• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Evans = Done?

Kingpin

My buddy is pretty good friends with Steve Holman, and was talking about Mo Evans before the game tonight and he said Mo Evans career is in jeopardy because of his knees. Steve travels with the team and knows quite a bit about the players/team, so I'd assume he'd know what he's talking about.

if its true and Mo can't come back, what are we going to do to fill the void at backup SF?

Edited by Kingpin

• Premium Member

I honestly don't know. I have no idea why we didn't sign a backup small forward, a true small forward, going into this season. The only true SF we have is Marvin and Evans had to play there by necessity as the backup. We need a legit backup small forward.

well if this is true, than we simply have to trade or sign from free agency a true backup sf for marvin. I mean theres really no other choice....well there is that guy pape sy or pap syy or something like that....while he lacks size, he is 6'7, just a lightweight for that position but an option!

It couldn't had been predicted that all three SFs would get injured. When healthy Hawks have Marvin/Evans/Sy as SF rotation + JJ and Smoove can play this position for some stretches.

Mo has always been undersized at 6'5" and now had the addition of coming off knee surgery in the summer. This has a lot to do with why he didn't opt out this past summer, he knew that knee injury would make it difficult to get a guaranteed deal.

Pape was never projected as a SF and even so you don't expect your late 2nd round pick that played limited minutes off the bench for a French dleague team to be in the rotation off the bat yet alone ever.

Both Joe and Smoove already start and we've seen their minutes skyrocket trying to cover another position since the injuries began.

All of this doesn't even point out that the starter, Marvin, was already much maligned to begin with.

It's hard to ignore the fact that SF or a perimeter defender were a need for the team all along but this board was more enamored with flirtations by Shaq than addressing that.

Josh smith will be an excellent back up small forward!

Josh Smith perimeter defense disagrees with you. His offensive movement does as well. Josh is one of the those might cut twice in an offensively possession but I bet more than not, he's just standing around.

Mo has always been undersized at 6'5" and now had the addition of coming off knee surgery in the summer. This has a lot to do with why he didn't opt out this past summer, he knew that knee injury would make it difficult to get a guaranteed deal.

Pape was never projected as a SF and even so you don't expect your late 2nd round pick that played limited minutes off the bench for a French dleague team to be in the rotation off the bat yet alone ever.

Both Joe and Smoove already start and we've seen their minutes skyrocket trying to cover another position since the injuries began.

All of this doesn't even point out that the starter, Marvin, was already much maligned to begin with.

It's hard to ignore the fact that SF or a perimeter defender were a need for the team all along but this board was more enamored with flirtations by Shaq than addressing that.

If Boston loss Rondo and Nate to injury they would be in trouble too. I don't see your point. I didn't think SF was a position that needed an addition. In fact I still don't. Marvin and Evans are rarely hurt at the same time in most years.

• Premium Member

Josh Smith perimeter defense disagrees with you. His offensive movement does as well. Josh is one of the those might cut twice in an offensively possession but I bet more than not, he's just standing around.

Back up! Not starter but Back up! Against other back ups! He will be very good especially against certain line ups. Josh is the second best passer on the team. So yeah he can play without cutting to the basket!

And by the way, he is a better perimeter defender than Crawford!

If Boston loss Rondo and Nate to injury they would be in trouble too. I don't see your point. I didn't think SF was a position that needed an addition. In fact I still don't. Marvin and Evans are rarely hurt at the same time in most years.

No, Boston would still have Delonte, you remember Doc's original PG up there? They wouldn't have to shuffle Allen and Pierce to PG and have them play 40+ minutes there. They even have a rook and then Daniels who can play point forward to back that up. That's perimeter depth.

Again we had Marvin then we had a 6'5" player that we knew had knee surgery and had missed most of preseason and all of camp. It's not that "oh they are rarely injured at the same time" its that one was already nursing his way back from an injury leaving just 1 healthy body ahead of him. Even if the plan was to start Jamal to increase that depth we'd be faced even more with the other issue, perimeter defense.

• Moderators

If we want to discus "could have beens", had we kept our second round pick we could have drafted Landry Fields.

6'7'' SF

2010 - 25 mpg, 8.5 ppg, 64% efg% (46% 3pt%), 5.5 rpg

Edited by AHF

What's Jarvis Hayes doing? Is he unsigned?

How about another Dawg ? Damien Wilkens. He plays pretty good perimeter defense and has a more all around offensive game. I think he is unsigned too.

I think the Pacers have been trying to move Dahntay Jones. He is pretty solid defenderHe has a pretty modest contract similar to Mo Evans. The Pacers may take a 1 for 1 swap since Jones still has another under contract and insurance may end up paying much of the expiring year of Mo's contract.

Edited by coachx