• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bob Rathbun Appreciation Thread

MrRyda

Gotta love Bob Rathburn. I always look forward hearing from Nique and Bob every Hawks game. They do a great job and make the game more exciting. It seems like his excitement transfers to my body and makes me more excited. :yahoo:

• Premium Member

old man needs to simmer down a bit. I still love his passion though.

+1 (an actual one) for Rathbun appreciation.

Bob is great for the Hawks, just absolutely great. I didn't like listening to him with the Braves and I don't like listening to him during ACC basketball (although I do appreciate him being knowledgeable about Clemson), but with the Hawks he just brings excitement.

I was going to create this same thread tonight.....Bob is that dude, he absolutely kills it!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

They even pay tribute to him in the NBA.com recap. "Let's listen" followed by Bob's passionate commentary with Horford's dunk in the final minutes. Good stuff! Now there's an announcer that truly loves this team. That's why I miss being able to watch local games here on the west coast. I'd always go with Bob even if it was a nationally televised game.

Bob Rocks !

I'd loved his call when Marvin blocked Rose. He was screaming for a foul after Horford's dunk in the final minute where there was tons of contact. That was definately a big boy dunk. Then JJ put the cherry on top with the break away dunk at the end. I absolutely lost it at that point. My wife almost through me out of the house since I was yelling right with Bob. I was interrupting her American Idol.........heaven forbid.

I'm sure many of us were doing a "happy dance" during that Hawks come back. I think I did about 5 of them:

1. Marvin's block of Rose

2. Marvin's 3 on the next possesion

3. Horford's big boy dunk

4. JJ's cherry on top

5. 1 more as the finale buzzer sounded and Horford grabbed the last rebound.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Bob does an amazing job of calling the game. He does his homework and he knows how to give the opposition their due. He's a huge homer, lol...but what I like is the way he takes those little stealth jabs every once in a while.

...on a side note, I miss Stinger next to Bob. People used to hate on the Stinger, but he and Bob had the best chemistry...well...no 2nd best. I REALLY miss Smitty on the mic. He started off a little rough but he really picked it up later.

• Like 1

Bob does an amazing job of calling the game. He does his homework and he knows how to give the opposition their due. He's a huge homer, lol...but what I like is the way he takes those little stealth jabs every once in a while.

...on a side note, I miss Stinger next to Bob. People used to hate on the Stinger, but he and Bob had the best chemistry...well...no 2nd best. I REALLY miss Smitty on the mic. He started off a little rough but he really picked it up later.

I agree.......the chemistry Bob and Glenn had was great. Nique has grown on me but Glenn was truly exceptional at his job. He has written several books and is excellent with words. You can tell he is more educated then the average commentator.