Without Rebounders and Defenders.. we are...

Diesel

• Premium Member

A jump shooting team.Let's face it, we have nothing to get stops with right now. Smoove or Horf may get an occassional block but for the most part, teams will be able to score and get second chances because we have no defensive positional players. I hope that Stevenson can still do it and is agiven a chance but right now, I see us being the Nuggets of the 80s. High scoring losses.

• Premium Member

Diesel, I just gotta think (or hope) that Danny has not finished with this roster before the regular season. If we go into the regular season we will be like some of those old Phoenix and Denver teams that can score but stop nobody and have to win shootout games.

• Premium Member

Diesel, I just gotta think (or hope) that Danny has not finished with this roster before the regular season. If we go into the regular season we will be like some of those old Phoenix and Denver teams that can score but stop nobody and have to win shootout games.

That's how i see it.

I frankly believe that this is a Posted Image throw away season.

You can't just come out and say that but I think Ferry's plans are either with the draft or FAcy next season or maybe at the deadline this season. Face it.. All expirings but Horf, Jenkins, and Teague... Ferry is going to build this team as he pleases but he will sale everybody that we have something good right now... even if we don't.

• Premium Member

A jump shooting team.

Let's face it, we have nothing to get stops with right now. Smoove or Horf may get an occassional block but for the most part, teams will be able to score and get second chances because we have no defensive positional players. I hope that Stevenson can still do it and is agiven a chance but right now, I see us being the Nuggets of the 80s. High scoring losses.

Sounds like you miss Marvin already!Posted Image But like it our not, Zaza will start at center with Horford and Sooove manning the 2 forward positions.

• Moderators

Basically you're saying that Joe was such a good defender that we will go from a good defensive team to a bad one. I think stevenson can fill in one defensive spot so the main difference is Joe. We still have the same other three guys.We have always been a jump shooting team. I'm glad we finally have shooters.

A jump shooting team. Let's face it, we have nothing to get stops with right now. Smoove or Horf may get an occassional block but for the most part, teams will be able to score and get second chances because we have no defensive positional players. I hope that Stevenson can still do it and is agiven a chance but right now, I see us being the Nuggets of the 80s. High scoring losses.

IDK about that because not much has changed in the front court. We will have Josh, AL, Ivan, ZaZa and Petro who is a upgrade to Collins in my opinion because he's more athletic. Morrow will see minutes at the 2 and 3 and he's a really good defender. And you mentioned Stevenson. I think that if coaching isn't careful we could fall in love with scoring and not focus on defense but we have plenty of players who can fill the role if coaching does their job.

...toast.Hopefully at least a fringe playoff team, but we'll be getting little in rebounding from our guards and the sf position, we have even less size than last year, and who is the go-to scorer in the 4th quarter? Josh? Lou Williams struggled in this roll at Philly. I'm hoping that we become the Denver Nuggets of the East...constant speed at pg, lots of depth, good 3 point shooters, but we might be more athletic.

We will probably be just as good as we were last year. I think having Devin Harris on this team means our shooters will get better looks. Defensively, nothing will really change. We may be slightly worse after losing our two best perimeter defenders, but I don't think we are just going to suck defensively.

A concern rebounding wise will be rebounding from the bench. if we start Josh, Al and ZaZa that means that Ivan better pull down big rebounding numbers. It's hard to believe that another move will not be made though. Just looking at his production on paper, I don't think we can expect much from Jordan Williams. He looks like a mop up player.

We are going to be the golden state warriors of the east. We wont be able to stop anybody. Teams with high scoring wings like the heat, thunder, even the nets are going to FEAST on us. Big teams like the grizzlies, lakers, pacers etc are going to pound us inside.So the only way we can beat people is to be shoot a million 3's a game and trying to outrun them. It will be fun to watch but might be frustrating.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

Cllearly this team will never recover from the loss of Joe Johnson. Might as well give up for the next 15 years.

We are taking a step back to take two steps forward. I am fine with that, but I don't think we aren't going to feel the loss of our starting wings.

• Premium Member

Basically you're saying that Joe was such a good defender that we will go from a good defensive team to a bad one. I think stevenson can fill in one defensive spot so the main difference is Joe. We still have the same other three guys. We have always been a jump shooting team. I'm glad we finally have shooters.

Stevenson has to be given a chance to play. I don't disagree that Stevenson can guard 2s. However, my concern is what happens with the threes of this league. JJ was good for that. Marvin.. with as much hate as I have for his game, was able to stand in front of his man most games. Right now with all the guys we have, we have a collection of really good shooters but no defenders... We have very little physical presence. Teams will just push us right off the ball. My hope is that Devin Harris conjures up his old old self and that Stevenson is allowed to play and that we get something out of Smoove defensively. However, I just see us being easy to score on and on offense I see us dribble dribble dribble shoot. Toronto Raptors.

• Premium Member

IDK about that because not much has changed in the front court. We will have Josh, AL, Ivan, ZaZa and Petro who is a upgrade to Collins in my opinion because he's more athletic. Morrow will see minutes at the 2 and 3 and he's a really good defender. And you mentioned Stevenson. I think that if coaching isn't careful we could fall in love with scoring and not focus on defense but we have plenty of players who can fill the role if coaching does their job.

Click.. this is what will happen. Our defense will suffer. LD will take the fall. Ferry will go get the players he wants next season and he will get a new coach of his choosing too. I'm not mad at that plan. I just like knowing the real plan going in. Ferry loaded the team with players who could entice Dwight to stay. IF we don't get Dwight, watch the continuation of the fire sale and watch him rebuild this team.

• Premium Member

Cllearly this team will never recover from the loss of Joe Johnson. Might as well give up for the next 15 years.

You know there were some who said the same thing about the loss of Nique. Be careful of your sarcasm.

• Premium Member

Basically you're saying that Joe was such a good defender that we will go from a good defensive team to a bad one. I think stevenson can fill in one defensive spot so the main difference is Joe. We still have the same other three guys. We have always been a jump shooting team. I'm glad we finally have shooters.

Putting Stevenson in the game basically means you're going 4 on 5 offensively. He's neither as reliable with the corner 3 or as defensively stifling as Bruce Bowen. Put a hand in his face and he becomes an instant liability. Oh, and he's too short to bother most SFs anyway. We've got undersized wings who can score but can't defend and undersized wings (well one) who can defend but can't score. We used to have a wing corps led by tall, solid two-way players at both SG and SF, including a 6-time All-Star. Now, it's not an exaggeration to say that we have arguably the worst SG/SF corps in the NBA. Unless Stevenson wins comeback player of the year or Jenkins turns out to be a rookie stud, we're screwed. Edited by niremetal

The Bench will be a rotation of mainly Zaza, Horford, and Smoove with a little Petro and Ivan thrown in. So we should be fine rebounding the ball. Heck, we were o.k rebounding without Horford for 55 games.

We were 23rd in rebounding last year, hardly o.k. And it seems very possible that we could be worse this year at rebounding.

We are taking a step back to take two steps forward. I am fine with that, but I don't think we aren't going to feel the loss of our starting wings.

I don't understand why Diesel is sad about this. The movie was going to end this way anyway. If not this year, in 2 years. This team wasn't going to further than it has gone. Maybe it's the dealing of Wilkins that still brothers him. It was sort of the same way with Reef.