• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So Ferry may already be courting Phil Jackson... Hard.

ATLscrubLove

Reports are that the Hawks are mentioned the most in the Phil Jackson rumors according to Fox Sports Ohio, as well as Mike Brown obviously but now Brown is gone to Cleveland so I guess Ferry will go hard for Phil.

Phil said he would only consider coming back if it's a good situation, Ferry is expected to gut what is left of our highly mediocre team this summer except for Horford, Lou, Korver (assuming he would come back) Teague ( maybe ), and Devin (if he'll come back) with all of our cap space...

If Phil committed to us, you would have to bet the Dwight/CP3 dream we've had for about a year now could truly become a reality.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

More dreams...Phil is not coming to a team with no Stars...

I have to second that. Phil wants to win championships and that is what stars do. Not saying we can't get one; but until we do, it ain't happening.

Well here is what I think. Not being under contract with any team Phil could reach out to CP3 and D12 to guage there interests in hooking up with him and AL. He won't do so until after the playoffs around the draft. If we don't pull the trigger on a coaching position by draft time I suspect that something is in the works.

he said he is more interested in a front office job. Like a larry bird/pat riley role. Maybe he can be our assistant president for basketball operations then promoted later if ferry is gone.

No way he is coaching a team that is in a big retooling/rebuilding stage.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

One dictates the other... Phil isn't coming to a team with no stars, nor is Dwight/CP3 coming to a team with Larry Drew at the helm. Phil would be enough to get Dwight/CP3 and Dwight/CP3 would be enough to get Phil. With that said, I seriously doubt it happens... I thought Phil was looking for a front office job, not to be a head coach?

If Brooks and Del Negro come up too short in the next month, they seem like the type of destinations where he could land. He isn't going anywhere without a superstar ball handler (plural in OKCs case).

Edited by benhillboy

Well, its probably best to try it out anyway, what the worst could happen, besides the Hawks needs a jumpstart like how the Upton Brothers is for the Braves and others.

With the Hawks situation, I believe that having Phil could change everything. Even know that there is alot of rumors that if Seattle gets the Kings, then he will be number one target of the Seattle group.

Well, its probably best to try it out anyway, what the worst could happen, besides the Hawks needs a jumpstart like how the Upton Brothers is for the Braves and others.

With the Hawks situation, I believe that having Phil could change everything. Even know that there is alot of rumors that if Seattle gets the Kings, then he will be number one target of the Seattle group.

Oooo, hadn't heard that, but interesting.

Edited by Bahamut

Does anyone have a link to this story? Or is this someone's pipe dream.

Even with a link - still a pipe dream. I will gladly eat crow fixed any kinda way, even raw... But it's not happening?Better odds - D12/CP3/Zen or Hawks beating Indy in series?