• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nique was especially complimentary of this new 'motion offense'

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Something tells me Nique was quite pleased with the coaching change. I heard him use the phrase 'ball movement' at least 50 times last night. Was he throwing darts at Woodrow???? Nique was one of the biggest critics of JJ and Woody's offensive scheme in the past so it's no surprise that he's on cloud nine with LD.

No question a motion based offense is better for this collection of talent but I'm still skeptical that JJ can resist taking cue from Jamal with the 1-on-1 iso game.

Still I must give LD props for getting the most out of the talent. Never seen Zaza better, and the other bench guys looked prepared and engaged.

Good first NBA victory as top dog LD!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Something tells me Nique was quite pleased with the coaching change. I heard him use the phrase 'ball movement' at least 50 times last night. Was he throwing darts at Woodrow???? Nique was one of the biggest critics of JJ and Woody's offensive scheme in the past so it's no surprise that he's on cloud nine with LD.

No question a motion based offense is better for this collection of talent but I'm still skeptical that JJ can resist taking cue from Jamal with the 1-on-1 iso game.

Still I must give LD props for getting the most out of the talent. Never seen Zaza better, and the other bench guys looked prepared and engaged.

Where did u hear Nique? The game wasn't on SportsSouth??? I just watched in on the net, but it was the Memphis station.

• Premium Member

Where did u hear Nique? The game wasn't on SportsSouth??? I just watched in on the net, but it was the Memphis station.

don't know about that JB1. I watched on the net too but got Bob and Nique. At least I think it was Bob and Nique. Can someone confirm this.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

It was on sports south and in HD and they looked to have upgraded their HD from last year, it really looked good on my television.

And yes, both Nique and Bob Rathbun were making several pointed remarks about the coaching change and how great it was to see our guys moving on offense and making several passes before someone got a great look at a shot. They were IMO politely letting you the fan know they completely endorsed Drew and were glad Woodson and his sixth grade isolation offense are a thing of the past.

It was on sports south and in HD and they looked to have upgraded their HD from last year, it really looked good on my television.

And yes, both Nique and Bob Rathbun were making several pointed remarks about the coaching change and how great it was to see our guys moving on offense and making several passes before someone got a great look at a shot. They were IMO politely letting you the fan know they completely endorsed Drew and were glad Woodson and his sixth grade isolation offense are a thing of the past.

Thats weird. It said no TV on the schedule that is linked on this page? Glad to hear the HD is improved also. I ended up watching the Memphis broadcast on the net and it was cool to hear their annoucers praising us so much.

Is Nique still saying "heat check" ??? :) I love Nique, but he is not a good announcer.

• Premium Member

I definitely think Nique loves the new offense....you can tell from some of his commentary last night:

" They got niimbers Bob"

"Heat Check"

and who could forget....

"Uh, That's a heat check Bob"

Nique adds so much to the broadcast.....

add:

"and...like I said Bob"

• Premium Member

There were no heat checks because we didn't have anyone dominating the ball. The only hot hand was Bibby and he didn't really miss. So does everyone still think Bibby is 'done'?

He got abused by Conley on the other end as well. Bibby's problems aren't from shooting, they are from defense. You don't lose your job in the NBA by forgetting how to shoot, you lose it because you can't defend your position effectively.

• Premium Member

He got abused by Conley on the other end as well. Bibby's problems aren't from shooting, they are from defense. You don't lose your job in the NBA by forgetting how to shoot, you lose it because you can't defend your position effectively.

I'm a Woody fan but I seriously doubt Woody brings Teague in to slow down Conley. I thought that was LD's most understated yet most effective coaching decision of the night.

• Like 1

I'm a Woody fan but I seriously doubt Woody brings Teague in to slow down Conley. I thought that was LD's most understated yet most effective coaching decision of the night.

Very astute, I agree. I watched Teague struggle with his own positioning on Offense and having to defer to Jamal a lot but then I started to notice the frustration on Conley and I put 2 and 2 together. He was working his butt off on the defensive end.

• Premium Member

Very astute, I agree. I watched Teague struggle with his own positioning on Offense and having to defer to Jamal a lot but then I started to notice the frustration on Conley and I put 2 and 2 together. He was working his butt off on the defensive end.

Didn't get to see it... no sweeter words could be said... always has been obvious that Teague had the quickness/athleticism to be an effective defender, but I wasn't certain he had the want-to... and similarly, I can't conceive why Jamal can't be an effective defender... but maybe that's another topic for another thread, and probably one that's already been done.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There were no heat checks because we didn't have anyone dominating the ball. The only hot hand was Bibby and he didn't really miss. So does everyone still think Bibby is 'done'?

He is definitely proving me completely wrong so far. Maybe the coaching change will re-energize him. I'm still a little skeptical but I'll admit Bibby looked better last night than I thought he ever would this year.

• Premium Member

Didn't get to see it... no sweeter words could be said... always has been obvious that Teague had the quickness/athleticism to be an effective defender, but I wasn't certain he had the want-to... and similarly, I can't conceive why Jamal can't be an effective defender... but maybe that's another topic for another thread, and probably one that's already been done.

Same here. The guy clearly has the athleticism so it's a mystery why he's so poor on the defensive end. Maybe he's so dial in on getting his points that structured offense and defense is just beyond his scope.

Dude EVEN SPORTSCENTER had a feature of the MOtion Offense. And when the Hawks played the Heat in the pre-season how many times did Reggie Miller mention it?

It's so obvious that we are exponentially better because of that offense. The way Joe Johnson actually passes the ball out of double and triple teams and we don't dribble out the shot clock this team is night and day difference.

This motion offense will make us a better road team, a better 4th quarter team, a better playoff team.

We can beat any team in the East in a 7 game series except the Magic with this new offense, that's how much it maximizes our potential