• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What happened to THIS Joe Johnson?

AnthonyI11

The emergence of Josh Smith and Al Horford, duhhhh. But I truly do think that it's because of the calf injury he had in the season when he was averaging 25 ppg. It doesn't hurt to be a little less bulky as well. Oh how I miss old Joe....where the hell's a crying emoticon when you need one.

Edited by Supporter

• Premium Member

The JJ from January of this year wasn't half bad.

Once teams caught onto ISO-Joe, the number of "not bad" looks he got went way down. This year they went back up again for a bit, but they've plummeted over the past month as the offense has stalled.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

The JJ from January of this year wasn't half bad.

Once teams caught onto ISO-Joe, the number of "not bad" looks he got went way down. This year they went back up again for a bit, but they've plummeted over the past month as the offense has stalled.

In reality, teams just take us serious now. Back then, Joe's stats were like Kevin Love's. They were good but no one took us seriously.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well you see, Joe now has 126 million so there is no motivation. Joe doesn't care. He got his. You really think he wants to be a leader and win a championship with this team?

Now I'm not sure that's fair Boss. He signed a huge contract when he got here and played good early on. He also played pretty well against the Celts in our first Playoff run. I don't think it's that he doesn't care, because he always wanted to be the main guy and played like it when he first got here. Now he just plays well in spurts.

Edited by hawkman

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/johnson-on-unhappy-fans-522943.html

Sound like a leader?

Would Kobe, Lebron, D-Wade, Howard, even KEVIN LOVE, say anything remotely close to this? I don't think they would. To top it off, we actually re-signed this guy after these comments. This kind of s*** wouldn't fly anywhere else except for our terrible market.

Joe now knows his security here. 126 million dollars worth of security.

Edited by Boss

• Premium Member

th_JoeJohnson.jpg?t=1299968600

I joke.

The truth is that all of our problems are coming forward like a worldwind. It's not Joe's fault. Joe is easiest to blame because he makes the most. Honestly, Joe didn't ask for the max and he would have been a fool to not take it. Moreover, had Joe left, we would be looking forward to the Lottery. Maybe more devastated than Cleveland without Bronny.

But here's the real deal. Our bigs are finesse players. They are not the tough guys we believe they are. Smoove has the lowest BBIQ on the team. Horf can be better but he doesn't want to be. So we have become what we have been this whole time... a team that relies on our jump shooting to win. LD is probably the biggest of the problems. His coaching is lax. He allows us to get into the mold of shooting shooting shooting and he almost encourages it. He's a guy hoping that we can outshoot our opponents.

I watched the chi-town game and we lack plays on offense and we lack understanding on defense. On offense, we did a lot of Iso. In the second, Iso Josh. The reason is because we don't have a point guard to take us into and out of sets. Even the easy pick and roll is just missing. I believe that Bibby was our coach on the floor. His idea of offense was not so great but LD hasn't shown that he has one at all. He claims a motion, but this motion sucks. Nobody moves and our motion is one open man calling for the ball. Chicago is a good defensive team and they figured us out. It was pretty damn pathetic to say the least.

So our three headed monster is Josh, Horf, and LD. We have nobody willing togo inside. Not even Crawford. Our shake ups need to start at Coach (if we don't have ownership and FO changes) and make it's way to players. Anytime the thought of trading Josh or Horf comes around people get very defensive and one tracked. The truth is that until these guys buy into a real system, they are the worst frontcourt combination (with Marvin) in basketball.

Edited by Diesel

The emergence of Josh Smith and Al Horford, duhhhh. But I truly do think that it's because of the calf injury he had in the season when he was averaging 25 ppg. It doesn't hurt to be a little less bulky as well. Oh how I miss old Joe....where the hell's a crying emoticon when you need one.

But Joe was more efficient (47% FG 38% 3 point FG) and more aggressive attacking (5.5 Free Throws a game). Why should less focus and taking less shots make you less effiiceint and less aggressive. Doesn't make any sense.

• Premium Member

I don't know what's going on with Joe. He had the elbow thing the first part of the season,fine, he played badly and had surgery. Came back at least two weeks early and in Jan and most of Feb he was a MVP level performer. As soon as he got picked for the All Star game its like he just gave up somehow. I don't know how else to explain it. Is his elbow hurting him again? Is he nursing some other injury we won't know about until he has surgery for it next year? Who knows.