• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HoopChalk: Our Jeff, He All Grown Now...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Some pick-and-roll video samples from blogger Jacob Frankel, in the link below, on "The Maturation of Jeff Teague":

http://hoopchalk.com/2013/02/14/the-maturation-of-jeff-teague/

Quick quiz: what semi-successful players from the 2009 draft didn’t receive extensions in the days leading up to the season? You’re probably thinking of Tyreke Evans and/or Brandon Jennings, but forgetting the man who may just be the best of the unsigned players: Jeff Teague. His name isn’t flashy, but his play certainly is; he makes some of the most breathtakingly athletic plays you’ll see from a little man. And while his reputation is mostly built on these highlight plays, he has (shown) a more balanced game this season and been absolutely integral to the Hawks success...
Posted Image

If Teague can stay on this path of development, the Hawks may regret not re-signing him. While he’ll likely never be a star player, he’s a great game manager (while that’s often used as a pejorative, here it’s a compliment) who can do everything required out of a championship caliber point guard. What type of offer sheet he gets in restricted free agency this summer is an under the radar storyline to keep your eye on. The Hawks have copious amounts of cap space and dreams of max free agents, but Teague is an important part of their future as well.

~lw3

I really think Ferry lkes Teague ALOT so I can see him easily being resigned...and I doubt there are many teams that will overpay for his services at this point in his career but I have seen crazy things happen in the NBA before. Anyways yeah of course we need Teague back.

I have said several times, Jeff is an above average starting PG and still can grow on all aspects of the game. PGs I would rank ahead of him

Chris Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Deron Williams, Rondo, Parker, Curry, Irving, Lillard, Holiday, Lawson, Wall and that's it, because I think he is on the same page as Jennings, Lowry, Conley, Vasquez, Nash and better than Nelson, Hill, Walker, Collison, Calderon, Dragic, Lin, Felton... all guys we wanted as our starting PG some time ago.

Considering age, the only PGs that I think are one or more tiers above Teague are CP3, Parker, Rose, Westbrook, Curry, Irving, Holliday, and Rondo (with Rubio and Lilliard possibly surpassing him soon). Teague is on the same tier as a bunch of other guys who might be a bit better than him or are a lot older, but those PGs are the only ones off the top of my head I think are on another level.

I have said several times, Jeff is an above average starting PG and still can grow on all aspects of the game. PGs I would rank ahead of him Chris Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Deron Williams, Rondo, Parker, Curry, Irving, Lillard, Holiday, Lawson, Wall and that's it, because I think he is on the same page as Jennings, Lowry, Conley, Vasquez, Nash and better than Nelson, Hill, Walker, Collison, Calderon, Dragic, Lin, Felton... all guys we wanted as our starting PG some time ago.

I'd take him over Lawson, Jennings, and Nash, who I absolutely despise defensively. He's also murdered Conley twice this year. I think Walker's upside is great if he gets on an actual NBA team. Other than that, I'm on board with the list. There are only two other guys in Rose and Westbrook that can finish over bigger players like Jeff, maybe Wall if he's 100%. But unlike Jeff and Russell, Rose is more likely to miss every game instead of play in every one. Edited by benhillboy

Considering age, the only PGs that I think are one or more tiers above Teague are CP3, Parker, Rose, Westbrook, Curry, Irving, Holliday, and Rondo (with Rubio and Lilliard possibly surpassing him soon). Teague is on the same tier as a bunch of other guys who might be a bit better than him or are a lot older, but those PGs are the only ones off the top of my head I think are on another level.

I think Wall is definately better than Teague when he is 100%, I have doubts about Lawson as he is worst defender but probably I would take Ty, he destroyed Teague on the game they played, he is as quick, scores at higher percentage and has better Assist to TO ratio

I think Wall is definately better than Teague when he is 100%, I have doubts about Lawson as he is worst defender but probably I would take Ty, he destroyed Teague on the game they played, he is as quick, scores at higher percentage and has better Assist to TO ratio

That was the old Teague, I'd like to see them go head to head with this new Jeff and see the results.

i dont think we will have to worry much about someone offering him a ridiculous amount. he has been very under the radar and hasnt been on the national spotlight and became a global figurehead like lin :laugh:

the league is saturated with pgs especially shoot first pgs. if he was a big man then i would be terrified. Im sure the ones who have cap space already have their PG.