• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lets not overreact to one game

capstone21

• Admin

Last night was great and things went really well...however one game does not determine how the season goes. Lets not overreact to it.

If we lost last night the board would be reacting the opposite about how the motion offense does not work and calling for the heads of players who did not play well or for LD to be fired.

We need to play a number of games before you can really guage how the team is doing or how the season may go. One game is not going to say that Marvin is now a star, Joe is taking it to the next level, Josh can't play in the system or Crawford is not fitting in this year.

Its an 82 game season and we still have 81 to go.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I hear what you're saying but I'm guessing you just didn't watch the game. If you had you would now know for certain that we will be eastern conference champs and LD will be coach of the year. We were unstoppable. We would have crushed Miami. Oh and looks like Jordan Crawford is a horrible shooter and will never be any good. If you had watched the game you would know these things.

Last night was great and things went really well...however one game does not determine how the season goes. Lets not overreact to it.

If we lost last night the board would be reacting the opposite about how the motion offense does not work and calling for the heads of players who did not play well or for LD to be fired.

We need to play a number of games before you can really guage how the team is doing or how the season may go. One game is not going to say that Marvin is now a star, Joe is taking it to the next level, Josh can't play in the system or Crawford is not fitting in this year.

What!!??

We're going 82-0 this year. Bring on all pretenders. the Hawks are for reaaaall!! ARRRGH! Go for the eyes!

But, yes, you're correct. One game at a time, especially as the team gets used to the new system

• Premium Member

Whether we won or lost, this system is a better system period! and fits the personnel that we currently have on our roster. You would know this if you watched the game :laugh: There is one thing for sure, that old Iso-system had to go! We are much more difficult to defend and the team as a whole takes better shots. The game last night illustrated what motion and passing can do for your team's offense and we were not even in mid-season form. So yes, it was only one game but that one game supports what we have been saying for the last 5 years. :magnifier:

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

I think most people are taking it as one game, but even when we won last year, it was different. This felt like a good win. Many of the issues that we saw even in wins were missing for the most part from this game. Nobody is saying the team is perfect, but just watching Joe shoot a bunch of free throws, coaching decisions being made to adjust, and the bench actualyy getting a chance to play and learn is cause for optimism. No need to poo poo a good thing.

Edited by sultanofatl

Even if the Grizz happened to outplay us last night (hypothetically speaking) and win the game, and we played the way we did last night, I think many of us fans would not be complaining the same way as last year. We played a great game, and that's the way basketball should be played. The effort was there, the passing, lack of iso's, the defense, the rebounding. If we lost, it wouldn't be the same as last year, losing due to stupid turnovers, jumpshots, or poor defense, technical fouls. I think that is what frustrates us the most, knowing we should have one the game, but our team not playing the right way. Last night was very encouraging.

Edited by RT3

We just looked like a different team. Same faces, different team. Just witnessing MOVEMENT and back door lay-ups....we've been pining for this for years. I don't think it's overreaction, we're all just giddy.

• Premium Member

overreacting is what we do. Two weeks ago every Falcons fan wanted offensive coordinator Mularkey fired and this week fans want him in the HOF. I saw some good things last night but I'm no way near ready to color LD's short reign on top success. Let's see what they do when down 20 versus a good defensive team first. Even after that I'm not too sure. It's not the regular season where this team has problem. The real answer will come in the postseason but till then it's OK to enjoy a good win.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

We just looked like a different team. Same faces, different team. Just witnessing MOVEMENT and back door lay-ups....we've been pining for this for years. I don't think it's overreaction, we're all just giddy.

It's similar to when we first got Bibby after not having a legit PG for many years. I couldn't stop smiling watching Bibby running the offense and setting up guys for shots.

I felt almost the same way last night, watching us FINALLY having some type of offensive gameplan or scheme other than "give it to Joe and watch". I can't wait to see

how this season pans out.

Another thing that struck me was that Drew actually MADE ADJUSTMENTS to what the other team was doing! Another revelation! :)

Connely was easily getting around Bibby and was threatening to start a endless parade of layups and Drew promptly put in Teague

to stay in front of him. Also, when Zaza was hot, he didn't just put Al back in because Zaza had played a predetermined number of minutes.

It's nice to have a coach with an actual brain for a brain :) Not one who's idea of a gameplan is to wear a HUGE @ss ring on his finger or to shave his eyebrows off :)

Edited by JackB1

Or what? We're gonna jinx the Hawks to a 70 game losing streak? Message boards are for overreactions.

• Premium Member

It was a good win and showed some great promise for this season. No reason we as fans cant get a little excited.

Just so I'm not misunderstood... not that anyone should necessarily care... I have no problems with any one being even a lot excited... just expressing one fan's attitude among many others.

• Premium Member

...plus, no Zach Randolph for a big part of the game.

Call me when we give ORL a competitive game again, and we'll celebrate.

The hawks are in a no win situation with its fan base. If they Lose by 1 to the Lakers on the road, the site is flooded with negativity. If they win in convincing fashion against anybody but the top 4 teams in the NBA, then the board is not impressed and will be looking to rain on the parade. :brick wall: