• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is a champioship roster without a superstar. We need to keep most os these guys!

JTB

This team is a championship threat if we had just one legit superstar to get us some bogus fouls and if you cant see that Im amazed! Horford, Smith, Zaza, and Ivan are doing great as far as the post goes maybe need to add one more player there! Our backcourt is good and quick! With some really explosive guys in Lou, Teague, Harris....and our perimeter is highly dangerous with korver and morrow and john jenkins although he the rook barely plays!......Seriously guys! One player away and we will be a threat!

Ferry needs to keep all of the following and add a superstar to this group and what a legit championship threat we will become! So lets be sure to keep....

Josh Smith

Al Horford

Jeff Teague

Lou Williams

Devin Harris

Deshawn stevenson

Kyle Korver

Zaza Pachulia

Ivan Johnson

Anthony Morrow

John Jenkins

That is 11 for sure keepers that I know Ferry is looking to hold on to and add a superstar caliber player to. This would be a set team if Howard was on this team! we could deal with the miss free throws

Im pretty sure we can keep this same unit on good contracts and sign a superstar to this team and win BIG come next year. But if anyone wants to enlighten me and tell me it isnt possible please do so.

OK, so who? What "superstar" do we plug in? Chris Paul? What about Teague?

Who exactly is out there? Iggy = aging fast. Tyreke Evans with Korver at the 3? Pekovic moving JS to the 3? Dwight Howard would be a no brainer but what is the likelihood he leaves a big market (although D'antoni helps for sure). Moreover, when does it make sense to resign JS at age 27 with 9 pro years to a (near) max deal?

Unless we gut and rebuild we can afford a simple "putting off" our rebuilding until the next off-season given Teague resigning will eat up some cap space and the players worth resigning likely won't want a 1 year deal. Thus, it is likely THIS season we rebuild. Mind you, Ferry shocked me with his ability to move players I thought were immovable or dificult to move, but it's hard to see another option than THIS off-season. And back to your point Campster, it's hard to imagine a successful rebuild acquiring said "superstar" occuring JUST through this years' FAcy. It would seem we have to win out on a trade. Amnesty might give us another piece, BUT.

In short, "just adding a superstar through FAcy" seems naive. HOW? That is the devilish detail.

W

• Like 2

• Moderators

This team is a championship threat if we had just one legit superstar to get us some bogus fouls and if you cant see that Im amazed! Horford, Smith, Zaza, and Ivan are doing great as far as the post goes maybe need to add one more player there! Our backcourt is good and quick! With some really explosive guys in Lou, Teague, Harris....and our perimeter is highly dangerous with korver and morrow and john jenkins although he the rook barely plays!......Seriously guys! One player away and we will be a threat!

Ferry needs to keep all of the following and add a superstar to this group and what a legit championship threat we will become! So lets be sure to keep....

Josh Smith

Al Horford

Jeff Teague

Lou Williams

Devin Harris

Deshawn stevenson

Kyle Korver

Zaza Pachulia

Ivan Johnson

Anthony Morrow

John Jenkins

That is 11 for sure keepers that I know Ferry is looking to hold on to and add a superstar caliber player to. This would be a set team if Howard was on this team! we could deal with the miss free throws

Im pretty sure we can keep this same unit on good contracts and sign a superstar to this team and win BIG come next year. But if anyone wants to enlighten me and tell me it isnt possible please do so.

Love the enthusiasm but a lot of those guys aren't going to be hawks next year. I'm with you in that on a personal level i really like all these guys.

I really like Devin Harris but I don't know that we can afford him and Lou especially if we get a really good wing player. Harris looks great on offense but he really got abused by Miami on D. I'd say he's the most likely to get traded at the deadline barring injuries.

Also Morrow is gone too i think unless we just sign him to a one year deal. Stevenson I like a lot and i think we will keep him for a playoff run. I hope he comes back but it will also have to be a cheap deal. He already can't play back to backs.

I feel like i've been as optimistic as anyone about this team and what Josh and Al are doing is fantastic but keep in mind Charlotte is just playing god awful right now. Its good that we can step on their throat (as nique said), it shows that we are maturing, but it doesn't necessarily provide a lot of insight into our playoff chances.

yea next year ferry will have to walk on a high wire. deciding whom to keep & whom to splurge on . he is not going to be able to keep all eleven. like i said the glaring weaknes i see that we could upgrade is zaza. i love the hustle he has given us .but if we could get somebody in that box that can convert when the guards break the defense down & pass the ball to them also put alittle more pressure on the defense by driving from the freethrow line im satisfied.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Love the enthusiasm but a lot of those guys aren't going to be hawks next year. I'm with you in that on a personal level i really like all these guys. I really like Devin Harris but I don't know that we can afford him and Lou especially if we get a really good wing player. Harris looks great on offense but he really got abused by Miami on D. I'd say he's the most likely to get traded at the deadline barring injuries. Also Morrow is gone too i think unless we just sign him to a one year deal. Stevenson I like a lot and i think we will keep him for a playoff run. I hope he comes back but it will also have to be a cheap deal. He already can't play back to backs. I feel like i've been as optimistic as anyone about this team and what Josh and Al are doing is fantastic but keep in mind Charlotte is just playing god awful right now. Its good that we can step on their throat (as nique said), it shows that we are maturing, but it doesn't necessarily provide a lot of insight into our playoff chances.

