• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rick Adelman FIRED!

Joker

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you think?

If LD beat the Magic. Then he is pretty much a lock to return. Honestly it would take another meltdown like last year series vs Magic for LD to be fired. ASG is going to be sticking by LD otherwise. More important than anything to ASG LD is the lowest payed coach in the league.

This makes me sad because it doesn't take a genius to be able to beat the Magic. I'd fire him anyway even if we win this series.

Ok, he was fired for a reason, why is he attractive?

Look at the talent that the Rockets have, and then look at our roster. Just imagine the possibilities.

• Premium Member

Adelman's agent already called the Hawks before and the ASG didn't want to pay him. I would hire him in a heartbeat if it was my call. He has shown time and time again to be one of the game's best coaches.

In a nanosecond. With or without a first round victory.

He won't be unemployed for long.

This makes me sad because it doesn't take a genius to be able to beat the Magic. I'd fire him anyway even if we win this series.

Really, I agree. We are probably going to be swept or lose in 5 v. Chicago. Fire LD but I voted to keep him for a year since it's honoring his contract but let's be real, he's not a good coach and Adelman would make it possible to go after Dwight and CP3 with creditability.

You really need to wait and see how the playoffs pan out before you can go replacing people. And I don't really know how I feel about Adelman meshing with this team. I kind of feel like he might have a Larry Brown effect (circa Charlotte).

Look at the talent that the Rockets have, and then look at our roster. Just imagine the possibilities.

I have to agree with you. Those home blowouts are hard for me to get over, regardless of how we do against Orlando. He basically turned the highlight factory into the opposing team factory. On the other hand, we had more injuries than we did last year, and we won more games on the road. Tough decision ahead for the dumb SG. With all that said, I'd have to say get us to the Eastern Conf Finals, or your're outta here. lol. Btw, Adelman got a lot out of what he had to work with in Houston. Bad fire, imo. Edited by terrell

You really need to wait and see how the playoffs pan out before you can go replacing people. And I don't really know how I feel about Adelman meshing with this team. I kind of feel like he might have a Larry Brown effect (circa Charlotte).

Naw, he doesn't have the pieces to get us to the next level. We need another all star or a superstar minus Smith(CP3) or Horford(D12)

How does a win in the 1st guarantee anything for Drew? If we don't go to the conference finals the season is a fail. Wade's 08-09 Heat team was better than this Magic team. Dwight and that is all they have now. They got rid of their team.

Edited by GameTime

4 out of 5 people from Around the Horn chose the Hawks to win the series. They believe we are a different team from last year, and play more controllable. They also said Drew is a great first year head coach.

Yeah but ESPN is easy to hop on a bandwagon. They'd be saying the exact opposite if we were on the other end. Do you really take their opinion that seriously?

Yeah but ESPN is easy to hop on a bandwagon. They'd be saying the exact opposite if we were on the other end. Do you really take their opinion that seriously?

Hell no, I can never agree with ESPN; however I do like Around the Horn & PTI. They're pretty straight up about thing, and I agree with most things that they discuss. Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

Adelman's prime motivation for coaching in Houston was the opportunity to take the mighty pairing of Yao and T-Mac and build a title contender around them. Four seasons later we know how that all turned out... I don't think those two ever played a single playoff game together under Adelman, is that right?

Despite those setbacks, he's managed to keep his Rocket teams above .500 every year, as he did with the Kings even in the post-Webber period, and even got them to the second round for the first time in a decade while shorthanded. Daryl Morey has made some decent personnel moves (Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, Kyle Lowry) to keep the team afloat, but it appears many of his free agency and trade decisions (Trevor Ariza? Mike James? Von Wafer? Jared Jeffries? Hasheem Thabeet? Gerald Green? Steve Francis Again?) clashed with where Adelman wanted to go with the roster. Basically, Adelman has been cooking the meals just fine with what he's been given, but he wants more say about the groceries coming in.

Which leads me to wonder about Adelman not only in regards to the coaching job but the GM one as well (Sund expires this summer too, right?). A$G might see some efficiencies in paying one veteran guy to run both jobs, especially after LD's el cheapo contract expires. Or maybe he'd just have an interest in just taking the GM job, then being prepared to head downstairs in case the LD Experiment doesn't pan out.

~lw3

• Like 2