• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich/Armstrong acquired.

Sothron

Based off what i've seen from Jordan in college and this season. When Jamal leaves who do we have on the bench? Teague? Collins?

Well this move should tell you that maybe just maybe jamal isnt gone now shouldnt it ?or that we are looking at other alternatives in future moves .

Jordan wasnt a sure thing and seemed to me to be a reach simply because we were uncertain about Joe at draft time .

he has potential but right now after the moves our competitors have made potential does us no good unless its SUPERSTAR POTENTIAL . The worst thing a team in our situation can do is get stuck on players that we know cant help us .

It expires next year. I think he makes around $8 million per year. I think people will be surprised how much he helps the team.

You can bet JJ is glad he doesn't have to guard PGs any more.

I like Hinrich toughness. Bibby was jokester........Hinrich has a more serious blue collar attitude that I hope rubs off on this team.

Here is something that bugs the hell out of me about the Hawks GM. Whoever it is at the time. They all make the same dumb moves.

From Wikipedia about Hilton Armstrong

He was waived on April 10, 2010 by the Houston Rockets.

Armstrong signed with the Washington Wizards on July 13, 2010.

If we thought he was an asset, why the hell didn't we pick him up off waivers back then?????

You can bet JJ is glad he doesn't have to guard PGs any more.

I like Hinrich toughness. Bibby was jokester........Hinrich has a more serious blue collar attitude that I hope rubs off on this team.

Awesome. I agree Hinrich is gonna help both the offense and defense out a whole lot. I think he will be a better mentor for Teague as well and hopefully Teague will develop!

• Premium Member

If we thought he was an asset, why the hell didn't we pick him up off waivers back then?????

HE'S TRADE FILLER!

The Wizards would've had to waive someone for the trade to go through if Armstrong wasn't included. He's the center equivalent of Josh Powell (in terms of skill).

Now that we have Hinrich, will we run more as a team? I always felt we held that advantage over most other teams, and with Bibby initiating the offense at such a slow pace, I wonder if Hinrich will speed it up?

And without access to our 1st round pick and Crawford Jr., and assuming we let Jamal walk, what will we use/do to fill out our bench going forward with some actual talent that can contribute?

• Premium Member

WojYahooNBA: Charlotte-Portland talks for Gerald Wallace cooling, sources say. 'Cats pulling back, with one source suggesting MJ's getting cold feet. [via Twitter]

Send CHA Brainless Smoove and Teague, what can we get for them?

Any chance we get G-Force and DJ?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5s499fu

Hell I'd just get rid of Smoove straight up if needed. :help wanted3:

Edited by BrazilianHawk

WojYahooNBA: Charlotte-Portland talks for Gerald Wallace cooling, sources say. 'Cats pulling back, with one source suggesting MJ's getting cold feet. [via Twitter]

Send CHA Brainless Smoove and Teague, what can we get for them?

Any chance we get G-Force and DJ?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5s499fu :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

No deal

arnold-schwarzenegger-screaming-kindergarten-cop_528_poster.jpg

Edited by GABALLA
  • Like 2

I would have preferred we kept the 1st rd pick but for only ONE reason...

...we trade it!

This year's first rounder is more of a financial burden than a talent boom. However, it has some trade value and I was hoping that we packaged it with crawford, MW, or even with a larger piece for a center.

We'll see if this is the only move. Hinrich may be one of those players with a much bigger impact than his stats, but if we are at all interested in another deal now or this offseason trading the 1st hurts.

W

• Admin

I don't know why we included a first round pick but picking up a pg who all out hustles and plays defense will make a big difference for us. We finally will allow the other four guys on the floor to play their man. We won't have to hide Bibby on defense. I am going to miss Bibby's smart passes and clutch shooting but Kirk is a step up.

I still hope we make a move for a post presence big but I think we made a good deal today.