• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Report: Lakers To Acquire Chris Paul

Wurider05

If they do people will be a fool to support this type of fixing..

They do not even have the pieces to offer for Howard , but like you , I feel they will some how end up with him

Well, if LA has to trade away Gasol and Odom to get Paul, does that mean it's gonna be the Kobe & Paul show? Who's gonna rebound? Bynum can't be counted on to put in a full season. I don't see who they could trade along with Bynum to get Howard, but I may be forgetting about someone on their roster. Maybe they will amnesty World Peace?

Well, if LA has to trade away Gasol and Odom to get Paul, does that mean it's gonna be the Kobe & Paul show? Who's gonna rebound? Bynum can't be counted on to put in a full season. I don't see who they could trade along with Bynum to get Howard, but I may be forgetting about someone on their roster. Maybe they will amnesty World Peace?

Like I said in another thread If I were the lakers gm I would give the Magic Kobe and Bynum and build my team around CP3 and Howard.

I can see how Gasol and Odom would get one of the two; but what the hell the Lakers have left that would get either one who is left ( Paul or Gasol ) ?

I could see Bynum, picks, and filler but nothing else, and that is not a lot considering Bynums' injury history. Then its Paul, Kobe, and Howard. That could be tough but at the same time I think the Lakeshow would show its weakness at SF and PF when facing elite teams.

From a superstar point of view Kobe, Paul, Howard is dynasty like, but from a team balance point of view it has its weak points. Add in the facts that Kobe is no longer young while dominating with his shooting percentage and I don't see this as a can't lose dynasty.

Every fan outside of Boston panicked and saw the Celtics that way when they first got Ray Ray and KG, but at the end of the day the Celtics only won one ring with their three future HOFs. Not exactly a dynasty in my opinion.

Actually, someone made the point just now... this trade was killed in the same way that a lot of trades are killed... by the owners... this time, New Orleans' owners. doh.gif

Heard it was killed by every owner not associated with Hou/LA at the board of governors meeting. That's democracy for ya.

This league is still royally fubar. I wonder if they saw the Dwight Howard trade coming for LA and realized how destructive it would have been to the league's image? I think the owners might have done a good thing but it's still very strange and bizarre and shows a huge rift still between owners and players.

Okay, I'm having a really hard time figuring out why the league cancelled the Paul trade. Let me show you what I mean

Lakers Get C. Paul ------ Lose Gasol and Odom

Rockets Get Gasol ------- Lose Martin, Scola, Dragic and a future 1st

Hornets Get Odom, Martin, Scola, Dragic, future 1st ---- Lose Paul

I don't understand what the problem is. In my opinion, losing both Odom and Gasol is greater than gaining Paul.

Getting Gasol is much less than losing Kevin Martin, Scola, Dragic and a future 1st.

Getting Odom, Martin, Scola, Dragic and a future 1st is much better than just Paul. Odom, Martin, Scola are all players we as Hawks have coveted. Paul is great but he is just a point guard and with his, Bynum and Kobe's salary it very much handcuffs them from adding solid pieces...they are one injury away from mediocrity. Gasol and Odom really balanced that team.

I don't get the problem....This seems like a pre-ordained thing from the owners to contest. In my opinion, N.O. made out like bandits in that deal.

Yeah, I don't know why the NBA killed the deal. This was a great deal for the Hornets. The rockets were getting royally screwed in this (what did they think they were going to do with a declining and expensive powerforward signed longterm when the rest of the line up was going to be johnny flynn, terrence williams, courtney lee and jordan hill? while giving away a 1st round pick?). The lakers would have been a Bynum injury away from starting Derrick Caracter, Ron Artest and Devin Ebanks in the front court. Meanwhile the hornets were getting a top notch scorer in KMartin, a near double double machine in Scola, a very decent starter in Dragic, and a solid player in Odom.