• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford makes 3rd team All-NBA

johnnyde

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213669/Rose_LeBron_Kobe_Durant_Howard_Named_To_All_NBA_First_Team

Now if that isn't inspiration/motivation for him tonight, I don't know what is.

Congrats Horf! Great year!

Now here comes the he doesn't deserve it because of recent play posts in 3,2,1.....

• Premium Member

Now here comes the he doesn't deserve it because of recent play posts in 3,2,1.....

...0. Nobody who knows anything about pro basketball will say that. Being voted to the All NBA team is the result of a body of work, not a few games. Al showed major improvement this year with the addition of the mid range jumper. Great job Al! :ok:

• Premium Member

I congratulate Al as well, and his work during the course of the year was, on the whole, All-NBA level.

But I don't think it's out of line to mention that he hasn't lived up to that in the playoffs.

Edited by niremetal

Al is a very good player who can be a superstar given the right personnel. I pray Atlanta gives Al and the fans a chance at contending for REAL success and trade for a packaged deal for CP3. Al has 1st team All NBA ability given the perfect fit.

Wow, Al really should not be getting this award because of his performance in the post season.....

The postseason is all about match-ups. Horford match-ups haven't favored him in the slightness given our personnel. It's not a shock that his numbers crashed the minute Bibby left. Horford deserved a better personnel around him. He really deserves a roster that actually built around him becoming what he can become.

Orlando has Dwight which always hurts most post players in the league if not all.

Chicago forces you to play without using your strengths as much and Atlanta not really doing a good job getting the ball to Al in favorable positions outside of Game 4 which was mainly Smith. Atlanta since the Hinrich trade has totally failed in the PnR. I can only recall five times v. Orlando and Chicago where we used the PnR and it's looked the way it needed to look. Teague is going full speed after the pick like Westbrook and Rose do and Hinrich can't attack or pass with any regularity. Josh and Al aren't fits and are not even close to it. Too many issues with this damn team. Fans only see production, I want to see what the cause and effect. As much as I disagree with NineRino, he might be the only reasonable mind in these playoffs. gsuteke is truthful too. We aren't getting screwed by the refs like assumed. To be honest, Chicago is just a better overall fit and team with a superstar.

If we make it to the next round, Horford should do much better. Miami post defense is average at best and they are usually awful v. the PnR which should help Teague more than anyone else and give maybe 2-4 more points on PnPs for Al. This forum is hilarious at times. I remember telling you people that Teague is very talented but he really isn't a fit for what we do. He fits best with Smith but even that fit isn't that great. It's not like it's Smith and Nash. Teague and Horford looks terrible. It looks like Teague doesn't understand what the PG's role is in it and Horford doesn't trust Teague which doesn't help. Hinrich and Horford PnR is slightly better but Hinrich is an awful passer out of the PnR and doesn't have the vision to really do anything with it. Joe and Jamal use the PnR to create their own shot 75% of the time.

Horford didn't fall since the trade, the players around him was even a worst fit than before the trade. Horford should have many more All NBA's to come.

Edited by nbasuperstar40