• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would not wait long to trade Craw

DJlaysitup

I said a couple of games ago that he's getting on my nerves now....he was fine with Woody at the head but now its like he's just not on the same page as everybody else, he puts up some horrible shots and at times its just irritating.....ship him out, he's not coming back next year anyway

I said a couple of games ago that he's getting on my nerves now....he was fine with Woody at the head but now its like he's just not on the same page as everybody else, he puts up some horrible shots and at times its just irritating.....ship him out, he's not coming back next year anyway

Agreed. agreed, and agreed. Thing is though Craw is a really nice piece. I mean let's be fair..last year they were calling him Jordan off the bench. He has major 6th man skillz.

My thought is this...when do you trade him? Logic would say you trade him for a big to a team that has extra bigs and their records shows they need a bump to get further in the playoffs (W/C would be nice).

But do you wait and continue to screw up our Chemistry to get the best deal at the deadline - or do you go early and maybe not get top dollar?

Tough decision...but my gut says make the deal early. Craw's best years are behind him IMHO. :kickcan:

Jamal is NOT going to bring the kind of talent in a trade that a lot of people around here seem to think he will. And we don't need another big, we need a decent backup PG or SF.

Everyone in the NBA knows that Jamal is only good for one thing, scoring. He's not going to play a lick of D and he's not going to run any offense besides creating his own shot. I really don't think he's nearly as valuable as many around here seem to think.

It's like I've always said about Jamal.

If he's making shots, then play him.

If he's not, get him off the floor, because he will flat out KILL YOU in other areas.

But when I talk about Jamal's one-dimensonal quality as a player, I've always been viewed as a hater . . . so don't beieve what I say about the dude.

• Premium Member

I'm thinking last year was a bit of fluke. Usually when players his age suddenly have a career year they go back down to earth in a hurray (Turkoglu is a recent example). The guy has been quite dreadful the last few games... I mean, really absolutely atrocious on both ends of the floor.

I'm thinking last year was a bit of fluke. Usually when players his age suddenly have a career year they go back down to earth in a hurray (Turkoglu is a recent example). The guy has been quite dreadful the last few games... I mean, really absolutely atrocious on both ends of the floor.

I disagree. Jamal's numbers last year weren't out of line with the kind of numbers that he's put up in the past, so I wouldn't say that it was a fluke (granted he did play less minutes than in the past). Jamal simply fit in better with Woody's offense than he does now with Drew's.

He's always been terrible on defense, so that's really nothing new... But yes, we are going to need him to find his shot regardless of the offense being run if we want to compete.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nah. Jamal plays great off a dominant player like JJ was last year. If you notice, JJ is not playing great, so Jamal is not doing so well as a result. I think the offense and the players commitment to it is where we start. Still, last night as we were losing, I noticed that we were still shooting 50%+ as a team. Last night's problem was that their shooting was good and they outrebounded us. They out rebounded us 44 to 32. When you get that many opportunities, you should win. We shot 49% to their 51%. The main problems were that our better players didn't play way and it seems like we abandoned our offense. Nobody on this board who saw the first quarter can say that we were bad or out of sync. Somebody said "we quit".. Well, that sums it up.

Getting a good defensive PG and an athletic wing or defense guy would be a good return for Crawford. One guy that I like is Lowery from Houston. Don't know if there is a match there to get him in some sort of package, but Lowery reminds me some of Mookie and that is what this team needs.

• Moderators

My thought is this...when do you trade him? Logic would say you trade him for a big to a team that has extra bigs and their records shows they need a bump to get further in the playoffs (W/C would be nice).

But do you wait and continue to screw up our Chemistry to get the best deal at the deadline - or do you go early and maybe not get top dollar?

Just my opinion, but the window for any trade considerations (by the Hawks' brass, not necessarily by us 'Squawkers) should not open until December 15, when the trade restrictions expire on Powell, Etan, and JC3. Not that there will be any clamoring for any of those guy's services, but it will enhance our flexibility in negotiating trades of more desirable assets like JC1. Joe's restriction ends on December 15 as well, for whatever's that worth.

~lw3

• Moderators

I disagree. Jamal's numbers last year weren't out of line with the kind of numbers that he's put up in the past, so I wouldn't say that it was a fluke (granted he did play less minutes than in the past). Jamal simply fit in better with Woody's offense than he does now with Drew's.

He's always been terrible on defense, so that's really nothing new... But yes, we are going to need him to find his shot regardless of the offense being run if we want to compete.

His scoring efficiency was significantly out of line with his past numbers. It was his career high and roughly 5 points over his career average - 57.3% ts% last season versus his career average of 52.5%. That is significantly out of line and will likely mean a regression in his efficiency this season, IMO.

