• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks @ Denver

AnthonyI11

Tonight should be a great game! I think we should win this game, but Denver is a very deep team now and likes to play fast, but I think we match there athleticism. Can't wait for the game! 2-0 with Captain Kirk!

This will be interesting to see how we match up with the new look Nuggets. Given the amount of turnover on their team, I'd think this should be a winnable game for us too, but for the fact that we're playing a back to back and also for the fact that Denver has played extremely well since the Melo trade, knocking the snot out of the Celtics and then going on the road and losing to the Blazers by one point in overtime, with Gallinari and Chandler combining for 50 points and 15 boards in just their second game as Nuggets. So this game will be a good test against another quality opponent.

I'm wondering what Denver's plans are regarding Timofey Mozgov, as he's received two DNP CD's in his two games as a Nugget, with Nene playing big minutes and capably backed up by the Birdman. Mozgov is very raw, but he does have some talent, so depending upon what they want to do with him, he might be a player to possibly keep an eye on for the future.

I'm looking forward to this game and I think that we should be able to handle the Nuggets pretty well as long as we continue to play D the way we have for most of the past 2 games. I'm hoping that Teague gets the start again tonight as I think it will be cool to see how he matches up with Lawson. The big key for us will be if we decide to play uptempo with them will we be able to take care of the ball or will we continue our problem of turning the ball over that we've seen so much of lately. If we can take care of the ball I suspect we'll win this one fairly easily since Josh should be able to dominate Gallinari at PF.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this game and I think that we should be able to handle the Nuggets pretty well as long as we continue to play D the way we have for most of the past 2 games. I'm hoping that Teague gets the start again tonight as I think it will be cool to see how he matches up with Lawson. The big key for us will be if we decide to play uptempo with them will we be able to take care of the ball or will we continue our problem of turning the ball over that we've seen so much of lately. If we can take care of the ball I suspect we'll win this one fairly easily since Josh should be able to dominate Gallinari at PF.

We have to be a little careful about running too much too early in Denver. That altitude will make a difference late in the game, then add in we're on the back end of a B2B.

The turnovers will start to decrease as Kirk gets more accustomed to the team and learns where they need the ball.

It would be good to see how Teague can handle Lawson. Hopefully the kid does it well if he's given the chance.

Very tough one to get with of course the altitude and this new look Denver squad is actually playing defense unlike they have since Mutumbo/RPack days. They were resting last night waiting so I don't expect a blowout win like some of us :thumbsdownsmileyanim: but a very close actually defensive struggle.

Is this the stretch run where we start getting badass game threads (mainly from Teke) and a pinned game thread for the rest of the year? God I hope so, I am starting to get real antsy around the Squawk especially since our team appears to have a completely different mindset the past two games.

• Premium Member

Everyone is fogetting that it's the second of a back to back in DENVER, so the hawks really need to grind it out and don't get into a up and down game with this team.I see zaza, powell getting good min. And i also see collins startin to help out with NENE on D

Everyone is fogetting that it's the second of a back to back in DENVER, so the hawks really need to grind it out and don't get into a up and down game with this team.I see zaza, powell getting good min. And i also see collins startin to help out with NENE on D

Nah Horford can handle Nene, especially if they're running with Gallinari at PF and an overall smaller lineup. I do agree that we need to avoid getting into an up and down game with them though. I'm thinking positive about this one though, especially with us being a good road team and being so good on the 2nd night of back-to-backs.

On a side note, am i the only one who thinks that Denver won the trade?

Long term I think Denver wins the trade but immediate returns NY won the trade. Billups probably has 1-2 more years left in him and Carmelo is starting to get up there but should be a star for a while. It's hard to believe too much in Chandler and Gallinari at this point but they look like they're ready to be very good players and of course Felton is a great addition as well, although the real value of the trade will probably be seen when they either unload Felton or Lawson for help somewhere else.

Good road team, that's something I never expected to apply to us after all these years. I'm glad we are over that hump now

I think they said last night that this is the best road team we've had since 98 or something like that. And consider this as well, with the win last night we matched ALL of last years road win total already and we still have 8 more road games left. This gives me hope that maybe we've just been complacent at home and/or that the players haven't been playing up to their potential for some type of reason (e.g. to force a trade (PG) or to try not to get traded (Craw)).

Back to back in the toughest climate for road teams because of the element with inferior quality depth. I am trying to be optimistic but this is most likely a L. On the bright side the ASG and Sund will not be able to use that we have won how many ever months in a row pitch anymore