I do think it will be tough to make personnel decisions going forward. I agree that it maybe difficult to keep Devin, but I hope they try to make it happen. As a backup pg, he's very valuable and I would hate to see him go. Regarding Morrow, if D12 does come to the A, I think there's a good chance Morrow stays.
  • Like 1

This team is a championship threat if we had just one legit superstar to get us some bogus fouls and if you cant see that Im amazed! Horford, Smith, Zaza, and Ivan are doing great as far as the post goes maybe need to add one more player there! Our backcourt is good and quick! With some really explosive guys in Lou, Teague, Harris....and our perimeter is highly dangerous with korver and morrow and john jenkins although he the rook barely plays!......Seriously guys! One player away and we will be a threat! Ferry needs to keep all of the following and add a superstar to this group and what a legit championship threat we will become! So lets be sure to keep.... Josh Smith Al Horford Jeff Teague Lou Williams Devin Harris Deshawn stevenson Kyle Korver Zaza Pachulia Ivan Johnson Anthony Morrow John Jenkins That is 11 for sure keepers that I know Ferry is looking to hold on to and add a superstar caliber player to. This would be a set team if Howard was on this team! we could deal with the miss free throws Im pretty sure we can keep this same unit on good contracts and sign a superstar to this team and win BIG come next year. But if anyone wants to enlighten me and tell me it isnt possible please do so.

JTB . . . just enjoy what we're doing right now man. Don't make any sweeping claims like that just yet, especially when we haven't played any of the top teams in the East except Miami ( whom we've lost twice to ). I love the way this team is playing right now, especially on defense. But the fact is that until we see how we play against Boston, Chicago, New York, and Brooklyn, we really don't have a handle of how good this team is.Eastern Conference basketball is just different than how the West plays. With the way the West plays, we would fit in well out there, and may be a top 2 or 3 team. The East is a little ( actually a lot ) more physical and rough. We gotta see if we can go toe to toe with those teams when they decide to play that slow paced physical ball.I think Dwight Howard on this team would make us an elite defensive team. On the flip side, we'd be in danger to lose a good number of close games because of his FT shooting. It would definitely be interesting to see this squad with Dwight though. But like Walter said, how do we get him here? Barring a complete meltdown in LA, he's not leaving that franchise. The same goes for Chris Paul with the Clippers.I still say that if the franchise is dead set on keeping Josh here along with Al, we need a better skilled big body here. For that reason, I think that Al Jefferson out in Utah may be the target, and a nice fit to bring in. A frontline of Jefferson - Horford - Smith would be a very, very interesting group to throw at people. If we can't get a superstar, we need to assemble the best frontcourt in the league. And I think that trio would represent that.*************************Just for perspective, the 2009 - 10 Atlanta Hawks also started out 14 - 6, just like this current team. They would actually go on to win 5 more games in a row to go to 19 - 6. Keep in mind, this was our roster back then.PG - Mike BibbyG - Joe JohnsonF - Marvin WilliamsPF - Josh SmithC - Al Horford6th man - Jamal Crawford7th man - Zaza Pachulia8th man - Mo Evans9th man - Joe Smith10th man - Jeff TeagueThe only other Hawk team to get off to a 19 - 6 start, were the 1986 - 87 Hawks. The best start in franchise history came via the 1993 - 94 Hawks, who started out the year 24 - 7. That team would be the #1 seeded team in the East going into the playoffs. A playoffs with no Michael Jordan.Of course, we did the unthinkable, and traded away Dominique ( and a 1st round pick ) at the trade deadline for an All-Star caliber ( but non-superstar ) Danny Manning, because we were afraid that we couldn't re-sign Nique ( and may not have even wanted to re-sign him ).Unfortunately, none of those teams even made it to the EC Finals, let alone the NBA Finals.

