• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade with Bucks heating up involving Smith and Monta Ellis

wolvetigers

• Premium Member

I don't believe this for a minute. Not unless Henson/1st or Sanders is coming with him.

I think Sanders coming is the case.

Ferry wouldn't be in the discussion without a young C who can play next to Al.

The other thing is Milwaukee is pushing this trade of Monte because he has an opt out that will certainly be used if he stays and they are afraid that we will ante up and get him off the FAcy blocks.

If Milwaukee makes this trade, they win.

If we make this trade, we better get Sanders back otherwise, it's best just to wait on Monte to opt out and take him and keep Smith.

• Moderators

Monta is a proven scorer when he was with the Warriors. This year has been bad for him as his current stats are 18.4 ppg, 40.1 FG%, 5.5 asts, and 3.8 rebs with a very average 15.25 PER, but I believe that those stats have a lot to do with playing along side Brandon Jennings who ball-heavy, shoot-first PG. As soon as Monta was traded to Milwaukee his numbers dropped. I'm sure Monta is taking a lot of bad shots just to get his. I think playing next to Teague would be beneficial for Monta as Teague looks to pass first nowadays. Then, if Monta is off his game, Teague has the scoring ability to carry the team. 6th in the league in steals, 3rd amongst SG's in assists, and gives us another attacking guard so that we can bring Lou off of the bench and don't lose anything. A guy that fits in LD's system which demands players to be able to play multiple positions. Also, with Lou, Teague, Monta, Deshawn, and Ivan on the team we could rename the Highlight Factory to Tat-lanta.

One more thing, doesn't Harris live in Milwaukee in the offseason? Could it be possible to get Ellis/Ilyasova/1st for Smith/Harris? Maybe get a third team involved? IDK...

Say we swap Smith for Ellis/Sanders. Assuming the deadline has not passed, would we be allowed to trade Ellis or is there some rule against this?

I think we cold still trade Ellis before the deadline. I remember us trading for Rasheed Wallace and Gary Payton only to trade them like 2 days later. Of course that was under the old CBA. The new CBA may not allow it.

I live in the bay area and watched monta for 6+ years. He's not a Ferry type guy. No way this deal goes down. Stein is full of it. Sanders is the only thing I want from bucks, and/or their 1st

You don't trade big for small and you definitely don't trade for a worse chucker than you already have.

Not one for one, no way. But if it comes with a player that we would value then by all means we can suffer through a half season of Monta to get that valued piece.

Monta expires this season? So is it a player or team option? If team option yes take him for half a season then get rid of him if it brings us colonel Sanders. Dang now I want KFC lol

Monta expires this season? So is it a player or team option? If team option yes take him for half a season then get rid of him if it brings us colonel Sanders.Dang now I want KFC lol

I think he has a player option but he said he's going to be opting out.

There are a lot of senarios with the Bucks. They have 3 very nice young players in Sanders, Ilyasova, Henson, Jennings and a first. Hopefully they see Josh as the best available "FA" (since DH and CP3 are not on their radar) and think that they can entice him to stay with a good team and a generous offer.Monta could light back up to 20+ points and PER with us or at worst he's a nice expiring next season.I hope Ferry plays it like they want Smith to re-sign him and asks for appropriate compensation:They won't trade Sanders with only old , expiring Centers on their roster, butSmith / KorverforHenson / Ilyasova / Monta2 nice young guys at SF and PF with a very attractive expiring next season in Monta (easy first) or he plays up to his potential and we have the choice of keeping him.Korver is a loss, but he's also expiring and will want some money in his likely final 2-4 year in the league.Horford / ZazaHenson / ScottIlyasova /Monta / JJJT / Lou Willplus a first or 2, 2 seconds...and an expiring Monta next season; his stay could be short, netting us a decent first trading him as a very high impact contributor expiring....

No matter what there is going to be flawed with what we get in return because smith is expiring and flawed himselfOther parts aside from Ellis are key. 1st round pick? Sanders? Henson? Daly? All good partsAlso what about Ellis ability to take over a game/possession when things break down? How about his high free throw rate that our team is terrible at? What about the attention he will command to open up others?

• Like 1