• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just looking at the scene.

I say: Teague, Joe, Josh, and Zaza are the guys who are definite keepers.

I would look to see if I can get Howard or Jefferson for Horf. We need an inside presence.

Bynum will be available, but I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Same goes for Oden. Same goes for Yao.

I hope Horf can man up next game and stop playing like a woman.

Yes Horford or Josh for Bynum straight up, I will take the injury concerns. We are used to taking the good with the bad around here. Heck, since the Lakers don't like to hit rock bottom. How about trying to send them Joe?

We gotta get Marvin Williams out of here. His contract is turrible *Barkley voice*. :banghead:

No seriously we are paying Marvin Williams 8 MILLION dollars next year are you kidding me?!

Edited by Deeman

• Moderators

Just looking at the scene.

I say: Teague, Joe, Josh, and Zaza are the guys who are definite keepers.

I would look to see if I can get Howard or Jefferson for Horf. We need an inside presence.

Bynum will be available, but I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Same goes for Oden. Same goes for Yao.

I hope Horf can man up next game and stop playing like a woman.

Is Horford hurt though? He's been tough his whole career here except for the last 2 months. Something seems off.

Would you trade Joe if you could? I'm not saying for Paul or Howard because that ain't happening but for 2 or 3 lesser talents?

Sund really missed on including "he who's name shall not be mentioned" in the Heinrich trade. We know now Al is expendable and Josh is the man. Al and Marvin for Jefferson and a pick will do fine. Orlando is not trading Dwight to Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Is Horford hurt though? He's been tough his whole career here except for the last 2 months. Something seems off.

Would you trade Joe if you could? I'm not saying for Paul or Howard because that ain't happening but for 2 or 3 lesser talents?

I heard Howard complaining about the Orlando media. He said something to the equivalent that he knows why Shaq left. If Howard doesn't have his heart set on LAL or NYK, I would try to get him to come home.

At this point we all know we need a legit center. Someone who can bang down low and is not afraid to get physical. Al Horfords game has changed so much it's unbelievable. Way too finesse for my liking.

We should do everything in our power to try and bring D-Howard here, then we have a legit center who will get superstar treatment.

Let's win championship first and then work on next year's roster!

But seriously, I think Al is playing with some sort of injury... we all know he's capable of playing much better than this.

• Moderators

Sund really missed on including "he who's name shall not be mentioned" in the Heinrich trade. We know now Al is expendable and Josh is the man. Al and Marvin for Jefferson and a pick will do fine. Orlando is not trading Dwight to Atlanta.

Remember, it's really "the Hilton trade." Consider it as "H.W.N.S.N.B.M.", and either Mo Evans or a 1st round pick (the other going in the Bibby trade), for Hilton Armstrong. stirthepot.gif

~lw3

Al Horford has been our most consistent Hawk this whole year. We can't just throw previous production out the window it HAS to mean something. I'm willing to bet my left arm that Horford is still injured and keep in mind that he is playing out of position this whole year and playoffs.

If I had my choice, I'd go:

Teague(slasher)

Joe(shooter)

Smith(slasher :Praying: )

Horford (shooter)

Zaza(garbage man)

If I could upgrade Zaza I would.

Quick question though....after this series teams are going to really call about Teague. What would it take to let him go?

Al Horford has been our most consistent Hawk this whole year. We can't just throw previous production out the window it HAS to mean something. I'm willing to bet my left arm that Horford is still injured and keep in mind that he is playing out of position this whole year and playoffs.

THANK YOU!!!!

Agree 100%.

Most of this place forgets what happened more than a week ago.

• Like 1

While it stung a little bit at the time, "he who's name shall not be mentioned"'s loss won't hurt this team. I know he's talented but he just isn't the type of player this team needs. He brings the same skills that Jamal does, and the Hawks don't need another jump-shooting guard. The Hawks need to pick up some defensive-minded bench players. Ideas: Shane Battier, Reggie Evans, Jeff Foster, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to trade Teague to Orlando as part of a Dwight deal at all - Teague would burn us every game we meet. I saw some realgm magic fans saying that they wanted to play us in the playoffs again next year for revenge, and I imagine if that ended up happening, Teague would be our worst enemy.

its to early to start talking about next year BUT since you guys started it I guess I'll jump in

Teague obviously is a keeper and I think that gives us some major flexibility now....start he or Hinrich next year and we're still fine..let craw go, not needed anymore at all mainly bc he needs the ball to be effective most of the time and he sucks on D when his shot isn't falling which makes him a big liability out there. Go out and get a pure shooter...A PURE SHOOTER...to play with the second unit to give either Teague or Hinrich (whicheva one doesn't start) someone to kick the ball 2 and a tough defensive wing player that can also knock down the occasional jumper when given the opportunity but doesn't need the ball to be effective....Diesel's suggestion of a guy like Pietrus would be perfect for us off the bench along with a guy like Kapano. Of course bring back Twin and try and find another fill in at the 4 spot....I'm still thinking we don't need to do anything with the core guys just yet, major progress this year and I want to see what we could do with just a few tweeks bc these guys really know they can compete now....I know they've said these things b4 but I think they actually believe that now

O BUT OF COURSE GET RID OF MARVS *ss!!!!! HE'S ONLY GOOD FOR COMEDIC RELIEF NOW AND I'M ACTUALLY TIRED OF LAUGHING AT HIS *ss NOW!!!!

While it stung a little bit at the time, "he who's name shall not be mentioned"'s loss won't hurt this team. I know he's talented but he just isn't the type of player this team needs. He brings the same skills that Jamal does, and the Hawks don't need another jump-shooting guard. The Hawks need to pick up some defensive-minded bench players. Ideas: Shane Battier, Reggie Evans, Jeff Foster, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

We will probably not have Jamal next season. If we do, his price is will be much higher than he who "brings the same skills that Jamal does". As Jamal plays for someone else it will certainly hurt. The hope is we use Heinrichs expiring to supplant the bench with a Reggie Evans type of players. Al and Heinrich may fletch Jefferson, Raja and AK47.