• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Bucks

lethalweapon3

In the first half, JJ can't hit. In the second half, JJ can't miss.

Cold as ice, then so hot - - -OUCH!!

JT wants to be a PG, not just a scorer. It seems, he doesn't want to simply

take over the game. He's working hard at both jobs. Sometimes, I believe

one gets in the way of the other.

JT is still a work in progress. Look for Captain Kirk to be there next game

to relieve JT. Has he not been both a coach and mentor for JT while he

has been out with injury? Maybe not, but I'd like to think that he has.

THE FIRST PLACE ATLANTA HAWKS

Who would believe this if we told them? Yet, it's right there before our eyes

any time we want to pull up the standings. Wow!

hi.gif

Joe was channeling his Game 4 against the Celtics. Fun to watch. Not fun to watch is Teague after the first quarter. He must have some conditioning issues, because he seems to do that a lot. Start strong and then he just goes flat. So flat he decides to pass up an open 3 for a Josh 3... worked out that time at least.

Or maybe because LD sat him while he was smoking hot. LD has a way of putting hot players in the fridge to cool them down.

This was the statement game that some have been asking for since Horf went down. Taking down a good team in their own house, a good team that just beat the Knicks and Heat in their houses. Very satisfying win.

• Moderators

I was thinking. For those of us who miss a game maybe one of our talented posters could do a bullet point synopsis after each game. I missed last night and read the ajc and espn but i feel like I can only get the real story from a squawker.

Something like :

• First quarter team looks tired - bogut hasn't bathed today
  • Teague looking good

I was thinking. For those of us who miss a game maybe one of our talented posters could do a bullet point synopsis after each game. I missed last night and read the ajc and espn but i feel like I can only get the real story from a squawker.

Something like :

• First quarter team looks tired - bogut hasn't bathed today
  • Teague looking good

Just a thought but you could go in the chat room and click the "History" link and then you can go back and view the comments from the entire game and you're sure to get all of the bullet points and then some.

• Like 1

Josh is slowly starting to convince me that he can play Small Forward... Not 100% convinced just yet though

Great game by JJ

Teague needs to keep being aggressive the whole game. Maybe when Kirk starts playing it will give him some time to rest and keep his energy up.

I am baffled at how Joe never gets mentioned as one of the tougher players in the NBA. Some even call him soft. On the other hand, Kobe and Wade almost always are mentioned as the toughest. Why?

My answer is that people are not at all referring to toughness. At some level, it is how much of a b*tch a player is helps increase the likelihood that the media finds you to be "tough". When Kobe and Wade have injuries, they make sure everyone knows about it. Sometimes they take time off, but usually they keep playing. However, when Joe gets injured he hides it and keeps playing through it. Hell Joe may have even had more severe injuries, but he wasn't a b*tch about it and going to the media telling everyone about his torn ligaments or what have you. I find Kobe and Wade to not be tough, but rather b*tches for continually letting people hear about "injuries" then trying to act tough through them. Maybe next time I am about to do an activity I will go out of my way and tell people that I have been diagnosed with "tenosynovitis", will that make me look tough?

Anybody calling Joe soft is not a true bball fan or a johnny come lately to bball...how can anyone forget Joe breaking his face in Phoenix and still playing, playing thru elbow pain (then having surgery and coming back early last year) or his thumb injury to start this season. Kobe is tough (the media is who talks about his injury not him), having ligament damage in wrist and finger and changing how you hold the ball to shoot effectively is something not a whole lot of players can and will do. I don't find Wade to be tough I actually think he is a cry baby always lying on the court and clutching something (I still remember the wheelchair for his dislocated shoulder. Deng has ligament damage in wrist and he is out indefinitely.

You mean before he had his elbow surgery in season and then when he got hurt again late in the season? Amazing how that happens. In between that he had two great months when he was healthy. Just like now. He's flat out balling and I'm not surprised to see some people like this one just hating it.

His shooting has become more and more erratic over the last few years. He's deserved alot of the negative talk that has went his direction over the last few years.

• Premium Member

His shooting has become more and more erratic over the last few years. He's deserved alot of the negative talk that has went his direction over the last few years.

As I said and you refused to discuss because it blows your argument to pieces, when he was hurt last season at the beginning and end of the season he played poorly (for Joe). When he was healthy he had a great two months. This season he started slow with a wrist injury and with it healed he's been back to normal which for Joe is All NBA level.

Breaking information from MC just after Joe, Josh, and Teague played all 24 minutes of the second half:

LD says one thing and does the opposite. This kind of stuff annoys the crap out of me. That and his continual use of "physicality".

Man...y'all are worrying and getting annoyed over silly things...LD is non-comittal because if he decides to change his mind he will and it gives the other team something else to prepare for.

If that is the case, then don't go and say that you will spread minutes around or make the "big" lineup the "regular" lineup. Simply say "I haven't decided". Saying "I haven't decided" is non-committal and I don't have any problem with that. He isn't saying that though, he is saying one thing and doing the other.

Who cares what he says though? In the end it's what he does that matters.

• Like 1

If that is the case, then don't go and say that you will spread minutes around or make the "big" lineup the "regular" lineup. Simply say "I haven't decided". Saying "I haven't decided" is non-committal and I don't have any problem with that. He isn't saying that though, he is saying one thing and doing the other.

Haven't you ever said something and changed your mind. Basketball is fluid with a lot of moving parts - LD keeps it fluid. It's not like him changing his mind on something causes it to blow up in his face.