• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Phoenix Sports Radio Personality says Suns Interest in Josh Smith is False.

yungsta

• Moderators

Jay Walker was better than anyone we've ever had although I don't know what his official capacity was. Sekou was far better than Vivlamore and so was MC. Who was better between MC and Sekou I dunno.

I liked MC better. He seemed to get answers and i always though Sekou had an agenda against certain guys.

I liked MC better. He seemed to get answers and i always though Sekou had an agenda against certain guys.

Quite possibly... either way both are better than CV who never breaks a story and is always late to the party. At this point he should at least have an article talking about this rumor and yet I don't think there's been anything has there?

• Moderators

Quite possibly... either way both are better than CV who never breaks a story and is always late to the party. At this point he should at least have an article talking about this rumor and yet I don't think there's been anything has there?

I agree. And the stories he writes are often just stretching one comment a player made out to an article that has no insight at all.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah, smith probably can't net us a player as good as Gortat. Just can't see the Suns being that dumb, without also forcing us to give up picks, which we seem to be more likely to keep under Ferry.

Yeah, because Gortat is the guy that every GM covets and is dying to have... Yeah, let's trade away 17 pts, 8.5 rebs, 4 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl per game for 11 pts, 9 rebs, 1.5 blks. Gortat is a backup center for any other team in the league outside of Phoenix, Charlotte, and New Orleans and is only averaging 11 pts, 9 rebs on a basement level team. Squawk, let this guy go and stop overvaluing B- talent just because you think the grass looks greener on the otherside... Josh is a baller and does a lot more for this team than to trade him away for a backup center.

Yeah, because Gortat is the guy that every GM covets and is dying to have... Yeah, let's trade away 17 pts, 8.5 rebs, 4 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl per game for 11 pts, 9 rebs, 1.5 blks. Gortat is a backup center for any other team in the league outside of Phoenix, Charlotte, and New Orleans and is only averaging 11 pts, 9 rebs on a basement level team. Squawk, let this guy go and stop overvaluing B- talent just because you think the grass looks greener on the otherside... Josh is a baller and does a lot more for this team than to trade him away for a backup center.

Yes, you do trade 17 pts for 11 pts when those 17 pts include NINE missed shots per game. In a given game, both teams have an equal number of possessions. A possession either results in your team giving the ball to the other team, or scoring points before giving the ball to the other team.

Winning teams do the most with their possessions, losing teams do the least.

Yes, you do trade 17 pts for 11 pts when those 17 pts include NINE missed shots per game. In a given game, both teams have an equal number of possessions. A possession either results in your team giving the ball to the other team, or scoring points before giving the ball to the other team.

Winning teams do the most with their possessions, losing teams do the least.

I'm not sure that logic is getting through around here corn doggy dog.

I'm not sure that logic is getting through around here corn doggy dog.

It can help to paint the picture with hypothetical players, I guess.

Player A: Scored 29 pts in a game.

Player B: Scored 23 pts in a game.

OMG! Player A is so much better!

Player A: Shot 10-25 on 2PT FG and 3-10 on 3PT FG. He went 0-7 from the charity stripe.

Player B: Shot 8-10 from 2PT FG and didn't attempt a 3. He went 7-7 from the charity stripe.

Who actually helped their team? The guy who handed the ball back to the opponents 22 times or 2? What did the opponents do with those possessions?

It can help to paint the picture with hypothetical players, I guess.

Player A: Scored 29 pts in a game.

Player B: Scored 23 pts in a game.

OMG! Player A is so much better!

Player A: Shot 10-25 on 2PT FG and 3-10 on 3PT FG. He went 0-7 from the charity stripe.

Player B: Shot 8-10 from 2PT FG and didn't attempt a 3. He went 7-7 from the charity stripe.

Who actually helped their team? The guy who handed the ball back to the opponents 22 times or 2? What did the opponents do with those possessions?

But how many dunks and highlight plays did player B have? That's the real key!

I guess Kobe sucks!

A Center better/should have better FG% than any other position anyways...

Are you comparing the efficiency of Kobe to that of Josh? Arguably the best NBA player of all time to a guy coaches have intentionally kept out of the All-Star game year after year.

Are you comparing the efficiency of Kobe to that of Josh? Arguably the best NBA player of all time to a guy coaches have intentionally kept out of the All-Star game year after year.

Huh? I'm saying his point is saying that Kobe sucks. And that Horford/Gortat is better than Kobe.

• Moderators

A Center better/should have better FG% than any other position anyways...

An All-Star PF should have a good FG% and interior play as well.

No All-Star player should appear multiple times on a list of the worst shooters at different spots on the floor.

A .480 TS% for a PF blows absolute chunks.

• Like 4

Steve Kyler: Some people are taking shots at (@alexkenedyNBA) Josh Smith report yesterday... The Hawks have done background on the players mentioned. Why are the Hawks doing background on players they are not considering trading for? Twitter @stevekylerNBA

Rumor, speculation, truth...who cares...THIS IS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image

It I don't get the fun aspect from this. I do think a interesting point that is being missed here is that if they have done background check on Gortat and possibly Dudley then we may be after them but Smoove may not be the bait. Would be a decent move to get those two players without giving up Teague, Smith, or Horford.

An All-Star PF should have a good FG% and interior play as well.

No All-Star player should appear multiple times on a list of the worst shooters at different spots on the floor.

A .480 TS% for a PF blows absolute chunks.

I agree with this. I never said I liked Josh's shot selection and FG%. I actually hate it! And I hate that about Josh, but that don't change my mind about what he brings to the table and defensively. He's a huge part of this team even when he is making dumb shots.

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

I think you'd need to compare real numbers of Gortat to Josh. Obviously its better to shoot 8-10 than 10-30 but over the course of a year there isn't that huge of difference between the two actual players.

I'm not here to defend Josh's shot selection by any means but for this season Josh averages 6 more shot attempts and 5 more points than Gortat. I'm not seeing that as a huge gap in efficiency but that's just me. Plus you can't really equate a missed shot to a turnover. A missed shot does not always result in the other team getting the ball.

Anyway. I'm ready to move on too. I just hope we can get a better player in return. That may be unrealistic.

• Premium Member

I agree with this. I never said I liked Josh's shot selection and FG%. I actually hate it! And I hate that about Josh, but that don't change my mind about what he brings to the table and defensively. He's a huge part of this team even when he is making dumb shots.

Yeah, but when your TS% is 48% for a PF you better be Bill Russel on the other end... Which Josh Isn't. 48% is Tolliver - Darko levels of offensive efficiency

He's a huge part of this team especially when he's taking (and 1/4 of the time making) dumb shots. Huge in a negative way for us and huge in a positive way for the opposition. Goes back to what DrZ was trying to show earlier about lost possessions. Sure Josh may block 2-3 shots but if he's taking 10-15 bad shots per game then those are basically turnovers and drastically outweigh his blocks or alterations on the defensive end.