• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

James Harden just traded

ATLscrubLove

1. Joe showed in Atlanta he was worth the original deal and worth an increase on the second deal. He's vastly superior to Harden in terms of defense and passing.

2. I agree.

Wait.........now we are waffling again. You start off with this.

So glad another team will waste a Joe Johnson max deal for a good but not THAT good player.

But now you are saying that the deal wasn't a waste? And using the hindsight of what Joe did after he got the contract.....to justify receiving it in the first place as a vastly inferior scorer, defender and passer to Harden? Yikes.

• Premium Member

Well no doubt the Rockets will be keeping him long term. Good value for the Thunder since it appear they could not keep Harden. Two things I think will happen now. Teague will get a contract extension next offseason and Smoove will get a max contract from the Hawks.

No.

Hawks angle on this.We own Houston's 2013 first round pick (top 13 protected). If the pick is in the top 13, we get a second rounder instead. This trade just greatly up'd the Hawk's chances of that pick being in the 1st round next year. Pushed Houston closer to a 7 or 8 seed.

• Like 1

Critique all you want, but OKC made their top offer; it was refused and they got value while maintaining a top team. HOU just moved closer to us getting that lottery protected first.I say good move for both teams (and the Hawks)This is the type of BOLD move that the Hawks need to make.

• Moderators

So the Rox must have another trade in the works, right? Didn't they have to get all their waivers done by 5 PM Eastern yesterday, in order to get down to 15 by Monday? I've got their squad at as many as 20 guys right now.Lin/Livingston/Douglas/Machado?Harden/Delfino/O. Cook/ForbesParsons/T. Jones/Mcs. Morris/L. HaywardPatterson/R. White/JaJ. Johnson/BrockmanAsik/Aldrich/Moteijunas/G. Smith~lw3

• Admin

Short term I don't like it for okc but long term it makes sense. They gave Ibaka too much money for an overrated shot blocker and so to give harden the max would cost them too much for 4 players. Martin is a good scorer but the deal is real lamb, the two firsts and cap space. I am surprised Aldridh got traded since he has been playing well in per season and Perkins has been hurt.Houston might havE gotten a star...this is the time for him to prove it but it might also prove all the detractors of harden when he finally becomes the focal point of a team. They will no doubt sign him for the max because it was said they were going to go after him in the next offseason anyway. Lin and haRden backcourt...not sure just yet.

• Moderators

Last season, Harden's per-36 w/ K.D. off the court was ridiculous, but I still get a "Joe" feeling about the guy. Much respect to his game, but I've never quite seen him as elite. The per-36 in question can be seen here at this link. http://i.imgur.com/5TZhN.jpg

No!!! Noo!!!! All his success was due to KD being on the court. Haven't you read this thread?