• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why was Smoove at the game?

Brotha2ThaNite

Could it be that he takes his Captain of the team seriously? :-)

This is one reason why I have always stood strong with Smoove. Year after year he shows how much he really loves this team. The media have been on this guy from day one but all he does is get better every year. Add working with the Dream during the summer.

This year I think things changed. More former NBA backed him on his skill/work.

[*]Chris Webber and other former NBA players took to twitter upset over his snub as an All-Star Player.

[*]I heard Kenny The Jet Go at is with one of the host of 790 The Zone sports talk radio show. Saying the guy does so many good things for the Hawks, you have to live with some of the bad jumpers because he’s showing he is getting better at shooting them.

[*]Barkley called him the best player on our team.

[*]The biggest sign is when Danny Boy came in and proved he will trade the true issues with these team (ie Joe and Marvin’s contracts). Funny how Danny kept the 3 players Barkley said were our top 3 players… Josh, Al and Teague.

Sure some of you are going to say he was talking contract talk. Smoove doesn’t need to be out in Vegas to do that. He was out there because Danny wants to show him he is doing what Smoove have wanted. That is to make HIS/your favorite team, Hawks, a better team.

Love Smoove or hate him… I have said it time and time again… He loves your team more than you know.

• Like 3

The only way I want Smoove off the Hawks is if he wants out. It seems like the only time people notice him is when he misses a jumper. I guess all the good stuff he does is either blinded by hate or taken for granted.

• Like 1

To be honest the guy (smith) never really demanded a trade from the hawks! Not once did he say I want to be traded away from this team, however he has said that the team acts as if they don't want him and that was said due to the contract the ASG offered him, to smith it wasn't enough. Smith frustration also was due to him thinking that the hawks didn't promote him good enough for the all star game.Smith doesn't want out of ATL he just wants respect and now that ferry is here he can get that respect.

Imagine a lot more games like the OKC one last year where he took over playing within himself and using his versatility. He can kill a team from all over the floor on both ends!! I just pray that the opposition is the team that he's killing. It's going to be a different team with Josh and Al running the show!!

he probably just wanted to see if jenkins was the real deal,i think he realises with joe gone its time to shine & that he might be getting the brunt of the doubleteams.i think one the greatest measures of respect during the season that greatly flew under the radar waswhen we played the heat in miami late in the season & the game was close ,near the end they put lebron james on him to stop him from even gettingthe ball.

• Moderators

Why was Smoove at the game?

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... lol

But seriously, I am not sure, but I thought it was strange that he was sitting 5 rows in front of Ferry. It appeared that Smoove was with an agent of his, which points in the direction of extension talks. Then again, he could have just been there to show his support for the Atlanta Hawks and that was just friend he was with. Either way, it was interesting because it appears that Josh has bought into Ferry's plan and may be staying with the Hawks long term. I don't think Smoove would be there if Sund was the one still in charge.

• Moderators

What else does he have going on now? Horford is playin ball for PR and Josh is at home hanging out (hopefully working out). Good for him.

DR. I'm so glad Al's not going to London. Not sure if they're completely done now, but he should be able to rest up. ~lw3