• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We botched the 2009 draft

bumpyphish1

• Admin

Too early to say for sure since Teague rarely gets to play. Teague is no Acie though if he winds up on another team that will play him he'll put up numbers. Collison is a good player though.

Eric Maynor was ranked higher than Collison too. He and Holiday have really surprised how good they are at PG from that draft. I knew Lawson and Jennings were going to be good.

Teague so far has been the biggest dissappointment at PG. Hopefully he will prove that he deserves some PT with some solid play.

What has Teague shown you to clearly establish himself as being different from Acie? And don't say Teague is right-handed, that doesn't count.

Because when Teague actually gets minutes he shows flashes on offense and defense, plus he's not fragile like Acie is. I've also heard that teams have asked about acquiring Teague and I've heard other coaches say great things about him. He's a lot younger than Acie was as a Hawk and still has plenty of time to become the player we hope he can become. Sadly Teague just doesn't get the minutes since it seems that Woody left his doghouse behind for LD to use :(

We all know Teague does not get enough PT to prove himself. So why in the world are you bashing him now? Makes no sense to me. How are you going to judge someone with very little PT, and hardly no PT last year. You expect him to get off the bench with rare PT and be a Chris Paul? I don't get it.

Be patience, and time will only tell.

• Like 3

Teague has a lot of talent, Acie was like Shelden, not any good.

I don't get the lineup of Jamal, Evans, Wilkins, Powel, Zaza.

That lineups need a point guard. Teague should replace either Evans or Wilkins or even Jamal.

Sadly, Jamal Crawford has been our backup PG ever since he got here (when Joe isn't on the floor).

Has this been discussed at all on here?

I know hindsight is always 20/20 but our scouting department deserves some flack for that. That's a solid starter we could have had an replacement for Bibby. Not sure Teague will ever be that. He's more of a reserve imo.

To be honest bump - if we even have a "scouting department"...they are stealing money. Granted that the faces and the names have changed over the years - but a "scouting department" should be an expert or two who can get things right - especially when we had high second round draft picks and then as we got better - lower 1st rounders. We consistently stink in that department. We draft a "push shot" artist in JChillz early (#6) only to not learn our lesson and draft another push shotter in Teague a few years later (is there no film?)

We draft for "best available" when we have an actual need - then draft for need when their is no real talent left at the spot we are drafting at. We draft guys like Shelden at #5. We lose a #1 draft pick due to BK's poor poker skills. We missed out on a multitude of high second round picks that seemed to be "no brainers" - like Milsap.

....As far as Teague's future...I hope it is great but doubt it. I can't even see him as the "explosive backup" simply because he can't shoot a jump shot worth a darn.

We are lucky to be as good as we are....and much of that luck (IMO) comes from having that second 1st round pick and our "scouting department" picking a local boy (Smoove) on a lark and getting lucky.

Our primary core is three free agents - a total no brainer third pick (AL) and Smoove.

Edited by DJlaysitup

No one heard about Collison until Paul got injured and he produced as a starter. And he's been very inconsistent in Indiana so far, check his statline in last game vs Hawks against our famous defenders at PG.

I won't judge Teague until he plays several 30+ mins games and I believe he's shown flashes to warrant more PT then he gets.

• Like 2

No one heard about Collison until Paul got injured and he produced as a starter. And he's been very inconsistent in Indiana so far, check his statline in last game vs Hawks against our famous defenders at PG.

I won't judge Teague until he plays several 30+ mins games and I believe he's shown flashes to warrant more PT then he gets.

O horse patooty....Teague has been given his chances. He hasn't done spit. He dribbles down the court and that's about it....defenders back off of him due to his lack of an outside shot.

• Premium Member

You put Teague in Indiana and play him 25-30 mins a game and he would put up numbers similar to Collison's. Not saying Teague is great but he is shooting close to 50% this season and has an assist rate comparable to Collison's. Neither of these guys has shown a whole lot so far.

I said at the time I would have taken Dejuan Blair and I still think that was the right pick. Once Blair showed how dumb other teams were for passing on him then he could have easily be flipped for many pointguards who are huge upgrades. Drafting for need that late in the draft is a massive mistake in my opinion.

• Premium Member

He's not a creator

Too many dumb fouls

Routinely misses easy shots

His jumper is a wastes of times

In the same amount of time I think I saw more positives from Acie

It's doesn't take this long for a legit NBA PG to show his potential

• Like 1

Eric Maynor was ranked higher than Collison too. He and Holiday have really surprised how good they are at PG from that draft. I knew Lawson and Jennings were going to be good.

Teague so far has been the biggest dissappointment at PG. Hopefully he will prove that he deserves some PT with some solid play.

Maynor, Collison, and Lawson were seniors, and had WAY more experience at pg than Teague did. Too early to be making any judgements on JT.

Because when Teague actually gets minutes he shows flashes on offense and defense, plus he's not fragile like Acie is. I've also heard that teams have asked about acquiring Teague and I've heard other coaches say great things about him. He's a lot younger than Acie was as a Hawk and still has plenty of time to become the player we hope he can become. Sadly Teague just doesn't get the minutes since it seems that Woody left his doghouse behind for LD to use :(

No room for Teague in the doghouse. Josh Powell is already in there. lol!

I don't get the lineup of Jamal, Evans, Wilkins, Powel, Zaza.

That lineups need a point guard. Teague should replace either Evans or Wilkins or even Jamal.

Are you kidding me? You throw out a lineup of Teague, Evans, Wilkins, Powell, and Zaza, and we'd blow a 50 point lead. Who's going to score? As a matter of fact, that team would probably lose to a D-League team. Teague needs time to develop(see Billups, Rondo, etc...), Evans is gargage, Wilkins is pretty good on defense but that's about it, Powell is in the doghouse for a reason, and Zaza = the BIG stiff. LD would have to be out of his mind to put that lineup out there. He's on a 2 year deal, not a lifetime contract. Edited by terrell

• Moderators

Are you kidding me? You throw out a lineup of Teague, Evans, Wilkins, Powell, and Zaza, and we'd blow a 50 point lead. Who's going to score? As a matter of fact, that team would probably lose to a D-League team. Teague needs time to develop(see Billups, Rondo, etc...), Evans is gargage, Wilkins is pretty good on defense but that's about it, Powell is in the doghouse for a reason, and Zaza = the BIG stiff. LD would have to be out of his mind to put that lineup out there. He's on a 2 year deal, not a lifetime contract.

You absolutely need Crawford with that lineup. But the idea of Crawford at the 2 and Teague replacing Evans has merit.

Playoff teams play the players that help them win now, not in 2 or 3 years. They play only in case of an injury or in garbage time. Not an absolute but happens really often. That's why I'm willing to trade Teague & Jordan + picks for players that help us win immediately for the next 3 years.