• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh gets hit with hefty fine

Blunt91

• Premium Member

Josh Smith is the most out of control, overrated player in the NBA. Also a complete idiot and low basketball IQ. It's time to trade this clown and get a real legit PG or superstar player

First off, he's not. Second, if he is, then how will we dupe some team into giving up a "real legit PG or superstar player" in exchange for this out of control, overrated complete idiot with a low basketball IQ?

• Like 3

First off, he's not. Second, if he is, then how will we dupe some team into giving up a "real legit PG or superstar player" in exchange for this out of control, overrated complete idiot with a low basketball IQ?

Josh Smith is a love or hate player. Talent wise you love him but his weaknesses are ugh. He has more strengths than any top 5 PF in the NBA but has more weaknesses than any top 10 PF. He's a hard player to guide but he's very talented and he would be great in an up tempo offense and he's already good at PF in a slow paced one like ours.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

That stupid classless gesture summed up what Smoove is all about. You would NEVER catch Horf doing something like that. Josh is still complaining like a spoiled baby on ever non foul call and has definitely regressed mentally under Drew. I was afraid of this when the Hawks made the asst coach the head coach. Drew has never taken a tough stance against Smith yet. He seems afraid of him.

• Like 4

That stupid classless gesture summed up what Smoove is all about. You would NEVER catch Horf doing something like that. Josh is still complaining like a spoiled baby on ever non foul call and has definitely regressed mentally under Drew. I was afraid of this when the Hawks made the asst coach the head coach. Drew has never taken a tough stance against Smith yet. He seems afraid of him.

This Guy.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I asked about this as an aside in the Marvin fighting thread yesterday (someone tweeted it as his attempt at the Sam Casell dance).

Prior to Marvin-gate, it was the clearest signal that the Knicks' fans had gotten under the thinner skins of at least one of our Hawks.

Good for the league to fine him, but as with Marvin I'd rather the team do some fining, too. Unlike Al's "ATL represent" call-out, Josh and Marvin's actions were detrimental to the team even moreso than the league.

~lw3

Uh..yes he is dude. he is a immature clown. The guy sits here and continues to shoot jumpers eventhough he is an awful shooter. PF are not supposed to be shooting 3's the whole friggin game. It's clear Larry Drew is weak and won't discipline him when he does continue take bad shot after shot. Maybe another team with a disciplined coach and adequate ownership can teach Smoove how to be a pro athelete and play to his strenghts. We clearly can't. He is still 24yrs old so any team in the NBA would take him on and see if they can groom him to be the player he should be. It's clearly not happening with Atlanta.

• Premium Member

No you wouldn't. He only says, "F U, pay me!!!!", to an opposing player after hitting a big shot. :snowballfight:

• Like 3

Man, what is it with you against Smith? You always talk about how Horford is SOOOO amazing, but then about HOOWWW Smoove is so terrible. Dude, they are on the same team. Josh can do so much things that Horford can not do, and vice versa with Horford. You have to stop with this Horford vs Smith thing. Accept that they are both on the Atlanta Hawks and bring different things to the table. What happens if Horford gets traded to a team one day? Will you leave the Hawks organization behind and follow Horford like all the LeBron bandwagoners do? I bet you would be the fist to leave and diss the Hawks. Just stop man. Can you post in one thread without bring one negative thing about Smoove? I bet you look forward Josh Smith errors in games, so you can b*** and complain. You're like the Diesel of Josh Smith.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 2

Man, what is it with you against Smith? You always talk about how Horford is SOOOO amazing, but then about HOOWWW Smoove is so terrible. Dude, they are on the same team. Josh can do so much things that Horford can not do, and vice versa with Horford. You have to stop with this Horford vs Smith thing. Accept that they are both on the Atlanta Hawks and bring different things to the table. What happens if Horford gets traded to a team one day? Will you leave the Hawks organization behind and follow Horford like all the LeBron bandwagoners do? I bet you would be the fist to leave and diss the Hawks. Just stop man. Can you post in one thread without bring one negative thing about Smoove? I bet you look forward Josh Smith errors in games, so you can b*** and complain. You're like the Diesel of Josh Smith.

Yeah I hear you mann. All the Al Horford nuthuggers around here are starting to get on my nerves. I mean really. There aren't any squawkers who have latched onto the scrotum of Smoove like......oh wait, nevermind.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Kobe does this plenty of times, why isn't he getting fined. 25,000$ might be a fortune for us, but it's nothing for guys making 10 mill a year.

the crotch grab and shake is what did Josh in. Had he done it the other way he could have argued that he was holding 2 imaginary bowing balls in effort to compare his shot to a perfect game in bowling.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Just for some perspective. Josh Smith:

#2 on the team in 3pt percentage. Ahead of Jamal and well ahead of Marv, Mo, and Joe. At what point to we start threads complaining about those guys jacking bad shots?

2nd in total rebounds. First in Defensive rebounds

3rd on the team in total assists. 11 behind Bibby

1st on the team in total steals. Almost 30 ahead of the 2nd guy Jamal (63 to 37)

Of course blocks and points. But there is a spotlight on Smoove that the others don't deal with. No one freaks out when other guys on the team take and miss horrible shots.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Just for some perspective. Josh Smith:

#2 on the team in 3pt percentage. Ahead of Jamal and well ahead of Marv, Mo, and Joe. At what point to we start threads complaining about those guys jacking bad shots?

At the point at which it starts lowering their overall offensive efficiency and stops spreading the floor for others. Remember, that having perimeter threats is essential for floor spacing but that Smith doesn't space the floor at all at this point and his increased perimeter shooting has actually slightly lowered his ts% despite the big increase in his jump shooting effectiveness (and that is a falling number since he started the year so hot). I do have to say, though, that I am suitably impressed that his 3p% has been as consistent as it has this season. He hasn't had a bad month yet. I'd just like to see Josh taking the open 3s and focusing his attention on getting into the paint more than he has this season.

2nd in total rebounds. First in Defensive rebounds

3rd on the team in total assists. 11 behind Bibby

1st on the team in total steals. Almost 30 ahead of the 2nd guy Jamal (63 to 37)

Of course blocks and points. But there is a spotlight on Smoove that the others don't deal with. No one freaks out when other guys on the team take and miss horrible shots.

No one shows worse shot selection than Smith but the guy is a big-time talent - an effective rebounder with upside still in that area (better blocking out and fundamentals would continue to improve his performance), an underrated passer (I love his passing on the interior), and an impact defensive force.

Josh is far from the biggest problem on this team but has some of the most easily correctable problems. No one is going to waste thread after thread complaining about Bibby's defense when he is playing smart D but is just physically unable to perform. It is a different issue when a guy has all the tools but hasn't put it together yet.

• Like 1