• Like 1

Nah. Jamal plays great off a dominant player like JJ was last year. If you notice, JJ is not playing great, so Jamal is not doing so well as a result. I think the offense and the players commitment to it is where we start. Still, last night as we were losing, I noticed that we were still shooting 50%+ as a team. Last night's problem was that their shooting was good and they outrebounded us. They out rebounded us 44 to 32. When you get that many opportunities, you should win. We shot 49% to their 51%. The main problems were that our better players didn't play way and it seems like we abandoned our offense. Nobody on this board who saw the first quarter can say that we were bad or out of sync. Somebody said "we quit".. Well, that sums it up.

Spot on Diesel now its jamals fault . I could swear there is a quote around here from LD basically knocking what the OP is claiming right out of the box .

Last nights game was just a continuation of the 4th quarter of the Orlando game .

We come out of a timeout after basically clawing back and taking the lead

We insert Josh back into the game and from that point on

JJ loses ball out of bounds

Bibby misses open three and josh misses the follow up layup

Josh grabs the rebound refuses to pass to anyone brings the ball up clears out a side and tries to post up passing the ball only to Joe for a missed three

Next possession exact same this time he passes only to Joe again who then passes it back typo Josh a missed three by Josh

He basically FORCED LD to call a timeout so they could actually run a play

This is the type of stuff that the captains of the team does when things get rough .

Last night Josh grabs a rebound dribbles it up without anyone else touching it dribbles into the defense and loses it . They throw it ahead and they end up having to make 2 passes before they score and Josh doesnt even run back again this a CAPTAIN of this team .

But hey they will ignore this and say Crawford is killing us its pretty amazing considering the lack of leadership that is on display on a nightly basis .

He’s a shotmaker,” L.D. said. “You need a guy like that especially when the team is off to a slow start or a situation where we need a basket. We know with him, we can run some plays and he’s always been a producer. He gives us exactly what we need. He plays his role better than anybody I’ve seen. That’s a big plus having a guy like that.”

That was just a few days ago lol

I think its quite obvious that LD is taking some time to evaluate the young guys and get them some minutes early in the season especially considering Mo and Marvin are out and its hurting us but you take the pain now and hopefully it pays off later .

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He shot like .040% above his career averave (,030% above his previous high) and had a PER of 18.4 (had never had a PER higher than 15.5) while averaging 21 points per 36 mins (His career average is 17.2.. exactly what he is averaging this year). In fact, statistically this year he is back to playing exactly the same type of ball he had been playing from 2001-2009, with an EFG% of 47 percent (his career average) which is down from the 54% it was last year. (He had never had a season of an EFG% higher than 48%). He has a PER of 15.2 and a FG% of 42%... Pretty classic case of a guy coming down from his fluke career year if you ask me. I mean when a guy consistantly puts up a certain level of production for 9 straight seasons and all of a sudden has a year where his stats just take a big jump (Again Turkoglu is a great example of this) it almost happens 100% of the time that they will revert to their previous production at some point. So far we are seeing exactly that with Craw, and it was to be expected IMO.

Edited by Atlantaholic

I knew Crawford wouldn't be as successful under Drew unlike Woody because Woody was the perfect fit for him, just like Flip. A guy that allows scorers to just do what they want with no organized offensive system. Now that Drew has brought in a system he's not as successful to the overall success of the team

I'm thinking I'd like to see Crawford for Dahntay Jones and T.J. Ford

T.J. is also an expiring and not the player he once was, but has the ability to break down defenses and isn't completely lost on defense. Dahntay is a great defender and can score a little even though he has limited range on a jump shot.

Bibby/Ford/Teague

Johnson/Crawford Jr./Sy?

Williams/Jones/Evans

Smith/Powell/Thomas

Horford/Pachulia/Collins

Dragitoff . . if that trade works, I wouldn't be upset with that at all.

But of course, if Jamal scores 19 pts tonight on 7 - 12 shooting, people will be right back in his corner.

But if we can get a vet PG and a perimeter defender like Dahntay ( who can defend the 3 and the 2 on occasion ), I'll take that all day.

I'm thinking I'd like to see Crawford for Dahntay Jones and T.J. Ford

T.J. is also an expiring and not the player he once was, but has the ability to break down defenses and isn't completely lost on defense. Dahntay is a great defender and can score a little even though he has limited range on a jump shot.

Bibby/Ford/Teague

Johnson/Crawford Jr./Sy?

Williams/Jones/Evans

Smith/Powell/Thomas

Horford/Pachulia/Collins

I like it !

I know Ford is Mr Glass but resigning him next year, if he gells with the team, may even fit into the Hawks budget.

I want to wait until January to gage Teague's growth, & Crawford's play/health before pulling the trigger on mixing it up at PG though. Teague is still a baby.

Edited by coachx