• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we hang his jersey

Supporter

I sure as hell hope so. He came to a 13 win team when no one else would every consider it and pumped life back into the team. We made it to the playoffs for 5 straight years with Joe making the all-star team for 6 years. We owe him a huge amount of gratitude. I hope he does well in Brooklyn (but not too well!).

• Like 3

• Admin

He was our best player since probably Nique but I don't think he made enough of an impact. The rafters have Lou Hudson, Nique and Bob Petit. Thats pretty special. The celtics retire everyone but its a big deal to get your jersey retired by the Hawks

I personally don't see how he doesn't belong there. The guy came here when we were a 13 win team. As a Hawk he was on Team USA, a 6 time all star, All NBA, and also had numerous player of the week and player of the month awards. He put up alot of stats through his tenure here. Sure the playoffs disasters taint his resume, but I think he belongs up there.

Hell no. Joe Johnson was an overrated jump shooter who collected checks. His time in Atlanta is symbolic of the inept people who ran the organization.

Damn, couldn't have said it better. He was the leader of some lottery teams, said he "couldn't care less" about the fans booing him, and was unceremoniously shipped out for expiring contracts. I never embraced him as a Hawk, I always thought of him like a rogue who would've played anywhere for that insane contract. The fanbase couldn't care less about him for the most part except for die-hard Hawks fans on this board, so no. No way his jersey goes up. Only HOFs up in Phillips, bro. Edited by benhillboy

I sure as hell hope so. He came to a 13 win team when no one else would every consider it and pumped life back into the team. We made it to the playoffs for 5 straight years with Joe making the all-star team for 6 years. We owe him a huge amount of gratitude. I hope he does well in Brooklyn (but not too well!).

We paid him close to $100 million for 7 years work. We don't "owe" him anything.

You shouldn't regret it Supporter if Squawkers dont agree with you. Billy Knight set this franchise back years by deciding to make that JJ deal we got lucky to get that #3 pick and Horford god only knows where we would be if we hadnt had favorable lottery balls. This team SUCKED before horford came aboard and I don't think we owe Joe Johnson ANYTHING. I'm just floored New Jersey took our mistake.

You shouldn't regret it Supporter if Squawkers dont agree with you. Billy Knight set this franchise back years by deciding to make that JJ deal we got lucky to get that #3 pick and Horford god only knows where we would be if we hadnt had favorable lottery balls. This team SUCKED before horford came aboard and I don't think we owe Joe Johnson ANYTHING. I'm just floored New Jersey took our mistake.

The only reason I created this thread is because Hollinger tweeted that #2 should be hung up on the rafter, I don't know if he was being sarcastic or not but I wanted to here other people's opinions.

90% of the Hawks fans would of personally offered to drive his ass to the airport today. I respect him for coming here, but lets be honest we didn't start making the playoffs until Al Horford got here. Most hawks fans don't care for Joe Johnson, and he really didn't do anything out of this world to have his jersey hung so no.