• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard Discussion Thread****

BusBoyIsBack

• Premium Member

Hello everybody! First time poster but long time observer. Is it possible for us to get Bynum? I think Al & Bynum would be a much better fit than Josh & D12. I also think we would have a better chance of resigning Bynum. Dwight has shown 0 interest in playing in the ATL. After the Nets deal fell through I was hoping he would add us to his list. It's clear he doesn't want to play here. Orlando doesn't want to trade Dwight within the division, even for a rental. I think they are talking to us just to try to get better offers from other teams as other posters have mentioned. I don't know if it's possible ( cap or numbers wise ) Lakers get Josh/ Dwight Hawks get Bynum/ 1 Orlando bad contract Magic get Gasol Atlanta 2 first round picks next year and future lakers 1st round pic. Lakers could also give Magic 3 mill cash considerations. Just an idea. Any thoughts?

Hello everybody! First time poster but long time observer. Is it possible for us to get Bynum? I think Al & Bynum would be a much better fit than Josh & D12. I also think we would have a better chance of resigning Bynum. Dwight has shown 0 interest in playing in the ATL. After the Nets deal fell through I was hoping he would add us to his list. It's clear he doesn't want to play here. Orlando doesn't want to trade Dwight within the division, even for a rental. I think they are talking to us just to try to get better offers from other teams as other posters have mentioned. I don't know if it's possible ( cap or numbers wise ) Lakers get Josh/ Dwight Hawks get Bynum/ 1 Orlando bad contract Magic get Gasol Atlanta 2 first round picks next year and future lakers 1st round pic. Lakers could also give Magic 3 mill cash considerations. Just an idea. Any thoughts?

So, New York has just traded for Felton, which probably indicates they won't match Lin. If Lin goes to Houston are they out of the Dwight sweepstakes??

No, from what I've read his first year salary barely fills up the space vacated by them amnestying Scola.

No, from what I've read his first year salary barely fills up the space vacated by them amnestying Scola.

So a players cap # for the season is how much he makes " that" year? Its not prorated based on total salary of the contract and years of the contract? I guess the Knicks didnt want to get hammered by Luxury tax in the 2nd year of that deal. Edited by NJHAWK

DW, you have to ask yourself why would a team like the Magic who would be in total blowup rebuild mode with a trade of Howard, why would they want a 31 year old center with a huge contract that has 2 years on it?

DW, you have to ask yourself why would a team like the Magic who would be in total blowup rebuild mode with a trade of Howard, why would they want a 31 year old center with a huge contract that has 2 years on it?

They wouldn't be taking Scola, he was amnestied.

So a players cap # for the season is how much he makes " that" year? Its not prorated based on total salary of the contract and years of the contract? I guess the Knicks didnt want to get hammered by Luxury tax in the 2nd year of that deal.

Yup, it goes by current salary of that particular year. In this case there's a quirk of the CBA that the Rockets exploited where them signing Lin to a contract would, for them, pay him around 8 million on average but if the Knicks match they'd pay him 5 million, 5 million and then 15 million in the 3rd year. It's that 3rd year that's making New York blink because they'd face serious lux tax issues. The Rockets are hoping the same for Asik and the Bulls. The new CBA is finally showing some teeth.

The Magic will need a center once Howard is gone. keep in mind they would have 4 first round picks next year, Gasol would make a good locker room leader and mentor for the young guys coming in. After all the negitivity surrounding the Howard fiasco I imagine the Magic want to rid themselves of all locker room cancer types, Gasol would be perfect for this. If he didnt work out im sure even with his contract he is tradable. To me it sounds like a better package than the CLE/LAKERS package. Anyway I hope were not done making moves.

• Premium Member

I think unless DHoward agrees to long term the Hawks are not going to tradeHorford and Teague. I would make the trade anyway with bird rights but I'm sure Danny Ferry knows much more than I do.

Im torn that the rockets feel they can keep our hometown hero and we think he will walk on us next summer!Who the hell does the rockets have to keep him there! Im hearing that they believe Hakeem Olajuwon their Hall of Fame center is steeping in to recruit him and to make him become a rocket long term!SERIOUSLY!We have one of D12's best friends on the roster in Smith another 2 friends of his on the roster Morrow and Williams and we dont think we can get D12 to stay!Not to mention we have our own Hall of Famer that can also give him some much needed avice though he wasnt a center he is still a top 50 greatest player!Man some days I want to stay Ferry just give them whaever they want for D12 as long as we keep Smith, morrow, and lou...howard will probably stay! then other days I say f@$% it! MOVE ON!!!BUT on this situation we have about as much chance to keep Howard here than Houston does. GET REAL ROCKETS.......maybe ferry knows what he is doing but the rockets surely seem to have alot of confidence!

JTB . . have you seen ANY report or quote stating that Dwight Howarda) Wants to play in ATL for the "hometown team"b) Has listed ATL as one of the possible destinations he'd consider playing forc) That he WANTS to team up with Josh Smithd) That he'd sign an extension with any team other than the Brooklyn Nets or LA LakersIf you have, please provide a link so I can read those quotes.The fact is that if Dwight REALLY wanted to come "home" and play for the Hawks, he would've mentioned to Orlando management that he wants to come here. At that point, he'd also probably express his desire to sign an extension.If both of those things would've happened, Dwight would be a Hawk right now, and Horford and Teague are probably with the Magic.For some reason, he simply will not CHOOSE to play for the hometown team. If we forced him to come here via trade, maybe he could grow to love playing in ATL. As of right now though, he does NOT want to come here, no matter who is on this team. As for Houston believing that they could keep him, any team that has Dwight next season, also has his Bird Rights. That means that he'd get a potential extra year and 25 mill to stay with that team. The Hawks would also have that advantage if we had him next season.But the fact is that Howard has never said that he'd like to play for the Hawks. Therefore, other teams think they could possibly get him to sign long term after playing with them for one year. Not so sure if the Hawks could, if Dwight was dead set on not playing here.

Linsanity.2nd best thing to the NY/LA market......actually China and Taiwan might dominate both markets. Betta hope the Knicks match because it'll be extremely hard for Dwight to walk away from the 25 mil plus the largest burgeoning foreign market then the chance at a second max joining him too......That is why Houston feels confident. Hometown and friends are nice but business is business.

Linsanity. 2nd best thing to the NY/LA market......actually China and Taiwan might dominate both markets. Betta hope the Knicks match because it'll be extremely hard for Dwight to walk away from the 25 mil plus the largest burgeoning foreign market then the chance at a second max joining him too...... That is why Houston feels confident. Hometown and friends are nice but business is business.

Like Hollinger tweeted earlier Sunday, whether they let him walk or not, the Knicks come out winners no matter what, as the raging Linsanity of last Jan. and Feb. is what finally impelled Time Warner Cable and the MSG Network to return to the table and hammer out an agreement to FINALLY end the Knicks blackout on TV in the NY market, a result which is of incalculable value to the Knicks, so they'll be making boatloads of future money off the past efforts of Lin no matter whether he stays or goes. Seems almost heartless, but you're right. Business is business.

it all comes down to $ and Dwight gets a double endorsement bonus from Adidas if he's in NYC or LA; I ABSOLUTELY HATE that these clauses can be built into endorsement deals as it basically robs the game of any competitive balance...Dwight doesn't want to be here because the $ isn't here for him to snag...Simple as that.

• Premium Member

Also, does anyone actually believe that Josh is going to give a completely straight answer regarding Dwight or free agency to someone who has absolutely no involvement with these situations? He's not about to tell the media anything of significance and he shouldn't.