• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will this team be "blown up" after this season?

dakast

I think that we have something special going. We have two more puzzle pieces to fill before we are a championship contender. First, if Larry Drew doesn't take us at least as far into the playoffs as Mike Woodson did last year, we fire him. But if we fire him, we don't just promote Bob Bender. We hire somebody like Mike Brown or Larry Brown or how about we re-hire Mike Woodson. Then, we get a tall (at least 7ft), strong, and big center. I am hoping for Marc Gasol. My second choice is Shaq. But I would also be happy with people like Brad Miller.

Imagine what could've been had we gone after, hell even interviewed, Tom Thibodeaux...

Typical ASG fluff; "We're going to search high & low for a qualified, top notch coach with a fresh perspective"... So we low-ball Avery Johnson, we interview a "never before Head Coach" in Mark Jackson, and ultimately we wind up with Larry "I've been here all along and I'll do it for peanuts" Drew...

Other than Horford this whole team is expendable, but it's Rick "25 years as a GM, ZERO championships" Sund and the inept/broke/worthless/spineless/clueless ownership group so I don't expect much other than a Josh Powell here or an Etan Thomas there...

• Like 3

I think that we have something special going. We have two more puzzle pieces to fill before we are a championship contender. First, if Larry Drew doesn't take us at least as far into the playoffs as Mike Woodson did last year, we fire him. But if we fire him, we don't just promote Bob Bender. We hire somebody like Mike Brown or Larry Brown or how about we re-hire Mike Woodson. Then, we get a tall (at least 7ft), strong, and big center. I am hoping for Marc Gasol. My second choice is Shaq. But I would also be happy with people like Brad Miller.

". . . how about we re-hire Mike Woodson"

Are you joking or are you serious?

Imagine what could've been had we gone after, hell even interviewed, Tom Thibodeaux...

Typical ASG fluff; "We're going to search high & low for a qualified, top notch coach with a fresh perspective"... So we low-ball Avery Johnson, we interview a "never before Head Coach" in Mark Jackson, and ultimately we wind up with Larry "I've been here all along and I'll do it for peanuts" Drew...

Other than Horford this whole team is expendable, but it's Rick "25 years as a GM, ZERO championships" Sund and the inept/broke/worthless/spineless/clueless ownership group so I don't expect much other than a Josh Powell here or an Etan Thomas there...

Actually Horford is quite expendable too no one on this team should be safe .

• Like 1

Mike Brown is Woodson-lite. He solves zero problems.

Larry Brown failed in Charlotte for a reason. He harps on players way too much, and his style just doesn't work anymore.

I feel like this team would respond to a young coach, but it would have to be the right one. Maybe a Frank Vogel type? He's done pretty well with an Indiana team with average talent. It would be interesting to see what he could do with a team like ATL. LD is a good assistant coach, and that's probably what he should be today.

He was the coach that players could always go to and talk to (during the Woodson era) but he never necessarily commanded respect. That's a problem, especially when it comes to being a head coach.

This team is finished dude.

They have no heart. There is no coach out there that will make this a better team they way it currently is.

I agree with your statement.

This team plays as if they don't give a damn most of the time.

No, we will see the same core next year. Joe, Josh, Al and Marvin are staying. Jamal will not re-sign they will try and move Kirk since he supposedly has such a great rep. Hopefully, they can rid themselves of Zaza's contract along with Kirk since he will be the expiring next year. Those are just my thoughts, but I would not be surprised if they keep Kirk and let him expire also. I am about ready for a real coach, a true contending team or for them to move this mess to Vegas.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

instead of bashing them lets pray for them. Remember guys....rocks hurt!

• Like 1

• Moderators

They have a problem showing up for big games. Joe is really playing like crap and he's the one who should be leading this team. I like LD but he made a mistake with the three headed captain thing. Lenny put Smitty firmly in charge, Woody (who I did not like) at least put Joe firmly in charge. I saw LD's reasoning at the time because Joe doesn't like to lead but this has just giving him less responsibility when he should have more than everyone else.

They can't continue with Joe/Jamal/Marv/Josh/Al. This group has shown they can't beat the better teams. Against 70% of the nba this group gives us 3 or 4 of the best players on the floor. Against the top teams of the nba this group give us zero. The best teams usually have 2 starters better than our best guys.

They can't continue with Joe/Jamal/Marv/Josh/Al. This group has shown they can't beat the better teams. Against 70% of the nba this group gives us 3 or 4 of the best players on the floor. Against the top teams of the nba this group give us zero. The best teams usually have 2 starters better than our best guys.

I agree man. BKs rebuilding plan is done and its over. Call it a limited success in that we got into the playoffs, but the missed picks could not be overcome. In a ideal world we will try and hold on to Horford and JJ, and build around those two. Do not know what kind of value we can get seeing as the ASG thinks jsmoove is equal to a all star PG, and they may be right, but I think they will try and move him. Marvin and Jamal have the least value now. Hinrichs expiring could get us something next season, but he might be part of a plan to keep a vet with playoff experience.

This is considered a weak draft class, and that could help us if a team wants to move down or even out of the draft. There is no eastern conference buzz for this team anymore. The Knicks, Heat, and Bulls have taken what little national buzz we did have away. If we do not change something we will be struggling to make the playoffs next season. I expect Indy and Philly to continue to get better just as our young players did their first five seasons together.

We need to see this team under sound coaching.

I really think Mike Woodson may have gotten the most were ever going to see out of this group.

instead of bashing them lets pray for them. Remember guys....rocks hurt!

Pray to who the basketball gods or the cat who went ballistic on some poor Japanese folks yesterday?