• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn Nets express interest in Josh Smith

Jody23

Definitely need a 1st round pick in that deal

Wallace + MarShon Brooks + 1st round for Josh

People may not like that deal, but we're not going to get equal value back in a trade for Josh, unless that team truly wants him. And most fans would dismiss a trade which WOULD give us value back in talent, but not in money ( Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay )

So what we need to do, is deal him for someone who can help us now, and possibly in the future.

I'd love to deal him for OJ Mayo and Shawn Marion, and let Mark Cuban have that dream that he can unite Smith and Howard in Dallas.

idc what team it is. As long as its under these circumstances.

1. We arent taking back any old vet on multi year deals

2. we either get some kind of young talent on their rookie contract, or first round pick(s)

but wow if this is true :laugh: brooklyn is determined to build the most expensive treadmill team of all time.

• Like 1

Definitely need a 1st round pick in that deal Wallace + MarShon Brooks + 1st round for Josh People may not like that deal, but we're not going to get equal value back in a trade for Josh, unless that team truly wants him. And most fans would dismiss a trade which WOULD give us value back in talent, but not in money ( Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay ) So what we need to do, is deal him for someone who can help us now, and possibly in the future. I'd love to deal him for OJ Mayo and Shawn Marion, and let Mark Cuban have that dream that he can unite Smith and Howard in Dallas.

Wallace plus Marshon plus a 1st would be great value for Josh at this point but where would that 1st come from? Honestly I'd consider it without the 1st if it weren't for Wallaces contract. Even still we'd probably be able to move him someplace else if we wanted to.

I've been a fan of Wallace for awhile, but I don't know how well heis still playing. How old is he? Isn't Brooks the young guy who has alot of potential? I can't remember if he is the guy I'm thinking aboutor not.

Last week on the radio a national reporterwho's name I can't remember was talking about trade talk and hementioned that Josh Smith doesn't have a whole lot of trade value.

I've been a fan of Wallace for awhile, but I don't know how well heis still playing. How old is he? Isn't Brooks the young guy who has alot of potential? I can't remember if he is the guy I'm thinking aboutor not.

Last week on the radio a national reporterwho's name I can't remember was talking about trade talk and hementioned that Josh Smith doesn't have a whole lot of trade value.

Wallace is 30 and he's having a decent year, but it's down from his career, although I'd expect that with Deron, JJ and Lopez all being offensive options ahead of him.

Brooks is a young JR Smith / Lou Williams type of 6th man scoring terror who offers little else but he's very young and cheap and good insurance in case Lou doesn't come back properly from his ACL tear.

Take out Wallace put in Humphries. Much shorter length and much easier to move later.

I'd rather have Humphries as well but I'd guess they'd be trying to package him with Lopez to get Dwight.

Gerald Wallace has always been one of my favorite players but just like Joe he is past his prime and his contract is too big.

30 years old and has 3 years and 30 million remaining after this season. That's not a great contract for his production but I'd think we'd be able to move it if we needed to.

• Moderators

I am not a Brooks fan and have no interest in this deal. Brooks put up a 12.9 PER last season (which is not good) and is down to 11 minutes per game this year.

A late first from NJ isn't very attractive.

Then add in taking on an overpriced, zero upside vet in Wallace who was signed to a terrible JJ-lite contract last season and this would be a huge windfall for NJ if we pulled the trigger.

Just say "no."

• Like 2

Would there be any interest from the Hawks in including Reggie Evans as part of any deal with the Nets? I don 't know anything about his contract and I think he is about 32 years old but he is a rebounding machine and I could be wrong but it sure seems like the Hawks could use some rebounding help. I am not saying doing a one on one deal but if the Nets would include Evans (IF, his contract is not a major problem) as part of their deal for Smith he might be worth considering?

• Premium Member

I have no interest in anything they have other than Deron or Lopez. This would be the least attractive situation without one of the two.

I agree. No way they get free cap space and a chance to wiggle their way back into going after Dwight unless they give up a real player.
  • Like 1

Brooks is an off the ball scorer.........he can't creat his own show like the JR Smith and Lou Williams comparisons suggest.I want a young guy like JJ Hickson......Maybe Portland considers it but probably not.I have no interest in Wallace unless its part of a 3 way or follow up trade to get a younger player or player on a shorter contract.Concerning the Nets 1st round pick.......didn't they trade their 1st last year as part of the Deron deal ? In the new CBA can you still not trade your own 1st 2 years in a row ?