• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Merged: D'Antoni is out in NY - Woody to be the new coach!

Admin

That's funny Nine, may have not showed in the regular season but we sure did look better in the playoffs.

Once teams can prepare for teams in the playoffs you really saw Woody's flaws. Iso offense and switching defense. Please go back and look at those second round embarrassments in the playoffs under Woody.

Also, take a close look at the first round of the playoffs with Woody where we had to go to 7 games to win the series due to the fact Woody was outcoached in the playoffs. Even though he had the more talented in the first round.

Thats okay keep telling yourself he is a good coach. I hear ya.

• Moderators

I was not a fan of Woody but i do expect the Knicks to improve under him. He's the perfect interim coach for them because they have offensive talent that can score the ball. One of the things i'll give Woody credit for is he changed Zaza from being a euro-flopper to being a physical player. Z didn't play like that when he got here.

Hey guys you never know woodson might actually be good for the knicks cause of his ISO heavy offense. Amare and melo love to ISO.

Amare, Tyson, and Lin are movement players. Neither of them outside of Tyson can defend. Tyson was looking like a waste till Melo got hurt and Lin arrived. Amare fell off like Brand did a couple yrs ago.

• Premium Member

Can't wait for the NY team to be worse now. Woody is not that good of a coach. Our team got better because its called natural progression. Not because he is some sort of genius. This guy was the worst offense coach in the NBA and on defense everyone knew how to score on us because all we did is switch everything defensively. So you put the quick pg on our center. Woody good coach my A@@. I wouldn't wish him to coach a team that I hate thats just not fair to them.

I'll take him over the idiot we have in place now. LD is not even HC material.

Well, looks like Woody may be doing something right? Look at the touches for the players. Amare and Melo gettin them all and killin it.

Well, looks like Woody may be doing something right? Look at the touches for the players. Amare and Melo gettin them all and killin it.

Woody knows how to get his stars the ball. His only problem is with creativity. Even the Lakes will stray from ISO Bryant during the playoffs and feed a lesser player who is open.

Woody had only one ISO play, dribble dribble and shoot JJ or kick it out to Smoove. That is just to easy to defend in the playoffs. But on the flipside...maybe DAntonio was not such a genius, I bet Steve Nash could make just about anyone look like a great coach.

Edited by Buzzard

I'd say a 42 point win over a well-respected head coach was a triumphant debut. Damn. I remember we smacked Sloan and Utah similarly a few years ago under Woody. Say what you will about the mans X's and O's, he can get guys to respect and respond.

Edited by benhillboy

Only time will tell how good or bad of a coach Woody is. In Atlanta, we were a rebuilding team with draft picks and young players and he was instrumental in getting us to the playoffs after 13 and 26 win seasons. In NY, Woody as a ready made squad with established stars and veterans who are expecting to make a serious run come playoff time.

The situations and circumstances are completely different.

I'd say a 42 point win over a well-respected head coach was a triumphant debut. Damn. I remember we smacked Sloan and Utah similarly a few years ago under Woody. Say what you will about the mans X's and O's, he can get guys to respect and respond.

I cannot remember if that was the game Marvin went ballistic or if it was against Denver...but I do recall Woody and that ISO offense when it jelled with our running and 3pt shooting was devastating.

But that was and to some point is still our achilles heel, 3pt shots do not fall we have a hard time adjusting and scoring closer to the basket. Live and die by the jumper, the percentages alone indicate you will die a lot....

All I know is that this is great theater. Pass the popcorn!

As others have said the Knicks are better tailored to Woody's style as they have a couple of bona fides on their team that love to iso and go one-on-one (or two, or three, etc).

Defensively, the switch everything scheme is always good fun.

It will be interesting to watch when the heat inevitably comes from the press because he did not react well at all to the relatively docile media when things went sideways in ATL.

Edited by jhay610

Be interesting to see how this plays out. There are already rumors that the Knicks really want Phil Jackson or another big name. If Woody manages to make the rest of the season respectable, and they do replace him anyway, at a minimum, it may get him a new head coaching job somewhere else.