• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we get some concrete rumors PLEASE!

ATLscrubLove

I know rumors are just rumors regardless but I'm so tired of seeing these rumors about coaching, Dwight, etc that come out and then are deemed a "false alarm" like a day later. I just want something with a little more credibility, I wish these "no-name" sports writers that think they know information would shut up... Seriously.

• Moderators

A concrete rumor would be a fact and players and teams are NOT going to say anything right now because they don't want to make their lives difficult for the next month and a half or risk tampering penalties. Take everything that is said or heard for a grain of salt right now. Also, a thread like this has already been started...

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/380730-dwightmare-part-2/

In Fremont California you may have noticed more and more of your neighbors installing stamped concrete. For all the good things people say about stamped concrete there are bound to be some negatives but many of these are actually misconceptions. Debunking these commonly misunderstood parts of stamped concrete will help you make an informed decision on installing stamped concrete at your Fremont home.

Read more here: http://www.valueconcrete.com/fremont-CA/stamped-concrete-rumors

My opinion is that if you take care of your concrete, then you won't have any problems. Just make sure you pressure wash it at least once a summer, preferably twice and you should be fine. Of course, these are just rumors so take them for what it is worth.

Read more here: http://www.valueconcrete.com/fremont-CA/stamped-concrete-rumors

My opinion is that if you take care of your concrete, then you won't have any problems. Just make sure you pressure wash it at least once a summer, preferably twice and you should be fine. Of course, these are just rumors so take them for what it is worth.

Well done sir!

I know rumors are just rumors regardless but I'm so tired of seeing these rumors about coaching, Dwight, etc that come out and then are deemed a "false alarm" like a day later. I just want something with a little more credibility, I wish these "no-name" sports writers that think they know information would shut up... Seriously.

This happened last year all through the Smoove at the deadline saga. I said repeatedly that most of the rumors were not true. I kept pointing to the phrase "according to sources close to the situation". This is a common phrase used when a vendor at the stadium gives their opinion or a 5th cousin twice removed.

The phrase you are looking for is, "according to "insert specific name here"" That specific name would be the player's agent, a person in the organization, a close family member (like Horford's dad), or someone else that you would trust if you were the player in question.

Right now technically everyone is still under contract till July 1st. Therefore members of organizations can't talk or they violate NBA rules against player tampering. Players under contract till July 1st can't say anything or they risk fines and a bad reputation. There are few people who can officially speak. Agents being one and they say things because they are trying to drum up interest in their client.

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member

Right now, anything can happen...and the biggest "anything" that can happen is too super-flupper-schlupper-badaduper NBA megastars signing on to play in ATL. Once this offseason is over, the dream is over. It either becomes a reality or it becomes "oh well" wishful thinking.

So while the possibility still hangs in the air, I'm pretending that come next season....both of these guys will be Hawks!!! Rumors be damned! Why the hell not... :)

Bring on the hearsay I say!!!

Right now, anything can happen...and the biggest "anything" that can happen is too super-flupper-schlupper-badaduper NBA megastars signing on to play in ATL. Once this offseason is over, the dream is over. It either becomes a reality or it becomes "oh well" wishful thinking.

So while the possibility still hangs in the air, I'm pretending that come next season....both of these guys will be Hawks!!! Rumors be damned! Why the hell not... Posted Image

Bring on the hearsay I say!!!

Or maybe we get a few solid role players this year and draft a couple of kids with big talent and then Lebron signs with the Hawks as the guy who finally gets this franchise over the hump?? I know I know wishful thinking as he's likely going back to Cleveland but hey you never know.

• Premium Member

Or maybe we get a few solid role players this year and draft a couple of kids with big talent and then Lebron signs with the Hawks as the guy who finally gets this franchise over the hump?? I know I know wishful thinking as he's likely going back to Cleveland but hey you never know.

LOL. I suppose anything is possible!

But I'm dead serious about buying into the hype this year. The stars have aligned in just the right way to enable this year's speculation. It literally could not have worked out any better...

Here's some news:

1. Charlotte has hired Steve Clifford to be their head coach.

2. The Milwaukee Bucks had narrowed their search down to Clifford, Kelvin Sampson, and Larry Drew. Clifford getting the Horcats job means that the Bucks job is between Sampson and Drew now.

3. Phoenix has hired Jeff Hornacek to be their head coach.

4. Teams still looking or a head coach are: Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Los Angeles Clippers, and possibly the Sacramento Kings.