• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What I fear about hawksquawk

JTB

First off I love this site...I visit this site more than any other daily. I can't help but to refresh this site every 3 or 4 minutes in hope of reading some great news for the hawks! Also I really enjoy the posters on this site hell if I had to pick I would take my fellow squawkers opinion over the so called espn experts every time.Now the reason I made this post is because I fear bandwagon hopers! I mean I have been a hawks fan longer than my membership on this site but if all goes well and the hawks do get lucky enough to sign both Howard and Paul....BEWARE the bandwagon fans are coming and they are going too overload this wonderful hawks site.I'm not saying we don't need new members but a overload of new bandwagon posters will really tear this website apart in my opinion.....then again maybe I'm wrong but I remember this happening to me on the Atlanta falcons message boards "falconslife" before Julio jones, tony g, Asante Samuel, Steven Jackson, the falconslife message boards were fantastic just like hawksquawk then when the big names came the site became a overload!...50 post of the same thing, 100s of new post every couple of hours, etc. etc.I know I haven't been here long (2008) but i would prefer that the hawksquawk don't get stupid cluttered if great things happen for the hawks this off season.By the way I'm not calling out any new posters I'm just giving warning that this site will be a cluttered mess if we actually luck up this off season and I just don't want to see that happening.

Edited by JTB

I see what you're saying about repetitive posts but in my opinion the more fans, the better. With more Squawkers, we probably get a more crowded arena (rooting for our team) which would also be awesome. Now, I'm mainly a reader and not a big time poster, so maybe they will feel the same as you.

Edited by Mutombolievable
  • Like 3

I like smoovezilla's form. I'll deal with bandwagon fans, for the love of god just let my hawks win a championship soon. I've waited a long time. Let us somehow land Paul and Dwight and any other star, I just want a championship that's all.

I'm also on "falconslife" and yes sir you're right...way to many posts to keep up with, repeat topics and such but I don't really have that fear on here. Football draws the crazy out of people a lil more than basketball

• Premium Member

Yall newbies don't know this butWe survived the Hanno Mottola Bandwagon fans. We survived the Big Balla Ed Gray Bandwagoners. We survived the Landlord Bandwagoners and we even survived Team Dime.... D12 and CP3 bandwagoners won't give HS much concern.

At the end of the day, some of those bandwagoners became true Hawks fans and even more important Hawksquawkers for life.

• Like 3

Yall newbies don't know this butWe survived the Hanno Mottola Bandwagon fans. We survived the Big Balla Ed Gray Bandwagoners. We survived the Landlord Bandwagoners and we even survived Team Dime.... D12 and CP3 bandwagoners won't give HS much concern.

At the end of the day, some of those bandwagoners became true Hawks fans and even more important Hawksquawkers for life.

Who was the big white guy from Argentina or somewhere in So America. Survived him too

• Premium Member

Lol. I don't think we'all have bandwagon fans to worry about. The real worry will be hoping the Hawks don't overpay for B and C level free agents once Paul and Howard decline the offer to play here.