• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott position on Draftexpress analysis of forward crop

gurpilo

On draftexpress analysis Mike Scott is the most efficient forward ahead of Perry Jones, Moe Harkless, Royce White, Terrence Jones...http://www.draftexpress.com/article/By-the-Numbers-The-2012-Forward-Crop-3991/I´m not saying he is going to be special, but can score with good percentages and can rebound, plus is a solid defender, I think we got good value on 2nd round.

• Like 1

On draftexpress analysis Mike Scott is the most efficient forward ahead of Perry Jones, Moe Harkless, Royce White, Terrence Jones...http://www.draftexpr...ward-Crop-3991/I´m not saying he is going to be special, but can score with good percentages and can rebound, plus is a solid defender, I think we got good value on 2nd round.

Draft Express is the first place I look for reports. Not because they are always right, who is, but because they are so in depth.If not for the ankles, Scott would have been a fringe 1st. I would like to compare him a little to how Blair took a hit due to injury. Nothing similar about their games, but circumstances are not far off.

• Moderators

I would like to compare him a little to how Blair took a hit due to injury. Nothing similar about their games, but circumstances are not far off.

In fairness to Blair, he was a potential lottery pick who fell to the second round. This wasn't far off from where Scott was predicted. Scott was the 115th ranked player in his HS class according to Rivals and was never on the NBA radar as a hot ticket item.Sullinger is the better Blair comparison except that Blair's success likely helped Sullinger stop his fall earlier.

• Moderators

Ferry said Scott is strictly a 4. It's obvious to me he has some 3 skills especially if he slim down some and improves ball handling.

Nothing I have read suggests Scott has the speed to defend 3's.

• Moderators

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cavaliers-journal/post/virginias-mike-scott-on-the-nba-draft-i-know-i-belong-in-the-first-round/2012/06/26/gJQArAtQ4V_blog.html

As for what sort of player his new team will be getting, Scott made it clear his prolific senior season, and strong pre-draft showing, are only the start of an impact career at the professional level.

“Guarding players smaller and quicker than me, that’s what I need to continue to do,” Scott said. “But I honestly think my bread and butter is at the four [power forward] and I can just do some three [small forward] stuff. I’ll be a mismatch.”

~lw3

In fairness to Blair, he was a potential lottery pick who fell to the second round. This wasn't far off from where Scott was predicted. Scott was the 115th ranked player in his HS class according to Rivals and was never on the NBA radar as a hot ticket item.Sullinger is the better Blair comparison except that Blair's success likely helped Sullinger stop his fall earlier.

I am mainly talking about the drop. Blair did drop a lot more but I was mainly talking about the seriousness of the injuries. I never said Scott was a lottery pick lol. I said he was a fringe 1st round pick without the injuries.

On draftexpress analysis Mike Scott is the most efficient forward ahead of Perry Jones, Moe Harkless, Royce White, Terrence Jones...http://www.draftexpr...ward-Crop-3991/I´m not saying he is going to be special, but can score with good percentages and can rebound, plus is a solid defender, I think we got good value on 2nd round.

Interesting to note that by the same analysis (Draft Express's calculation of points per 40, pace adjusted), Jenkins is the leading scorer among wings. We brought in some potential points, that is for sure. Kind of what you want for your bench, no?
  • Like 1

Well lets hope LD gives him a chance to play. LD doesn't give 1st rounders a chance so I don't know if Scott will even make the team. If he does then maybe a shout out from Charles Barkley will get him playtime.

Mike Scott?? Im sorry, but I hope he makes the squad this year. I understand that he was our best choice at that pick, but most second rounders never pan out. Especially with the Hawks. Check our history, outside of Solomon Jones and maybe Royal Ivey, we suck at second round picks.

• Moderators

I am mainly talking about the drop. Blair did drop a lot more but I was mainly talking about the seriousness of the injuries. I never said Scott was a lottery pick lol. I said he was a fringe 1st round pick without the injuries.

When were people projecting him higher?

Probably been asked in another thread by now, but is Scott the reason that Ivan's not signed yet?

I don't think they wanted Ivan back regardless.

Nothing I have read suggests Scott has the speed to defend 3's.

“Guarding players smaller and quicker than me, that’s what I need to continue to do,” Scott said. “But I honestly think my bread and butter is at the four [power forward] and I can just do some three [small forward] stuff. I’ll be a mismatch.”Straight from the horses mouth. Something to look at during SL for sure.

• Moderators

“Guarding players smaller and quicker than me, that’s what I need to continue to do,” Scott said. “But I honestly think my bread and butter is at the four [power forward] and I can just do some three [small forward] stuff. I’ll be a mismatch.”Straight from the horses mouth. Something to look at during SL for sure.

He doesn't say he can defend small forwards. Josh Smith struggles to defend small forward with his foot speed. Anybody thinking Mike Scott is going to be faster from his statement that he is a 4 but he will give it his best to play some 3? If you were an undersized PF with a good perimeter game, you would tell people that you could play some 3 too. I'm not convinced that a guy who weighs nearly 40 pounds more than Iggy and who isn't known for his athleticism is going to check all that many 3's.