• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Melo worth a 2011 playoff rental run

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71236/20110120/nuggets_call_around_nba_to_determine_new_market_for_carmelo/

If the Nets can't land him and the Nuggets don't want to accept a Knick offer then I think teams aren't gonna give up that much for a Carmelo half season rental.

Can we get in on the sweepstakes with a Crawford + 1st rounder for Melo deal and ride him through the 2011 playoffs..I mean we would be a force with:

JJ

Horford

Smoove

Melo

That could easily be an eastern conference finals or nba finals team right there. It would really only cost us a first rounder really because I seriously doubt Craw signs with us this summer. Unless of course we have a taker for Marv...then we try and keep Craw with Marv's money this summer. Thoughts?

If we would sign an ext, I would offer: Smoove, Crawford, and Mo for Melo, Nene, and Harrington. No picks tho.

You're retarded if you think the Nuggets will do a Crawford + 1st for Melo. Absolutely retarded.

[/quo

I don't think you understand that the Nuggs can't get anywhere close to equal value if it's for a rental. You have to understand that it's better for the nuggets to get something than nothing.

• Premium Member

I don't think you understand that the Nuggs can't get anywhere close to equal value if it's for a rental. You have to understand that it's better for the nuggets to get something than nothing.

We are giving them nothing in that deal (except a mid-20s draft pick, which is basically nothing). Expiring contracts have no value to the Nuggets in a deal for Melo because Melo's contract is also expiring. Why would they like Jamal's expiring contract better than Melo's?

• Moderators

A team like the Rockets seems well-positioned to jump in with a rental offer that can trump anything we can give. They can provide more salary relief (such as Yao Ming's insurance backed contract), more picks (including the Knicks' unprotected pick), and more young talent (lottery picks Jordan Hill, Patrick Patterson; several guards, etc.).

I would definitely pick up the phone but wouldn't have much hope. Zero hope for a Crawford + 1st for Melo

This team doesn't need another perimeter offensive option instead we need a Sheed. A defensive option (be it frontcourt or back) that can score close to the basket and be vocal in the locker room. Something like moving Jamal for Devin Harris and Kris Humphries and then trading Teague for TMac or a Bill Walker balances out the roster better than getting just Melo.

• Premium Member

This team doesn't need another perimeter offensive option instead we need a Sheed. A defensive option (be it frontcourt or back) that can score close to the basket and be vocal in the locker room. Something like moving Jamal for Devin Harris and Kris Humphries and then trading Teague for TMac or a Bill Walker balances out the roster better than getting just Melo.

Exactly. If we got Melo we would essentially end up being a less talented version of the big three in Miami. JJ, Horf, Melo and a bunch of scrubs... That ain't gonna get it done. I'll also add Melo is being really overrated right now. He is not in the Lebron/D-Wade/Durant tier.

• Premium Member

Us now is the equivalent of us trading with Denver for Melo. He's not going to play defense for our PGs and he's not going to play defense and rebound and score inside for our C.

I would rather see us trade for Reggie Evans and maybe Ramon Session. And I wouldn't give up the Crawford to get them.