• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Atlanta miss it's perfect storm?

Diesel

No because we are a poorly built team.

• Premium Member

I don't think so. I think it's assuming too much to say Atlanta was a lock to make it to the ECF. Afterall, everyone thought the Celtics would be dealt with and you see how that turned out. This team at present is simply not as good as some think they are and it's been proven in the playoffs the last four years.

Edited by Jody23

What does it tell people if it was supposedly the easiest year to make a Finals yet the team was knocked out in the 1st round......Really, where's the sense in this? "Oh, if the Hawks were entirely healthy but all of these other teams continued to have all of these freak injuries..." I mean, seriously? I'm not getting this at all.

• Premium Member

I also think if the Celtics hadn't ended the Hawks season the 76ers may have. Although Al may have made a difference against them, who knows. I know we looked bad against the 76ers without Al. Didn't they win all 3 games?

Rose ... Out.Bosh .... Out.It's possible that we could see Philly-Indy for the ECF.Did we miss our boat?

Yeah, I think very possibly we did, and that's what makes this latest failure so painful. With Dwight out, Rose out, Bosh out, a gimpy and old Celtics team, and our own team finally getting healthy, the Eastern Conference might never have been so vulnerable for the taking as it is right now, I mean it is WIDE open for any team that wishes to take it, but here are the Atlanta Hawks sitting at home once again, and that's just fricken horribly and terribly disappointing.I think back on all those good to great Hawks teams simply unable to break through the ceiling over the years, because their downfall was always to epic and legendary teams like Bird's Celtics or Jordan's Bulls, and frustrating and wrenching as all those disappointments were, there was never any shame in losing to iconic teams like that. But to kick away such a golden opportunity as we had this year, I mean what can you say? There really are no words to express such a feeling of disappointment as that.A postseason like this makes me honestly wonder if I'll ever see a Hawks championship in my lifetime, or an NBA Finals appearance for that matter, or for god's sake and throw me a damn bone already, even a conference finals. Is that too much to ask, or will I go to the grave having never seen the Atlanta Hawks do diddly-crap? I don't ask that lightly either, because I really do wonder, as the frustration has a corrosive effect, and really begins to weigh on a person after awhile.The way this postseason is unfolding, we had a hell of a shot in my opinion, and somehow we just managed to kick that away. That's exceptionally painfully to a damnably frustrated fan, and like Whittier once said, "For all the sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "What might have been".
  • Like 1

Absolutely not. Most people think the Celtics "old and gimpy". I say grizzled and hungry for one more meal. Hello, their PG is averaging 13 assists a game, their PF/ C is posting high 20s and mid-teens, and Pierce is dunking all over folks not to mention having a coach in another class. They ran through us as they should've, with Al and Zaza healthy or not.

Edited by benhillboy

No such thing as perfect with the way we play in crunch time. Everyone comes up with excuses like we are banged up etc...but so is everyone else. Looking back on all our playoff performances, what was our excuse for letting the Bucks take us to seven games?This season is as easy as it gets with all the bigtime injuries and look what we did. One and done. Time to make a move because we sure as hell are not making them in the playoffs.