• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In a quest to analyze a rumor?

Diesel

• Premium Member

possible trade

This is a possible trade.

Actually, the trade doesn't make sense. Why would Phoenix give up Nash? They don't even have a BU? Is Marvin better than Warrick? Plus they have Air Canada and Air France there already. The one plus is that Craw gives them cap relief?

For us, we put Nash as starting and Hill as starting and we're stronger. Butlers contract expires at the end of the season.

Dallas has to replace Butler.

I will admit that I don't know much about Caron Butler and I don't know anything about Ajinca but I do like the trade! My understanding is that Crawford is a Free Agent(?) after this season and apparently there are a lot of Hawks fans that are not real thrilled with Marvin Williams and Mike Bibby is getting up in age. And, I do know that both Nash and Hill are also getting up in age but I think if the Hawks could get those two players then that would give the Hawks more ammunition to make a run this season and possibly next. And, if Ajinca could be that 7' Center the Hawks have been looking for then that could be a huge bonus! And, as good as Al Horford is I think he could be even better if he had a decent Center playing next to him. Can someone tell me if this is a true rumor or just a trade scenario someone is throwing out there?

Caron Bulter just tore his PCL and could be out for the season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4672989/sources-mavs-wont-rush-to-replace-butler

The Suns are now several games below .500. The team is going no where. Two veterans over 35 (Nash, Hill) could be flipped for pieces that help them in the future. This season is already lost for the Suns. It would be great if the Hawks wind up with Nash but I don't know that we have the pieces to win out on that bidding war. I hope we try though.

Edited by coachx

There's a better chance of the Hornets handing us CP3 for a pair of draft picks than the Suns making this kind of deal. Their fans would have a fit if this went down no matter how many games under .500 they were. They would want more than what the Hawks are offering; much more...

Edited by Dejay

• Moderators

There's a better chance of the Hornets handing us CP3 for a pair of draft picks than the Suns making this kind of deal. Their fans would have a fit if this went down no matter how many games under .500 they were. They would want more than what the Hawks are offering; much more...

I would think we'd have to give up draft picks in addition. Nash and Hill would make us a contender in the east though.

• Premium Member

NBAsuperstar40 said something here.

My first reaction was that it looks...a little credible. Why does Phoenix do this? Well...the real question is where are they going? Nash is about to be what 37? VC? 35? They're not going anywhere with these guys and old man Grant and they both come off the books after next season. Actually Phoenix has a team option for 11/12 on VC don't they? They're out of the playoff race right now and where would they be if they could actually build a decent team? Nash would be pushing 38-40...VC isn't putting them over the top (I wonder if they'll even pick up his option...if they don't trade him).

That vs. shedding VC, Nash, and Crawford's salaries? Phoenix has to be looking at rebuilding right now. Moving Nash for young pieces and expirings isn't a bad idea. They do actually have a backup too. Dragic. Not Steve Nash, but I like that kid. I've liked him for a while now... He plays with a chip on his shoulder (him and Sasha were going at it in the playoffs hard and Dragic won it), nice handles, decent court vision...

The question is where do they get a significantly better deal? That's what I don't know. Seems to me many veteran clubs would be hot after Nash and could offer something better than Marvin + an expiring. LOL, and according to Superstar's rumor...we don't even want to include Marvin. Then again, Phoenix has a history of pulling out potential. Maybe they see the sliver of "potential" Marvin has?

• Premium Member

NBAsuperstar40 said something here.

My first reaction was that it looks...a little credible. Why does Phoenix do this? Well...the real question is where are they going? Nash is about to be what 37? VC? 35? They're not going anywhere with these guys and old man Grant and they both come off the books after next season. Actually Phoenix has a team option for 11/12 on VC don't they? They're out of the playoff race right now and where would they be if they could actually build a decent team? Nash would be pushing 38-40...VC isn't putting them over the top (I wonder if they'll even pick up his option...if they don't trade him).

