• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ain't that about a __________

Diesel

• Premium Member
Orlando in trade Mode.Howard's List.

Also meriting a mention are the Atlanta Hawks, who have an All-Star caliber center in Al Horford and an athletic freak who has wanted out for the past two years, Josh Smith. They could be a player if the Magic insist on packaging Howard and Turkoglu.

My questions:After seeing the primadonna Nature of Dwight Howard, do you feel comfortable with him as the anchor?Is anybody concerned that he just had Back surgery to repair a bulging disc?Do you trade Horf/Josh for a resigned Dwight and Turk??

Orlando in trade Mode.Howard's List.My questions:After seeing the primadonna Nature of Dwight Howard, do you feel comfortable with him as the anchor?Is anybody concerned that he just had Back surgery to repair a bulging disc?Do you trade Horf/Josh for a resigned Dwight and Turk??

I would have to pull the trigger so long as his physical is good. Dwight will be the most dominant big man for at least the next five years.

Even though I've soured on Howard because of the drama down in Orlando, I think you almost have to move Josh and Al if it gets you the best center in the game. And even though Turk's game has been less than stellar for a couple of years, this guy still has it in him somewhere to be one of the best small forwards in the league.Just another wild idea though. What if we were able to convince Orlando to take Al, Marvin and future 1st's for Howard. We could then use Josh for Gasol since the Lakers are in trade mode too. Think about having Dwight and Gasol on the block with Joe on the wing. That's pretty deadly.

I think I would rather go far one of the centers in free agency like Asik, Hibbert, or McGee. Get another team involved to work the numbers and dump Marvins contract. Seems to me we're in the early stages of improving this team with the current info on Jeremy Hazell a couple days ago. For some reason, I think Jamal will return for less cash. Worst comes to worst, I would try hard to get Lou Williams here in Atlanta. My hopes is that Dion Waiters or Jeffrey Taylor will be available at our pick.

Thus far Josh and Al have not been able to get another great player to Atlanta, or as Supes says "a true #1 option." Dwight is the kind of player that will make other great players WANT to come to Atlanta. Who was our last great free agent signing? Dwight will lead to us getting players down here and in time make our team of championship caliber. We've tried it with our current group (who I really like) but if we're going to blow up the team anyway, Dwight doesn't seem like a bad piece to start a rebuild.

Naw. If we trading Al and Smoove, we ain't taking Turk's contract. They better give J.J. Redick and J-Rich instead. Useful pieces. For Al, Marvin and Zaza, yep.

• Like 1

Nope I wouldn't give them both Smoove and Horf for Howard even if he re-signed with the team because of his back problem and now his questionable character. I'd give them Smoove OR Horf but only if he signed a long term deal with us.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Nope I wouldn't give them both Smoove and Horf for Howard even if he re-signed with the team because of his back problem and now his questionable character. I'd give them Smoove OR Horf but only if he signed a long term deal with us.

Thank you. Plus i don't see where having Howard makes good players want to come here. Who did Orlando attract with Howard there. I recognize he is a major talent but I'm over his personality. We took the magic out in the first round last year. I guess the thinking is Joe is better than the pieces they had around howard but obviously just howard doesn't make us better than we already are.

Thank you. Plus i don't see where having Howard makes good players want to come here. Who did Orlando attract with Howard there. I recognize he is a major talent but I'm over his personality. We took the magic out in the first round last year. I guess the thinking is Joe is better than the pieces they had around howard but obviously just howard doesn't make us better than we already are.

Yep even IF Howard could attract those players, with what money are we going to sign them with? We'd be locked into 50+ million between Joe, Howard and Smoove / Horf without even the possibility of having cap space for the next several years.

• Moderators

I think I would rather go far one of the centers in free agency like Asik, Hibbert, or McGee.

We don't remotely have the cap room to sign Hibbert or McGee even if we could complete a fantasy trade and deal Marvin for a second rounder (removing him entirely from the cap). We also wouldn't be able to do more than the MLE for Asik.On Dwight, I would definitely deal either of them for Dwight if he was willing to sign long-term. I would think long and hard about trading both of them for Dwight if I knew that Smoove wanted to leave regardless.

I would be against the Smith + Horford=Howard trade. You have to keep one to make this team a contender. Al + Dwight just makes sense to me.This is going to be a crazy off season.

I wouldn't trade Horford to be honest if they want Smith. But if they want Horford, they can't have Smith or Joe.

The Indiana loss last night makes me believe more than ever that you need a superstar to win a title. Lebron and Wade with no Bosh vs. a talented, tough, Indiana team with a 7'2" center. I'm making this trade and never looking back.

Ill move Smith+future picks+ Marvin for Howard and Hedo.If we send them Horf then with Howard in the middle it just going to hurt Josh. He definately will be posted up on the perimeter now with howard in the middle. I prefer to keep Horf he is more disciplined than Josh and dont have to worry about 20ft jumpers and 3s. My question is even if we move all them without howard signing long term and sending them Josh and Marvin. What would our cap situation look like? Howard and Hedo would be off the books correct?

The Indiana loss last night makes me believe more than ever that you need a superstar to win a title. Lebron and Wade with no Bosh vs. a talented, tough, Indiana team with a 7'2" center. I'm making this trade and never looking back.

them fools need a guard who can throw the ball to hibbert when he is being fronted lol

They could really use Steve Nash but then again so can we.