JTB . . . just enjoy what we're doing right now man. Don't make any sweeping claims like that just yet, especially when we haven't played any of the top teams in the East except Miami ( whom we've lost twice to ). I love the way this team is playing right now, especially on defense. But the fact is that until we see how we play against Boston, Chicago, New York, and Brooklyn, we really don't have a handle of how good this team is.Eastern Conference basketball is just different than how the West plays. With the way the West plays, we would fit in well out there, and may be a top 2 or 3 team. The East is a little ( actually a lot ) more physical and rough. We gotta see if we can go toe to toe with those teams when they decide to play that slow paced physical ball.I think Dwight Howard on this team would make us an elite defensive team. On the flip side, we'd be in danger to lose a good number of close games because of his FT shooting. It would definitely be interesting to see this squad with Dwight though. But like Walter said, how do we get him here? Barring a complete meltdown in LA, he's not leaving that franchise. The same goes for Chris Paul with the Clippers.I still say that if the franchise is dead set on keeping Josh here along with Al, we need a better skilled big body here. For that reason, I think that Al Jefferson out in Utah may be the target, and a nice fit to bring in. A frontline of Jefferson - Horford - Smith would be a very, very interesting group to throw at people. If we can't get a superstar, we need to assemble the best frontcourt in the league. And I think that trio would represent that.*************************Just for perspective, the 2009 - 10 Atlanta Hawks also started out 14 - 6, just like this current team. They would actually go on to win 5 more games in a row to go to 19 - 6. Keep in mind, this was our roster back then.PG - Mike BibbyG - Joe JohnsonF - Marvin WilliamsPF - Josh SmithC - Al Horford6th man - Jamal Crawford7th man - Zaza Pachulia8th man - Mo Evans9th man - Joe Smith10th man - Jeff TeagueThe only other Hawk team to get off to a 19 - 6 start, were the 1986 - 87 Hawks. The best start in franchise history came via the 1993 - 94 Hawks, who started out the year 24 - 7. That team would be the #1 seeded team in the East going into the playoffs. A playoffs with no Michael Jordan.Of course, we did the unthinkable, and traded away Dominique ( and a 1st round pick ) at the trade deadline for an All-Star caliber ( but non-superstar ) Danny Manning, because we were afraid that we couldn't re-sign Nique ( and may not have even wanted to re-sign him ).Unfortunately, none of those teams even made it to the EC Finals, let alone the NBA Finals.

I wouldn't mind Jefferson but how does he fit in terms of this awesome ball movement that we have. He can be a black hole on offense. He loves to score.

• Admin

We need a Noah or even a Varejou if not a bonafide superstar. Al Jefferson would be interesting as well. I'd like to get Kevin Love but not sure him and Al would be the best fit.

Noah would be the perfect fit here if he was available. Jefferson brings offense but no defense. We do not have the assets to get Kevin Love (unless it meant Al going the other way).

• Premium Member

I don't know, Dwight has been playing very poorly this year so far. Still would love to have him though.

Dwight clearly has a bad back. If his struggles continue, buyer beware. Playing with an injured back does not bode well for his future. Too bad because I think he could/would be a PERFECT fit with this group.

OK, so who? What "superstar" do we plug in? Chris Paul? What about Teague?

Who exactly is out there? Iggy = aging fast. Tyreke Evans with Korver at the 3? Pekovic moving JS to the 3? Dwight Howard would be a no brainer but what is the likelihood he leaves a big market (although D'antoni helps for sure). Moreover, when does it make sense to resign JS at age 27 with 9 pro years to a (near) max deal?

Unless we gut and rebuild we can afford a simple "putting off" our rebuilding until the next off-season given Teague resigning will eat up some cap space and the players worth resigning likely won't want a 1 year deal. Thus, it is likely THIS season we rebuild. Mind you, Ferry shocked me with his ability to move players I thought were immovable or dificult to move, but it's hard to see another option than THIS off-season. And back to your point Campster, it's hard to imagine a successful rebuild acquiring said "superstar" occuring JUST through this years' FAcy. It would seem we have to win out on a trade. Amnesty might give us another piece, BUT.

In short, "just adding a superstar through FAcy" seems naive. HOW? That is the devilish detail.

W

Well said Walter.

Miss your input on here.

Getting Al Jefferson would not hlp us much. Getting Andrew Bynum would be STUPID because he is always injured.

I would only do this if we couldn't get CP3/Dwight. And we overpaid for Teague and Smoove. Might as well go all out.

Al Jefferson would help hugely as we lack a go to post player. He also gets blocks and rebounds.

Bynum would be a huge risk-reward move, but if we could get him without giving up the max it would be intriguing.

we need a star. We need that guy who can take over the game when we need to.

There are going to be times in crunch time where the game slows down into a halfcourt game, our jumpshots and 3 pointers are not falling, and we desperately need score. We need that guy who we can give to the ball to and score or get to the foul line when we need to. Smoove has done that a few times for us but we need a someone who can do that more consistently.

That is what separate contenders from pretenders. We never are going to shed that label until we get one.