That vs. shedding VC, Nash, and Crawford's salaries? Phoenix has to be looking at rebuilding right now. Moving Nash for young pieces and expirings isn't a bad idea. They do actually have a backup too. Dragic. Not Steve Nash, but I like that kid. I've liked him for a while now... He plays with a chip on his shoulder (him and Sasha were going at it in the playoffs hard and Dragic won it), nice handles, decent court vision...

The question is where do they get a significantly better deal? That's what I don't know. Seems to me many veteran clubs would be hot after Nash and could offer something better than Marvin + an expiring. LOL, and according to Superstar's rumor...we don't even want to include Marvin. Then again, Phoenix has a history of pulling out potential. Maybe they see the sliver of "potential" Marvin has?

This is based on superstars rumor.

My thought was that Phoenix wins here in that they do get out of Nash, Chillz, and Warrick's contract. What makes this work for them is the capspace saved. Also, they get Marvin (if they see him as a PF) this is a good deal for them... Then they have Marvin and Air France moving forward.

My thought on why Dallas does this because they lose nothing by trading Butler and Ajinca. Butler is done for the season and Ajinca is a project C. Dallas also gain two able replacements in the front court.

Which brings me to the Hawks.

Marvin, Craw, and Bibby... these are a lot of core players. For two aging stars. The thing is that Nash >>>> Bibby and Hilll >>> Marvin. The question is would that be enough to part with guys who make up our core of guys. I hate to give up Craw but at the same time, I have to admit that having Nash here could make us better? Nash Joe Grant Smoove and Horf is something to think about. Even though we've gotten older, you have to admit that we've gotten Smarter. You also have to admit that we have guys who know how to win. This was my interpretation of a very vague rumor.

I see it as a wash.

• Premium Member

You know that's horrible. However, the expiring is very valuable. immediately, i would say Dallas. They could get Butler plus some picks and maybe some of their youth Roddy.. but Dallas' youth is not that good. Even Roddy is injury prone. Still Nash + Dirk could be a driving force to get the deal done.. but does it make sense for Phoenix?

Most other teams have a starting PG... Let's see:

Boston ( Check)

Orlando (Check)

Miami.... Hmm? What could Miami give? Obviously no cap room. At most Mike Miller and a bunch of ending deals. But do you really want Miller when you got Pietrus and Carter?

Chicago (check)

NY (check)

Utah (Check)

OKC (Check)

San Anton (Check)

N.O (Check)

Denver (Check)

There are others, but the only teams that come to mind is us and LAL... and LAl... what can they offer? Steve Blake? Not as much in capspace.

So to answer your question, I think we have a very strong deal (as far as contenders is concerned).

Maybe the Suns likes Marvin. Sometimes a change of address is all a guy needs. Look at Diaw when he was with the Hawks and when he went to the Suns. (Then again, maybe that's what happens when you havea good pg. Other guys start looking better.)

Anyway, who wants two guys as old as Nash and Hill.

Edited by Randy

Nash would not make us better unles you get rid of Josh or Joe . They simply will never ever ever ever ever ever allow a ball dominant guard to come in and control the game that way . They are no longer fill the lane players who move without the ball they get the ball and do what they want when they want and would go crazy having to give up the ball to Nash the way they would have to do .

Secondly we dont run we are a short slow athletic team lol I dont understand why but we just are.

Defensive center and simply find a veteran defensive guard who can give you a few minutes is the best way to go with the current makeup of our team

• Premium Member

Nash would not make us better unles you get rid of Josh or Joe . They simply will never ever ever ever ever ever allow a ball dominant guard to come in and control the game that way . They are no longer fill the lane players who move without the ball they get the ball and do what they want when they want and would go crazy having to give up the ball to Nash the way they would have to do .

Secondly we dont run we are a short slow athletic team lol I dont understand why but we just are.

Defensive center and simply find a veteran defensive guard who can give you a few minutes is the best way to go with the current makeup of our team

Oh I disagree, when we get out and run we have the horses in JSmith, Horford, Crawford, Teague, Marvin and others.