• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do people really want to build the "new Hawks" around Josh Smith?

TheNorthCydeRises

I don't but I am sure people will tell you yes if that is the only way they can get Dwight. I could care less about getting Dwight if it is contingent on so many things other than him simply wanting to come here.

• Like 1

I think Ferry will be evaluating Josh up until the trade deadline to see where his head is at and if he thinks he is a player to keep for what his vision is.

Al Horford. Where did this thread even come from. You can't possibly build nothing around Josh.

I think Ferry will be evaluating Josh up until the trade deadline to see where his head is at and if he thinks he is a player to keep for what his vision is.

Ferry knows Josh from the best place to watch, outside the Atl. He will continue to evaluate but make no mistake about this, after 9 seasons in the league, every former and present GM/VP knows Josh's game inside and out. Cannot build around him and without a dominate post player, offensively and defensively, Smoove at PF is a detriment. People use to say this about Dirk as well, and Dirk did not get a ring until Chandler came along. Now if you understand how much better Dirk is than Josh, I think you should get an idea of how hard it will be to win a championship with Josh chucking jumpers all night long.
  • Like 1

Can you build a championship team AROUND Josh Smith meaning the offense focuses around him...NO! You can't build nothing AROUND Al Horford either lets be honest.Josh Smith is a player you put besides a superstar and build a championship team WITH. He is basically Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh. Great 2nd or 3rd option but not 1st.But this is about to turn into a "Josh Smith can't shoot" and "Josh Smith has low BBIQ" thread.

I think Ferry is smart enough to realize that Josh is either going to start playing the way he should or he is going to be traded. This is basically the heart of the matter with Josh. By playing the way he should, I mean he needs to minimize the idiotic shot selection and ball-handling that contribute to this team's offensive funks. If Josh focuses on rebounding, the transition game and playing around the post more often, then he'll probably stay and flourish.

Josh is getting better every year and he is just starting to reach his prime. He has unmatched gifts and ability and can do it all on the court at both ends. How can you not be able to build around him? He's very versatile. Josh and Al are a dangerous combo but so is Dwight and Josh. They would be the best defensive front court in the league with Dwight and Josh frequently making it to the top three already. People underestimate the defense and energy that Josh brings to our overall team!!

He is basically Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh. Great 2nd or 3rd option but not 1st. But this is about to turn into a "Josh Smith can't shoot" and "Josh Smith has low BBIQ" thread.

Not JJ or Bosh. Both are better and more natural at playing their positions. Both shoot a high % for their positions. Is this a Josh can't shoot thread? No but your post is saying Josh can shoot as well as Bosh and has as good a shot selection as Bosh, and that is a joke.

• Premium Member

Most people here would say no. I say hell yes! Why not build your franchise around the most talented player in basketball period?

• Premium Member

The only reason I have to keep Josh and this is truly the only reason is to bring Howard here. If he can't do that then trade him or let him walk. I am beyond sick and tired of his 15 horrible jump shots a night plus hogging the ball or refusing to give the ball to the point while bringing the ball up.

Most people here would say no. I say hell yes! Why not build your franchise around the most talented player in basketball period?

Wilt Chamberlain came back alive and signed with the Hawks? Wow!

What have we learned about trying to build around a robin instead of batman. Josh isn't even a robin. i am thinking he maybe on the level of Alfred the Butler.

I'm pretty sure that Josh is more likely to be the Joker or Bane or maybe even the Scarecrow. Hell he could even be the Riddler. He's far more apt to be a villain than a hero as far as his perception to the fans.
  • Like 1