• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Broussard on Howard

Jody23

• Moderators

Broussard says his "strong" says Dwight will not consider Atlanta when he hits free agency. If that's true, what do you think happens with Smoove?

I'll believe that when Dwight says it himself, but if it is true, then I want to see Smith in another uni next season. Trade him at the deadline or let him walk. The only teams I see interested in Smith is the Mavs and Rockets. LAL won't have the space to sign Smith and Howard and that don't have any trade assets that are appealing to the Hawks and the Rockets won't trade for him because they'll have the cap just sign him outright. I say get a third team (maybe Philly, Boston, or Milwaukee) involved and trade him to Dallas. Philly needs shooters, Doc said that he was looking to shake up the team, and Milwaukee may want to unload either Ellis or Jennings.

But to be honest, I believe that was ESPN saying that, not Howard... The media DOES NOT want to see the top marque center in middle-market Atlanta...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Problem with trading Smith is that the drafts aren't as strong as they use to be so getting picks don't carry the same weight and I'd rather let him walk and take the full potential of the cap space into the offseason than to trade him for scrubs and potential. Reload, not rebuild. Let Josh play out the season in a Hawks jersey and then what happens, happens.

LOL I think 3 years ago i made a post complaining about chris and saying he never speaks the truth! Well apparently he hasnt changed! Trust me you should listen to people on this board before chris and most of us dont even have inside information but just trust me Im not saying espn is false on their rumors or others that work for them but I am saying that Broussard or however you spell that sh*t is wrong and talks out his ass 85% of the time.

I trust Chris the least out of all reporters period!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think Atlanta getting D-12 is possible. However, we'd have to send a lot of personnel to LAL before the trade deadline and hope that D-12 will sign an extension.

Off the bat, I think Horf and maybe Williams will be in that trade. They may even ask for Korver or Teague.

Now, if we give LAL Horf, Teague, and Williams for D-12 and Meeks... Would Ferry be praised or run out of town??

• Premium Member

I will say this, I have soured on Dwight coming to Atlanta. If he comes and we resign Smith there will just be a bunch of drama and the team will be no better IMO.

If you will notice Dwight has been unhappy ever where he has been wit/h the organiztion and the coaches. I have him on my fantasy league team and he is up and down, even with that he is still about an 18/12 player. I dont see DAntionio being there after this season unless there is a big tournaround.