• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew for coach of the year ( bandwagon )

ATLscrubLove

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I have had my doubts about Larry Drew, I didn't like him one bit honestly. But the way this team has molded is phenomenal, especially considering how many new faces we have this season. Also, I have to say that LD is probably the best in the league at forming up a play out of a time out.

I realize we are only about a quarter in the season but I'm about to jump on LD's bandwagon. Plenty room left for more, ALL ABOARD! Posted Image

• Like 1

hell yeah man.....Im glad somebody else has noticed but I dont care how much you dont like LD...these hawk players have bought into his system and they are playing some damn good basketball right now and for the first time it actually looks like hawk players are under control! LD is doing great and he atleast deserves to be mentioned as the possible coach of the year!

If NY keeps on winning Woodson will get it.

NY is one Tyson Chandler injury away from being a 6 seed. Do not be fooled, Woody as a defensive coach + Chandler is what drives them. Subtract out Chandler and their team dynamic changes dramatically. I'm not afraid of NY. Chandler is 4 points a 1 rebound above his career averages right now and balances out many of the team's defensive errors. Chandler has played in every game this year. Last year they were 2 and 2 with Chandler out with the 2 wins coming during the last 2 games of the year in garbage time. If Chandler goes down at all, the Knicks are very mortal.

• Like 1

• Moderators

NY is one Tyson Chandler injury away from being a 6 seed. Do not be fooled, Woody as a defensive coach + Chandler is what drives them. Subtract out Chandler and their team dynamic changes dramatically. I'm not afraid of NY. Chandler is 4 points a 1 rebound above his career averages right now and balances out many of the team's defensive errors. Chandler has played in every game this year. Last year they were 2 and 2 with Chandler out with the 2 wins coming during the last 2 games of the year in garbage time. If Chandler goes down at all, the Knicks are very mortal.

Man i think you're right. Last night it seemed like Chandler was on the line just about every possession too. At the same time I wouldn't underestimate J Kidd. That guy can lead a team and as we saw when Bibby got here Woody needs a PG like that.

As a Hawks fan I would define ultimate success this year as going to the finals but I would be very satisfied with the season if we beat the Knicks in the playoffs. I don't care if we get swept the second round. As long as I can hurl victory insults as knicks fans in Philips arena I'd be a happy camper.

You make a good point, Drew knows how to adjust when a player goes down. Last year it was without Horford, this year it is without Joe and Marvin. I bet you that he can even make up for Josh going down, and that's primarily because he has good game plans coming into the game and knows what each player is good at.

It's hilarious to have Woodson and Drew together at the top of the COTY rankings. But the award usually means "coach with best record" or "coach with the most surprising good record," so it's hard to argue with either of them.

My early season pick is Adelman, though.

How about Pop getting some love too? That new movie "This is 40" is loosely based on the average age of their players and for them to be able to play as well as they are is just amazing to me.

But yeah it's gotta be Woody or LD at this point from the east and then you've got Mark Jackson who deserves a seriously look in the west. It may not be easy to remember but the Warriors have been bad the past 4 straight years and they're pretty darn good right now. I can't wait to see who comes out on top tonight!! - but I'm just thankful we aren't playing the Bobcats or Wizards.