• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Per MC, Hawks sign Dampier to 10 day contract

Jody23

Well, at least Damp is a name, but I'm not sure he has anything he can really contribute. He looked awful the last few times I saw him play.

I think they need to take a flyer on a younger, slightly more athletic guy. While it is great to have experience, if your body doesn't let you apply that experience, then it doesn't really provide the benefit it could.

10 days for C Erick Dampier is good for this yr. We can get 5 games to see what he can do. Past 10 days will get you maybe 3. spiteful.gif

Agreed, 10 days is worth it. It will give us a good idea if he is in shape and if he can still ball. Furthermore when JCo comes back we may not have to use Damp as much if we decide to extend him.

Is this what we do in leiu of trading for Kaman?

I'd MUCH rather have Marvin, Hinrich and Dampier than Kaman, as I'm sure most Hawks fans would as well. If Kaman were worth anything the Hornets would be playing him but they know he'd show that he's not that good or that hed likely get hurt so I'd pass on him and stick with what we have plus Damp.

2004 BK is smiling somewhere.

Haha

• Premium Member

I'd MUCH rather have Marvin, Hinrich and Dampier than Kaman, as I'm sure most Hawks fans would as well. If Kaman were worth anything the Hornets would be playing him but they know he'd show that he's not that good or that hed likely get hurt so I'd pass on him and stick with what we have plus Damp.

http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2012/02/chris_kaman_leads_new_orleans.html

In my best Bob Rumson voice...

"You have to excuse my friend, he's not been watching the news. "

I'd figure N.O. would start show casing him. 17, 9 &2 with 3 blocks... is pretty darn good.

Agreed, 10 days is worth it. It will give us a good idea if he is in shape and if he can still ball. Furthermore when JCo comes back we may not have to use Damp as much if we decide to extend him.

Drew said he's pushing 300ibs and not in shape. Still better than nothing though,,,

Drew said he's pushing 300ibs and not in shape. Still better than nothing though,,,

I guess 300lbs should be able to keep D12 away from his sweet spots in the post but that's about it. I'm not expecting much at all.

Seriously, does anybody know what kinda shape he is in. Any pics? Has he been working out any?

What if this actually works and he is effective for what we need, a big who can play defense and rebound. I can dream can't I? angel19.gif

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I guess 300lbs should be able to keep D12 away from his sweet spots in the post but that's about it. I'm not expecting much at all.

Obviously he can't even keep his own self away from sweets, how's he gonna keep Dwight away??

http://www.mlive.com...ew_orleans.html

In my best Bob Rumson voice...

"You have to excuse my friend, he's not been watching the news. "

I'd figure N.O. would start show casing him. 17, 9 &2 with 3 blocks... is pretty darn good.

22, 9 & 5 with 1 steal and 9/16 shooting including 4/9 from downtown. That's what Marvin and Hinrich combined for.

Seriously, does anybody know what kinda shape he is in. Any pics? Has he been working out any?

What if this actually works and he is effective for what we need, a big who can play defense and rebound. I can dream can't I? angel19.gif

Just read that also... crazy!