• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawk makes top 5 list!

macdaddy

• Premium Member

List loss all credibility when it mentioned Kevin Durant.

Yep.

Keith Van Horn's brother has never been a good writer. Now he has proven that he's not a sharp basketball mind either. I think he needs to understand that there is a difference between overrated and overpaid.

• Like 1

List loss all credibility when it mentioned Kevin Durant.

I actually agree with this list especially since JJ and Chris Bosh (the most overrated NBA player IMHO) are on it and I think you guys are proving his point as Rose , Jennings, and Durant ,as good as they are - aren't as great as the fans and media have made them out to be. Durant may become a great player in time but he's only great on one end of the court and in my book, a great NBA player must show it on both ends of the floor. I'd say the same for Rose and Jennings but unlike Durant, I don't see these guys as ever being in the elite class of the all-time great NBA players. With that said - I'd take all three of them with the hope that potential translates to greatness at some point.

In my view, even though he may be losing it due to age, Kobe Bryant is the only great NBA player in the game today and the only player who lives up to the hype.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I actually agree with this list especially since JJ and Chris Bosh (the most overrated NBA player IMHO) are on it and I think you guys are proving his point as Rose , Jennings, and Durant ,as good as they are - aren't as great as the fans and media have made them out to be. Durant may become a great player in time but he's only great on one end of the court and in my book, a great NBA player must show it on both ends of the floor. I'd say the same for Rose and Jennings but unlike Durant, I don't see these guys as ever being in the elite class of the all-time great NBA players. With that said - I'd take all three of them with the hope that potential translates to greatness at some point.

In my view, even though he may be losing it due to age, Kobe Bryant is the only great NBA player in the game today and the only player who lives up to the hype.

Wow...that is quite possibly...no, I'm not even gonna get started. Just wow.

• Like 1

Yeah i almost stopped reading it at the mention of Durant.

His logic with the Hawks is stupid as well. He says signing Joe to that contract will prevent the team from developing into a contender. How is that considering the Hawks were at the cap if Joe walked so it's not like they could have offered another player Joe's money.

Durant is the new kid on the block. Everyone gets obsessed with the new kid on the block and the chinks armor go unnoticed. I cant believe a post which stated the obvious that Kobe is the only true elite player in the game right now got so many - hits.

Edited by NJHAWK

The list is so full of fail.

Derrick Rose is overrated because he can't hit threes.....Okay, he's only one of the best midrange shooters though.

Durant doesn't play defense and is turnover prone...... OKC was a top ten defensive team in the league and through advanced statistics Durant was one of their better if not best defenders. He doesn't turn the ball over at a higher rate than say Kobe, Wade or Anthony either.

Joe is past his prime at 29........alright buddy, he only turned in one of his best seasons at 28.

Jennings plays marginal defense at best? The only reason why Scott Skiles would tolerate any player shooting inefficiently is if they play defense. Bucks were 2nd in the league at that.

Bosh shoots too much and turns the ball over.......Does this guy actually watch the players he's criticizing or did he think Bosh was already playing with Wade and Lebron last season? He doesn't turn the ball over any higher than any other star and I'm wondering exactly who on the Raptors was Bosh taking shots away from?

The guy is not even a credible sportswriter or writer for any matter, he's just a wannabe that applied through this rigorous application process https://publish.associatedcontent.com/signup.shtml where any asshat can spout their opinion.

• Moderators

I particularly love these quotes:

If Rose was playing in a smaller market he would be a forgotten player

A forgotten player? Really?

The one thing going in Durant's favor is that he is young and has the chance to turn his game around. Otherwise he isn't worth the amount of money he is being paid.

Really? A chance to turn his game around after leading the US to a gold medal and leading the league in scoring.

Also, he is being paid $6,053,663 in 2010-11. Overpaid at $6M. Really?

Bosh is the perfect example of a player who rode the coattails of the top two players in the NBA, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade

Hey, Van Horn. Let me give you a hint. Bosh has never played a game in the NBA with Lebron or Wade. How was he a 5-time All-Star by riding their coattails?

Like Durant, Jennings has the chance to improve his game and become a quality starter in the NBA.

I get that Jennings is not a star but not a quality starter yet? Does he realize we are starting Mike Bibby, the Raptors started Jarret Jack, the Knicks started Chris Duhon, the Sixers started Jrue Holiday (.03 WS/48 compared to .10 WS/48 for Jennings), the Nets started Harris (.06 WS/48), the Pacers started Earl Watson, the Pistons started Rodney Stuckey (.05 WS/48), the Heat started Mario Chalmers (.08 WS/48), and the Wizards started Randy Foye (.06 WS/48). That is just the in the East. So not a quality starter? Compared to what league?

Oh, and even better he is saying Durant has the chance to become a quality starter.

This the sort of article that the phrase "epic fail" is invented for.

Wow...that is quite possibly...no, I'm not even gonna get started. Just wow.

It's just board talk so no problem and we all have opinions. There's a difference between having great talent and being a great player and it seems that the standard for greatness becomes lower and lower as time goes by - not just in basketball but in all things. I grew up in the 60's(maybe you're in my age bracket) and my standards for greatness are based upon players I grew up watching . No doubt that guys today are more talented but as a whole, the "old" guys were better players and because of that the game was much better. For me, Kobe is the one guy that stacks up to players from an era when the game was truly great - an era that ended with the Dream Team.