• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

True or False: Josh is a Liability in crunch time

Bonkers

True or False: Josh is a Liability in crunch time  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So true or false?

Let's look at the good that he can do during crunch time:

Make a nice block

Find Horford with a great pass

Let's at the bad things he can do during crunch time:

Take an Ill advised shot

Have an unforced turnover

Not be in position for a critical rebound

Not give up the ball fast enough (which often leads to a turnover)

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member

I think it is a yes and no. You can't deny his ability to make key defensive plays and passes. Where he has become a liability is in his lack of self control. Not only does that make him a liability in crunch time, but throughout the entire game.

• Like 2

Love how this post comes after last nights game. Josh made two brilliant passes down in the "crunch time." Horford missed a point blank layup. If you think Josh is too blame for that no shot, think about the pass. The pass led too far and almost went out of bounds. Try actually observing the team as a whole rather than singling out one individual. Josh played well down the stretch.

• Like 2

Love how this post comes after last nights game. Josh made two brilliant passes down in the "crunch time." Horford missed a point blank layup. If you think Josh is too blame for that no shot, think about the pass. The pass led too far and almost went out of bounds. Try actually observing the team as a whole rather than singling out one individual. Josh played well down the stretch.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And it is my opinion that I think he is a liability in crunch time

smoove has won us some games in the clutch this season ill give him props for that but most of the time he is a liability in the clutch. The low percentage long jumpers, the dumb turnovers, the freethrows, and overall bad decision making.

He is a guy the other team cheers for when the ball is in his hands in the clutch.

• Like 3

Josh is an offensive liability down the stretch.

Josh is a defensive asset down the stretch.

The two best offensive clutch plays Josh has ever made, have both come off of offensive rebounds that he put back for dunks or layups to win the game

- the put back layup he had vs the Rockets in the 2009 - 10 season . . . ( a game in he was in foul trouble all game . . and a game in which Marvin Williams arguably had one of the best all around games of his career ).

- the put back slam he had to beat Orlando in the 2009 - 10 season . . . ( game in which JJ was missing a ton of jumpshots, including the shot that Josh had to put back to win the game. )

He does NOT have the offensive game to be "that guy" in the clutch who can get the ball, ISO him or post him up, and expect to get points from him in that situation. He doesn't have a "solid go to move" ( neither does Horford, by the way ), he can't be relied on to make or create a midrange shot, and he can't be relied on to make 2 FTs if he gets fouled.

In those "clutch" situations, Josh is best when he's either making a pass to a better offensive threat, or if he's crashing the lane to get an offensive rebound.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 4

• Moderators

My only argument towards Horf's missed lay-up (and I'm not trying to be apologists) is that at least it was a lay-up... I'd rather see Horf miss a lay-up than to watch Josh brick 20-footer after 20-footer... And let's not forget the lay-up that Josh air-balled when Teague passed it to him... He was right under the hoop and was open! And I don't blame Josh for the no-shot, I blame LD for drawing up a play that had Josh taking the final shot though. Devin was red hot. I'd trust Teague, Horford, Korver and even Pachulia, Tolliver, and Jenkins more in that situation than Josh. Josh shouldn't have even been on the floor for that final play.

We've proven to be a fairly deep team, especially if Petro plays like an actual NBA player. I though for sure LD would have taken Josh out after the ill-advised three, but he left him in only to dribble twice too much and throw a lazy pass, let alone cross court, that was easily intercepted by Nash down the stretch. 2 minutes for Ivan. I don't understand it. I like LD a lot, but I'm starting to empathize with more people on the board who blame him totally for Josh having the oppurtunity to f&@k up. You almost have to sense if he's playing well for a prolonged stretch, you can anticipate the horror just around the corner. Better to sub him out too soon than too late.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Josh is usually an asset, but can be a liability when he tries to do things he's not capable of doing. (Unfortunately, these things happen frequently, and I don't really know who's to blame.)

• Like 1