• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Teague's shooting improves like his driving

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

We watched young Teague go from not being able to make a layup to being an assassin at the rim in one season. Imagine how deadly this dude will be once he can hit jumpers with rhythm. Let's hope Tegue is done playing games. There is no excuse for him not beating Bibby out for the job at the start of the season. Some want to blame LD but I watched him play early on and he's much better now. Still screws up from time to time but the important thing is that he's improving.

Now it comes down to want. He can easily float around in a sea of nothingness like Marvin or he can step up and do something special.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

We watched young Teague go from not being able to make a layup to being an assassin at the rim in one season. Imagine how deadly this dude will be once he can hit jumpers with rhythm.

He needs to shoot 1000+ jumpers a day during the summer. The 3 pointer, pull up, and catch and shoot need to be in his arsenal by next season. We will absolutely need what this guy brings to the team, especially after the inevitable departure of some of this group.

• Premium Member

He is our future

He's the only reason I'm looking forward to next season.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

• Admin

I saw a lot of potential and he has shown he has the ability to get in the lane and score.

I want to see improvement with his decision making and playmaking / passing. Especially in the half court. That will be the key for him being a quality point guard in this league

• Premium Member

I saw a lot of potential and he has shown he has the ability to get in the lane and score.

I want to see improvement with his decision making and playmaking / passing. Especially in the half court. That will be the key for him being a quality point guard in this league

He looks much better as a playmaker. At the start of the year his floor vision was horrible. He was making dumb passes and never gave the ball to guys in spots where they could make a play. In the bulls series he was effective when in pnr with Horford and he found Josh and Zaza some easy looks at the rim.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

He has a ton of potential which has BEEN the case. I doubt he will be a very good playmaker or much of a shooter. He really mirrors Kevin "KJ" Johnson a lot. KJ when Charles Barkley came to Phoenix had some amazing seasons under the Sun.

I would like to see Teague get stronger physically so he can finish better around the rim when he attacks. He does a great job right now of getting into the lane and drawing a foul, but he isn't physically strong enough at this point in time to get into the lane, draw the foul, and finish the play. Once he starts finishing better at the rim, his game will take off. I saw some improvement in his mid range game throughout the year, and while I would like to see him adding a jumper to his arsenal, I don't want to see him abandon what he does best.

His midrange game already looked pretty good in the Bulls series, to me.

Regarding him driving into the lane, I don't think his problem is not being physically strong enough to finish the play. I think it's more-so just getting used to taking the contact/learning how to draw it and still finish. I think that will come with time; look at how Derrick Rose has improved that aspect of his game... 250 FT attempts his first year, 338 his second, and 555 this year.

Wow lets not overreact to the kid having a good series

Take it easy. I said I can see good arguments on both sides -- in no way did I overreact.

On one hand: Teague played a great series against the Bulls. Our offense seemed to be at its best when Teague was involved. For the most part, he played solid defense against the league's MVP. Further, our captain-trio-experiment did us no good. And what better vote of confidence could we give to the young point guard?

On the other: Though he played a great series, Teague did not do much else the rest of the year. We don't even know for sure that he will start next year.

• Premium Member

To speak to the original subject...

It's very difficult to improve shooting. Mechanics are really the fulcrum of changing shoots and changing mechanics is very difficult too. I think Teague has good mechanics. I just don't know about his consistency. Working with Price would help with the mechanics and consistency but it's unknown how much of a change that could make. Here's the deal though...

Teague should improve his strength. Put on some muscle and learn to shoot with that. As a PG in this league, he will get beat up with his style of play. Also, he needs the size to compete with bigger PGs like Rose. Having an explosive first step is great. Now, he has to develop his finish and his PGing skills. The shooting will come if he cleans up the mechanics.

:rolleyes:

In one game this season, in the 4th quarter, garbage time, JT went 4-4 from 3 point land.

Until forced to do so because he had no other choice, we know our coach would not use

Jeff Teague unless the game had already been decided.

Can he hit from down town? His 4-4 shooting puts up a pretty good argument. Sure, it was

against the other team's bench players but remember, he was buried on our bench and it

doesn't matter who was on the floor, the basket is still the same distance away and the same

size. So, he has the ability, if he works on it, to be a pretty good outside threat.

He ain't great. No, but, against the Bulls in round #2 he was. He gave a good account of himself

in every game. Playing against one of the NBA's top defensive teams and defending the NBA's

MVP for the year, he looked like the Hawks star. Their coach of the year couldn't figure out a way

to deal with JT.

Next season, Captain Kirk comes back from injury and claims his starting PG role and a resigned

Crawford becomes his back up. That nails JT to the bench again. After all, that was only a 6 game

series against the Bulls And JT hardly plays at all in the regular season - - Yeah! Right!

Seriously, the Hawks have a real pozer. For years we have wanted / needed a big center and

a quality starting PG. Captain Kirk is our best PG for many seasons. One problem solved.

Then, JT comes on and briefly seems to be even better. Great! Now, there's two of them.

We still search for that elusive great center. Ain't too many around. Hawks now have some

valueable pieces. No one is untouchable. We don't have that one player who all the fans

come out to watch. Who fills our Phillips arena? Star players from other teams, that's who.

I'm proud of this Hawks team. They are hot and cold, good and bad. The good guys made

it into the second round, again, and looked good in round one.

This team looked good in winning 2 second round games for the first time in many years.

They looked terrible getting blown away in their losses in the second round. Hot and cold.

Should be an interesting off season.

:training: