• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs. Magic

CODHAWKSFAN

Why, WHY when we have used big after big to slow Dwight down and have outrebounded the Magic do we finish with our smallest lineup of the night with Horf at C and both Jamal and Hinrich on the court together??? We dont need more shooters to protect the lead, stick to what we were doing best, put Collins back in, last I checked you are allowed to get 6 fouls, Dwight is going off down the stretch and we look confused

• Like 1

JJ with 20 dribbles and an off balance shot. Typical late game execution from the Hawks.

Oversimplification, there was less then 35 seconds on the clock. JJ was dribbling out the clock and drove the lane with a floater which admittedly is not the best shot but he can make that one.

• Like 2

Oversimplification, there was less then 35 seconds on the clock. JJ was dribbling out the clock and drove the lane with a floater which admittedly is not the best shot but he can make that one.

How many passes were there in that possession? The lack of ball movement has been their big problem late in games for years. They scored scored only 16 points in the 4th quarter. They choked but fortunately the Magic sucked too.

How many passes were there in that possession? The lack of ball movement has been their big problem late in games for years. They scored scored only 16 points in the 4th quarter. They choked but fortunately the Magic sucked too.

Did you see the passing tonight? I counted 4 or 5 passes tonight that were beyond horrible. I would rather have the ball in the hands of someone that can handle the ball well and who is at least semi competent under late game situations.

It's a four quarter game, so they had a bad quarter. Didn't matter in the end this time, and we just beat the team we're going to face in the playoffs. Gotta do wonders for our confidence heading down the stretch.. Nice work Hawks!

Reading this thread was kinda disheartening, seeing as how we led a good part of the game. You were all expecting a collapse and then said we only won because the Magic sucked... Alright, we played good D for a lot of spurts, Smoove played pretty well, and knocked down his shots (though i'd rather him never stand behind the 3-point line), Collins and Zaza both stepped up, JJ hit a nice shot to give us the lead for good, and Marvin was efficient. We beat the magic, and you all aren't excited at all? I know that we had a shitty stretch getting embarrassed by everyone, but you guys should be happy that we got the W, I know I am!

• Like 3

When they're hot, they're hot/ when they'n not. they're not.

Hawks just proved that they ARE capable of winning a game. They shot well - at least part

of the time. Just a brief, very brief appearance for some Hawks but that's good. They need

to get a few game of actually playing before the playoffs

Pretty well contained the big boy but their PG made things very interesting, WOW! He can

really score. Gotta figure more ways to slow him down.

Josh said after the game, this win isn't that important It was good to win but, the playoffs

are different than the regular season.

Apparently, this loss will not affect the Orlando crew. They're ahead of us in the standings

and, if nothing changes really fast, they will be our first round opponent and have home

court advanage.

The second season is just around the corner!!

:clapping:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

Great win....but somewhat frustrating. Luckily ORL is about as dumb as us.

When Dwight went to the bench with 2 early fouls Nique said we could go inside at will at that point and build on our little lead...of course we did the exact opposite - jacked perimeter shots - and THEY took the lead.

Later in the game with Craw at point it was crossed fingers and hopey hopes that he would balance his turnovers with made threes. By playing even reasonably smart we should have gotten a 10 point win...as it was we were lucky to squeak it out.

But hey....a win is a win in this league so GO HAWKS!! :clap:

P.S. - it was nice seeing JJ take it inside, dumb ole Smoove showing up again, and Marvin making an impact off the bench.

P.S.S. - also honors to Zaza for working and a special award to JASON COLLINS.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Reading this thread was kinda disheartening, seeing as how we led a good part of the game. You were all expecting a collapse and then said we only won because the Magic sucked... Alright, we played good D for a lot of spurts, Smoove played pretty well, and knocked down his shots (though i'd rather him never stand behind the 3-point line), Collins and Zaza both stepped up, JJ hit a nice shot to give us the lead for good, and Marvin was efficient. We beat the magic, and you all aren't excited at all? I know that we had a shitty stretch getting embarrassed by everyone, but you guys should be happy that we got the W, I know I am!

I don't like to be pessimistic, but this is what I saw in this game. The Magic aren't an elite team right now, so the win doesn't signal some huge turnaround. They may be better than the Hawks, but not by much. It was kind of a letdown to see the Hawks let the Magic back into the game in the 4th. You would have hoped they could have closed it out more convincingly. It also exposed (to me at least) how gaping the hole is at center. When you are choosing between Zaza and Jason Collins to go up against D-Howard, it is hard to be confident in your lineup (although Collins was serviceable today). There were a couple of positive signs though. Josh played up to his abilities for a third straight game. Marvin had another good offensive game. The defense was good overall. But overall, it is hard to get excited about this one game. If this continues for the final stretch, I think Hawks fans will be more excited.

good game for my hawks,i predicted a win, Boston comes to town friday night we better be prepared like we was tonight or its go turn ugly fast. LD makes sum of the dumbiest decisions in my life when it comes to puttin subs in game,the team would be better in playoffs if he stopped playin these 7-8 man lineups.go hawks !!(plus my prediction still stands at 1-0 )as i predicted in a earlier post that we will win against the magics and that the hawks are no longer scared of the magics no more since they traded away hawk killers. go hawks lets try to make it (2-0)

Didn't see the whole game, but enjoyed the first quarter and the closing quarter, although Jamal at point just kills efficiency and movement. Was surprised at Joe bring a little more aggressive than usual early. Everything just seemed more decisive and quicker. And when will Marvin realize that we need him every night? After two good games, it's probably impossible for him to show up Friday.

Damn good win, even though the Magic helped us out by shooting more threes than free throws. Dumb. It seemed like Dwight was gonna pull them away by himself in the fourth, doing well from the line, but we hung on. 39 stat points and 1 TO for Josh in 40 minutes? I have nothing against Josh Haters, but these type of performances should tone it down a bit. Collins did his job well. Im pretty sure this is the first and last time Al will play 45 minutes with 1 foul coming at the 2:30 mark of the fourth. I'm going to need Hinrich to hit that open corner three out of a timeout when we need it. I was surprised at how good the look was judging that Drew drew up the play with only a 14 second clock.

Let's go.

Side note, Jordan is officially the best draft pick we let go in recent memory. Sure it was a loss, but 39 shooting 50 percent, 5 threes, 10 for 10 at the line? Has anybody been perfect at the line over ten times for us this year? Josh once?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It was a good game. I think Etan is dying to get some court time. I agree about Jamal. I don't know if its Drew's fault or not but i hate seeing him come on the court. At least he made some shots last night. First time down he was on Jameer and quickly got burned. From them on it looked like Joe guarded Jameer.

Smoove had a great game. Marvin made a couple of bone headed plays. I was really looking to see him build on his recent success but he looked normal again. Pulled from the game for a defensive sub at the end of one of the quarters. For all the talk of PGs and centers we are not deep at 2 and 3.

Jordan Crawford geez. I don't care how much of a playground game it is, scoring 39 in an nba game ain't easy. Double digits in his last 12 games i think.