• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it just me..

AnthonyI11

Not that I dislike Bibby, but all this is happening because we don't have him. With him, we wouldn't have the defensive pressure you see now and we wouldn't be pushing the ball up the court and shoving it down their throats. Loving the Teague/Hinrich platoon. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Scary! Gertting closer faster than it should late.

Thank goodness for the big cushion.

Great win for the Hawks! These guys could be scary good.

Zaza had a great game. Welcome back!

:line dance:

Not just you..we are playing faster, but we are turning it over like its sexy.

Pretty much the downside of playing faster but LD seems to have flipped the script. Play straight up, only switch between the wings and double the post occasionally, CRASH THE BOARDS AND GET OUT AND RUN. It's going to look sloppy at first but it's creating more possessions for us.

That 4th quarter still shows that the Hawks need a new point guard and/or a new coach. The Jamal+Joe prevent offense was in full effect during those final 5 minutes.

What difference would another PG make , if JJ is going to

dribble for 15 seconds??I'm not just talking about the last

5 minutes.There were quite a few times throughout the

game , where the ball was inbounded to Joe, and he held

on to the ball the entire possession.Jamal is JJ 's partner in crime

.They were playing 2 vs 5 in the 4 quarter.

Edited by pimp

Yeah, they are getting more stops, don't know what it can be attributed to though because Hinrich is giving up just as many as he is getting. Teague is better defensively and it is not even close.

Andre could have ate Kirk for lunch had he had the mind to do it. Everytime he went at him he got a basket it seemed like.

Andre could have ate Kirk for lunch had he had the mind to do it. Everytime he went at him he got a basket it seemed like.

Kirk was overplaying everything tonight. He is still trying to figure out what we want and execute, I'll like what I seen from him but Teague was more impressive. Jamal was a wreck, stats aside.

The last 2 games have been the most confused and hectic i've seen any opponent of the Hawks all year. Their extremley active with their hands not only challenging shots but the pass....that's what's making it fun to watch all of a sudden. 1st time in quite a while i can actually feel some energy coming thru the TV from the Hawks. My thing is how we out boarded them, that makes me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah it got a litle dicey at the end but this is the effort and passion i've been wanting to see all year on a consistent basis and then i can live with the results thereafter.

Edited by HawkFoLife
  • Like 1

He got 20 and not 1 came on Teague even though he is smaller. He ate mostly Hinrich and Jamal to some point alive. Hinrich is a upgrade over Bibby but I really like Teague on D.

• Premium Member

That 4th quarter still shows that the Hawks need a new point guard and/or a new coach. The Jamal+Joe prevent offense was in full effect during those final 5 minutes.

Without Bibby...

We have played two West teams:

GS average 102 per game

PTL averages 95 per game.

Against us, the scored 79 and 83 respectively. That's an average of -17.5 per game off their average for our opponents.

• Like 1

Yep, that was horrible and led to a white knuckle finish which was entirely unnecessary. It's that 'hold the ball until the shot clock is down to one and then launch an impossible shot' strategy, which never works and like the prevent defense in football, all too often all it seems to do is prevent victory. That doesn't require a new PG or coach though, all it requires is a change in strategy and philosophy, with the obvious strategy to employ being to continue playing the way that led you to that large lead in the first place, in other words stay aggressive and keep after the other team.

:cant believe:

The way to beat this Hawks team. Tight, man to man defense, full court press.

We watch as teams suddenly turn things around late in games. Prime example

was last night. With that kind of defensive pressure, we would have lost.

It's not that we didn't expect this pressure. We couldn't handle it. Glad that they

waited until it was too late to matter. This fade away late in games has become

a bad habit for Atlanta.

Great game and those shots were falling. Way to go!!

Zaza was great. Jeff T. was great!

• Premium Member

:cant believe:

The way to beat this Hawks team. Tight, man to man defense, full court press.

We watch as teams suddenly turn things around late in games. Prime example

was last night. With that kind of defensive pressure, we would have lost.

It's not that we didn't expect this pressure. We couldn't handle it. Glad that they

waited until it was too late to matter. This fade away late in games has become

a bad habit for Atlanta.

Great game and those shots were falling. Way to go!!

Zaza was great. Jeff T. was great!

The thing is teams don't want to invest into a full court press all game. Maybe a college team but not a pro one. Eventually, we'll figure out how to beat a press. Our team needs time for these PGs to meld. Teague has always been TO prone. I think for Hinrich, it's just a case of familiarity. In a few weeks, we should really be rolling.

Let's see what we can do with Denver.

But....

We scored pretty well in the fourth !

You all seem to think Portland made a come back because of our inability to score but look at the stats. It is not the reason

WE LET THEM SCORE OVER 30 POINTS ...

Yes, the defense played a part in allowing the Blazers to comeback, but

8 hawks turnovers in the 4th quarter lead to many easy baskets for them.