• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many Squawkers want Smoove gone right now?

ATLscrubLove

How many Squawkers want Smoove gone now?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If an option had been "Now or later, I don't care as long as we trade him for something good", I would have voted for that. We have looked so much better this year when Josh is not on the court and that isn't a coincidence. His act is tired, it's time for it to go and let someone else be as frustrated on a nightly basis as we are with him.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, but I have wanted him gone all along because I don't see the combo of Al and Josh getting us far and I would prefer Al passing up shots than Josh taking shots he has no business taking and his defense is really not overshadowing his negative plays at this point

• Like 3

• Premium Member

It's the next logical move. Smoove is a hinderance. Now, we no longer have Joe to bail us out or to be the scapegoat.The longer we hold Smoove the more his value plummets.He came into the season as one of the top ranked PF. We should trade him soon.

• Like 1

Yes, but I have wanted him gone all along because I don't see the combo of Al and Josh getting us far and I would prefer Al passing up shots than Josh taking shots he has no business taking and his defense is really not overshadowing his negative plays at this point

Agreed.

• Premium Member

Only thing with me is that, assuming Smoove actually plays will, we can get more out of him at the deadline by teams trying to make the playoffs or get a higher seed. Maybe if we wait we can get a better offer.

No. If you trade him now, while his value is high a team that is seeking to make the playoffs will bite. I like the thought of Smoove for Sanders/Ilysova. IF I could get a first out of Milwaukee, I would do that too.

• Premium Member

For me it's not really about Smoove. I have been a Josh Smith fan from day one. I'm like that with my guys. I was one of the guys defending Big Dog. I defended Chill. I'm not a player basher. This is my team... But Josh has not been coached right and he hasn't been put in a situation to fulfill his potential. The guy is UBER talented, but it's a scattered talent. He needs a role and not the leading one.More importantly though, I'm all about the rebuild. It's not going to work with him and Al. Deal one or deal both. I would be comfortable.

No. If you trade him now, while his value is high a team that is seeking to make the playoffs will bite. I like the thought of Smoove for Sanders/Ilysova. IF I could get a first out of Milwaukee, I would do that too.

True, I just hope this time around Ferry gets the most vital piece of the trade. Like when Ferry missed out on Brooks in the Joe trade. I just hope we can get that one building piece and picks.

• Admin

A first? I don't think that would even consider it straight up.