• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - 'Zards

lethalweapon3

Thought the offense regressed toward the end of the game, but then JJ was hot and scored the points.

What's concerning to me is that this is two games in a row where Larry Drew has gone with the combo of Bibby, Crawford, and Johnson on the perimeter instead of having either Teague or Williams on the floor when Bibby or Crawford are in the game. Our defense when Bibby and Crawford are on the floor at the same time is frighteningly bad.

CP3 has just been replaced as the most desirable young PG!

WALL = WOW!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can't believe how good this guy looked tonight. Is he really going to be this great?

Or, is it another player having a career game against the Hawks? We've watched

that movie several times.

But, wow! Tonight Wall looked terrific, didn't he!

WALL = WOW!

Can't believe how good this guy looked tonight. Is he really going to be this great?

Well while I agree he looked great...he was playing against us. :temperature:

• Like 2

• Moderators

WALL = WOW!

Wall is going to be great. He is a stud.

What's concerning to me is that this is two games in a row where Larry Drew has gone with the combo of Bibby, Crawford, and Johnson on the perimeter instead of having either Teague or Williams on the floor when Bibby or Crawford are in the game. Our defense when Bibby and Crawford are on the floor at the same time is frighteningly bad.

Maybe they would stay in there if they would stop sucking.

BUT... JJ played too many minutes. I thought that was Woody out there coaching tonight.

• Like 1

I like the way we play as LD's new philosophy surely fits the makeup of our team... It's still early to handout grades and marks, but if we keep our focus, improve offensive decision making and limit TO's will be excellent!

Let's not forget that we're still adapting to the new system... and it will take some time to maximize our potentials. Chemistry and continuity that our team has will make things easier...

P.S. Defense must improve as well!

• Premium Member

I can deal with some ISO-plays late in the game as long as we've been giving them other looks for the rest of the game. The biggest advantage of the new offense, I think, is to make our offense less predictable, mainly by preventing the other team from sitting on the ISO plays. That goal seemed to be accomplished last night, at least.

The last two games have not been very impressive. The Sixers won only 27 games last year and the Wizards will be lucky to win that many this year. The Hawks are a veteran team that won 53 games last year. They should be able to handle games like this easily.

Last night it was nice to see Horford get more scoring opportunities than Smith. Horford got to the ft line 10 times which happened only once last year.

The last two games have not been very impressive. The Sixers won only 27 games last year and the Wizards will be lucky to win that many this year. The Hawks are a veteran team that won 53 games last year. They should be able to handle games like this easily.

Last night it was nice to see Horford get more scoring opportunities than Smith. Horford got to the ft line 10 times which happened only once last year.

I agree, I think part of the reason is our lack of ability to guard the PG and their SF having great games. Marvin hasn't brought it on the defensive end and that's what we need from him for the most part. He seems to struggle with SF's who are more SG than SF/PF when defending. Which is why he is great v. Artest, Lebron, and Odom but is poor v. VC, Al Thornton, and Iggy.

I think the PG issue is going to be a killer for us. I have seen every starting PG in the NBA abuse Bibby. Teague is thinking the game too much and just isn't helping us at PG. I knew it was going to be a WIP with him as Ish Smith took control at PG as Teague lost the job at Wake and was moved to SG. But he's much further than I expected, he might be helpful at PG in 2011-12 or later but for this season, he very raw at the position. I watched the East Semis last year again and I notice that it's not just Dwight that was the reason we really lost. It was Jameer Nelson who actually was the dominate one. He controlled the game and had he had his way with Bibby and the defense. Open up more chances for Dwight and spread the defense considerably and unlike a great offensive player like Nash who can't play defense, Nash can create havoc on offense which always challenges Orlando defense which forces Orlando to focus on defense a lot more than Bibby who's impact is irrelevant offensively v. Orlando.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

And for someone who's followed this team long enough you should know those are EXACTLY the type of games the Hawks used to lose ESPECIALLY on the road

So curb your pessimism

• Like 1

And for someone who's followed this team long enough you should know those are EXACTLY the type of games the Hawks used to lose ESPECIALLY on the road

So curb your pessimism

Sure they used to lose them when they were a 30 win team, which the Wizards probably won't be this year. So what?