• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry high on Teague

Jody23

• Premium Member

Jeff missed out on a lot of assists, because the guys shooting were shooting a lot of bricks. I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that.

We were one of the best perimeter shooting teams during the regular season (5th in 3 point %, 11th in Fg %), so I don't think your comment makes a lot of sense. Teague didn't get assists because he doesn't have good instincts in the half court, and has worse instincts in the open court. Teague is good at a lot of things but anticipating situations and setting up teamates is unfortunately not one of them. He had a stretch of a month and a half where he was averaging south of 3 assists per game. In fairness to him he did improve during the end of the season, but his best case scenario looks to be a worse passing version of Devin Harris (in his prime). Even during his breakout performance against the Bulls, he didn't average more than 4 assists while playing close to 40 minutes a game. Even going as far back as college he was always a score first PG with average passing statistics.

It seemed last season he started out very well, and his drop-off coincided with Al going down early. I think he has all the tools, just a ways away from putting everything together. I'm willing to give him till the AS break to show he's capable of running the team successfully and get his numbers to the next level. Hell, Raymond Felton averaged 17 and 9 last year? A first round point guard who can penetrate almost at will, dunk every other game, and challenge shots like Teague should be expected to turn the corner in his third year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

oh... i see. I now know to ignore all your future posts. thank you kind sir smh

If Harris is on the roster when the season starts he'll be the starting PG unless he's hurt. If you think that is "ignore" worthy then knock yourself out.

If Harris is on the roster when the season starts he'll be the starting PG unless he's hurt. If you think that is "ignore" worthy then knock yourself out.

Teague was more than a stop gap last year, he was more than just a body. He was a key contributor, and showed he can he can make clutch plays when needed on both ends. first year with any kind of minutes. Harris has been traded 3 times and just got traded straight up for Marvin freakin Williams. He is not starting over Teague. Hes not even that good. y'all are talking about him like he's still in NJ with that ONE FLUKE year. he hasn't come close to the those numbers since! He's a has been that was getting benched for Earl Watson last year We've begged for a good young point forever, and we finally get one and folks want to just bench him and trade him before he reaches his full potential. The guy has all the raw tools. He can easily get better as a facillitator, but everything else he brings you cant teach, and he's still young. u guys kill me. im glad you're not our gm sheesh Edited by Cwell

You mean earlier in the thread when I agreed with someone else that it sounded like Ferry was just trying to increase Teague's trade value?

Your opinion clashes with what the Hawks General Manager stated. Therefore, its safe to say that your opinion is not an accurate reflection of what's going on with the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Maybe he's talking him up cuz he's going to trade him and wants to enhance his value?

This is my view. The only way we can get into the d-12 sweepstakes IS by giving up Horf, Zaza, and Teague (+ Picks) and taking back Richardson with D-12. Harris can't be traded until Dec. Neither can anybody else unless there's a loophole.

• Premium Member

Your opinion clashes with what the Hawks General Manager stated. Therefore, its safe to say that your opinion is not an accurate reflection of what's going on with the Hawks.

lol yes, no GM in the history of sports has EVER talked positively about a player they fully intend to trade to increase said trade value.

lol yes, no GM in the history of sports has EVER talked positively about a player they fully intend to trade to increase said trade value.

GMs talk positively about every player on their roster. So I guess that means they are going to trade everyone on their roster, huh ?

• Premium Member

GMs talk positively about every player on their roster. So I guess that means they are going to trade everyone on their roster, huh ?

They do when they just traded for a better starter at the same position of the guy they were talking about.

They do when they just traded for a better starter at the same position of the guy they were talking about.

This is my feeling, too. Harris allows us to use Teague as an asset in a bigger trade. Two deals: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ub4kwn Horford/JT/Zaza for Howard http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7n88fjh Korver for JRich Harris/Lou Jenkins/Morrow JRich Smith/JWilliams/Scott Howard/Petro

Who is an expiring contract therefore a more valuable trade piece. We can speculate back and forth all day. The fact is Larry Drews boss said the man is starting.

Ferry said the 1st game of summer league that he sees Harris starting at the SG position in a backcourt situation like he did in Dallas. So, once again I don't get the Teague hate from some. This is not Harris vs Teague, maybe Ferry actually thinks they are both good for each other. Maybe he thinks neither is the long term answer. If I was the GM that would be might thoughts until one proves me wrong. You need to give both the same amount of rope this year.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

Ferry said the 1st game of summer league that he sees Harris starting at the SG position in a backcourt situation like he did in Dallas. So, once again I don't get the Teague hate from some. This is not Harris vs Teague, maybe Ferry actually thinks they are both good for each other. Maybe he thinks neither is the long term answer. If I was the GM that would be might thoughts until one proves me wrong. You need to give both the same amount of rope this year.

That's not exactly what Ferry said. He said he can envision a lineup with Teague and Harris playing together. Never said anything about it being a starting lineup.

That's not exactly what Ferry said. He said he can envision a lineup with Teague and Harris playing together. Never said anything about it being a starting lineup.

Fine. That is not exactly how I remember it and took it and still don't take it like that. He could have said that he can envision a lineup where Harris plays alongside Williams, Jenkins, Morrow, or Stevenson but he did not. Edited by MrMeltdown

Fine. That is not exactly how I remember it and took it and still don't take it like that. He could have said that he can envision a lineup where Harris plays alongside Williams, Jenkins, Morrow, or Stevenson but he did not.

Then you need to go back and listen to him again. That wasn't my interpretation that's the words he used.