• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Future Looks Very Promising!

PaceRam

Even though I will not be surprised if the Hawks go through a fairly rough 2012 season (unless they can do the unimaginable and get Dwight Howard!) I still think the moves they made today (and, I am guessing there are a lot more exciting moves coming!) have helped lay a great foundation for a very promising future! As exciting as the Hawks offseason has been already (thanks to Danny Ferry!) I am guessing the next offseason will be even more exciting (thanks to all the expiring contracts!)! What a fun time to be a Hawks Fan!

• Like 1

Smoove will leave after this year if not traded - think a bit - he has said he wants to go and he wants to "get in the game" for a championship.Honestly I can't blame him...he has improved every year from the raw rookie who couldn't make a layup.It's time to let Smoove try to achieve his dream on a better team....blow this baby up again I guess. One more time and get it right.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Even though I will not be surprised if the Hawks go through a fairly rough 2012 season (unless they can do the unimaginable and get Dwight Howard!) I still think the moves they made today (and, I am guessing there are a lot more exciting moves coming!) have helped lay a great foundation for a very promising future! As exciting as the Hawks offseason has been already (thanks to Danny Ferry!) I am guessing the next offseason will be even more exciting (thanks to all the expiring contracts!)! What a fun time to be a Hawks Fan!

When you consider that you played most of last year without Horford, Horford for JJ seems to be a wash. Here is the gone and here list. Basically you replace a 19ppg, a 10ppg and singles for a 15 ppg, 12 ppg, 12 ppg and singles. You get way healthier, way younger. If the rookies perform, we're better, not worse as is.GoneJoe - 18.8ppgMarvin - 10.6Green - 7.6Hinrich - 6.6Pargo - 5.6T-Mac - 5.3Vlad - 4.5Stack - 3.6Collins - 1.3Dampier - .1IncomingHorford (out due to injury) 15PPGDevin Harris - 12 ppgMorrow - 12.1Jordan Williams - 4.6Johan Petro - 4.2Stephenson - 2.9Jenkins - ???Scott - ??? Edited by thecampster

When you consider that you played most of last year without Horford, Horford for JJ seems to be a wash. Here is the gone and here list. Basically you replace a 19ppg, a 10ppg and singles for a 15 ppg, 12 ppg, 12 ppg and singles. You get way healthier, way younger. If the rookies perform, we're better, not worse as is.GoneJoe - 18.8ppgMarvin - 10.6Green - 7.6Hinrich - 6.6Pargo - 5.6T-Mac - 5.3Vlad - 4.5Stack - 3.6Collins - 1.3Dampier - .1IncomingHorford (out due to injury) 15PPGDevin Harris - 12 ppgMorrow - 12.1Jordan Williams - 4.6Johan Petro - 4.2Stephenson - 2.9Jenkins - ???Scott - ???

When you consider that you played most of last year without Horford, Horford for JJ seems to be a wash. Here is the gone and here list. Basically you replace a 19ppg, a 10ppg and singles for a 15 ppg, 12 ppg, 12 ppg and singles. You get way healthier, way younger. If the rookies perform, we're better, not worse as is.GoneJoe - 18.8ppgMarvin - 10.6Green - 7.6Hinrich - 6.6Pargo - 5.6T-Mac - 5.3Vlad - 4.5Stack - 3.6Collins - 1.3Dampier - .1IncomingHorford (out due to injury) 15PPGDevin Harris - 12 ppgMorrow - 12.1Jordan Williams - 4.6Johan Petro - 4.2Stephenson - 2.9Jenkins - ???Scott - ???

It's not really a wash though. Joe is worth about 5 wins. Al is worth about 10 wins.

Smoove will leave after this year if not traded - think a bit - he has said he wants to go and he wants to "get in the game" for a championship.Honestly I can't blame him...he has improved every year from the raw rookie who couldn't make a layup.It's time to let Smoove try to achieve his dream on a better team....blow this baby up again I guess. One more time and get it right.

24 hours ago I would have totally agreed with Smoove leaving at the end of this season. Now? Not so much. I think we could pick up a couple of players to complete the roster this year (maybe trade Harris and buyout Farmar) and Smoove would still stay (if we resign him). Smoove wants to win and wants to be moving towards a championship. It seems like he is excited with what Ferry has done. I don't think he had a problem with Joe, but I think he had a problem with our lack of moves to get better. Now we are doing what it takes to get in a better position. And beyond that, we obviously chose Smoove over Joe. Joe's contract basically prevented us from resigning Smoove. On top of that, Smoove has been the one to get blamed for everything while Joe has the largest contract and tends to disappear. I think Smoove wants to stay here and will take these moves as a sign that we are willing to do what it takes. It seems like his statements may have been more of a cry for help. I don't think Smoove really wanted to leave in the first place.
  • Like 1

...I don't think Smoove really wanted to leave in the first place.

I hope you are right....we'll see soon enough. If we are going to move Smoove it would be absurd to hold onto him until the trade deadline.Of course "absurd" has never stopped Hawks management before.
  • Like 1

I hope you are right....we'll see soon enough. If we are going to move Smoove it would be absurd to hold onto him until the trade deadline.Of course "absurd" has never stopped Hawks management before.

We are in total agreement!

its hard to believe Ferry has moved both Joe AND Marvin...i wouldnt have thought it was possiblei'd rather have another 13 win season than watch the old team underachieve in the playoffs every yearthey had a good run, but its time to move onGo Hawks!

• Premium Member

I love it. I would rather follow a bad team in transition then a team stuck in the middle. We are back in the game guys. Enjoy it! Hope returns!

My honest feeling is that Josh wants to play for a team that fills up the arena every night. Championships are good, but I think he really likes the electricity of a full-house.

The trades, hopefully, will energize the home crowd. The key will be getting a top-notch player with the cap. I think this can happen IF Paul gets to Dwight and says that Atlanta is the place to come.

At this point, I think we all have to sit back and see how this plays out, but damn, I haven't been this excited about the team in YEARS. Heck, I might buys season tickets (and I hate the ASG)

• Moderators

My honest feeling is that Josh wants to play for a team that fills up the arena every night. Championships are good, but I think he really likes the electricity of a full-house.

The trades, hopefully, will energize the home crowd. The key will be getting a top-notch player with the cap. I think this can happen IF Paul gets to Dwight and says that Atlanta is the place to come.

At this point, I think we all have to sit back and see how this plays out, but damn, I haven't been this excited about the team in YEARS. Heck, I might buys season tickets (and I hate the ASG)

When Josh hears 20,000 groans on a wide open 20 footer versus 8000 he may reconsider.

Josh wants to be on a team committed to winning. I think Ferry can convince him to stay. Remember when Joe did a tour of the nba prior to signing his big deal? Every friggin away game we had to listen to him say 'yeah i could see coming here'. Guys can change their mind. Especially when the new gm starts telling him he's the man. Which he is at this point.

Smoove seems to be very happy with the direction that Ferry is going in. He spoke yesterday about it. Also - I am honored to be in your sig!!!

Wow.. I hope this thread is placed in the archives so that we can pull it back out in the future. A lot of you have really forgotten what the basement feels like.

Hah! No doubt. I haven't forgotten about the 13 win season, but I know what you mean Diesel. The grass is always greener, right? But at least we have some hope now for the future. We'll see in another 12-14 months what affect these moves really have.

• Moderators

Wow.. I hope this thread is placed in the archives so that we can pull it back out in the future. A lot of you have really forgotten what the basement feels like.

Agreed. I don't think the current team would be out of the playoffs but i certainly don't want to blow up. Ferry has done good so far. Keeping the young, reasonably priced talent is job one.