• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

thanks Joe!

HawkItus

Love ya Joe. Good luck in Brooklyn.

• Moderators

Thanks to JJ for some outstanding years in Atlanta. Definitely wish him the best as he heads to the Nets. I want Game 6 to be the lasting memory of Joe and now he is going out on an All-Star season with us so no bitter breakups. His second contract with us ended up as 2 All-Star appearances, 2 playoff appearances, cap room + 1st round pick. Joe ends up financially secure. Worked out pretty well for everyone.

• Premium Member

They traded the wrong man. I wish you could stay.Good luck with the Nets, JJ, one of the best Hawk ever!PS: Can't root for the Nets but I won't complain if you decide to kick our arses every once in a while. That trade sucked!

Edited by BrazilianHawk

I will miss Joe Johnson. He came here when others wouldnt. He was a very professional. This is why i cant be a GM. I hope he finishes out his contract and comes back to the Hawks and retires a Hawk.

Thanks to JJ for some outstanding years in Atlanta. Definitely wish him the best as he heads to the Nets. I want Game 6 to be the lasting memory of Joe and now he is going out on an All-Star season with us so no bitter breakups. His second contract with us ended up as 2 All-Star appearances, 2 playoff appearances, cap room + 1st round pick. Joe ends up financially secure. Worked out pretty well for everyone.

In a perfect world we get D12 and CP3 in FA and create a dynasty and pick up Joe when his contract expires to get a ring

I also wish Joe the best in Brooklyn. I was one of his biggest critics but it was never because I felt he wasn't a good player. He can't help that he was given the burden of carrying a team when he's not talented enough to do so and who in the hell would have turned down the contract he was offered? My only lasting criticism of Joe was that he was too quiet and contributed to the "nice guy" mentality the Hawks had. Still, I hope he plays with Deron in Brooklyn and does good things for them. Adios Joe!

OMG...OMg...Omg...omg....who will pound the ball waiting for a double team before passing to Smoove with 3 seconds left on the shot clock now? Is Tyronne Lue still in playing shape?....worries.Joe Johnson - the luckiest ($$-wise) fairly slow shooting guard on the face of planet earth....but he could shoot....in the regular season.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Joe will forever be one of my 5 all-time favorite Hawks. He wanted to come to Atlanta whenever the Hawks were still a joke for the previous decade. He revived this franchise and city. I cannot thank him enough. In person, seeing him hit the 3 in the Hawks-Celtics Game 6 in 2008 as we won 103-100 was unbelievable. Its bittersweet but I'm happy because within a year Atlanta really may be one of the hottest teams in the league, Hotlanta.I wish Joe the very best in Brooklyn, my hat goes off to him!

Terribly under-appreciated here and became a lightning rod after his contract. Dude was a stone cold killer on the court and made our team go.As Nire said, best Hawk since 'Nique. When he first came over from the Suns I started watching every day again because he made it worth watching.My best memory of Joe is his Game 4 against Big Bad Boston in '08, back when we were a young team on the rise.Time to rebuild again. This is familiar territory, but I am hopeful we are in better hands this time. It had to be done.