• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't think we can possibly get this lucky

SeminoleDoug

Do you think that CP3 gets the State Farm ad if he wasn't in LA?Do you think that CP3 gets the State Farm ad if he wasn't in LA?

Umm.. yes. It is about his agent and marketing company. His personality attracts "family" business and he has always been well known. You seem jaded because Atlanta hasn't had a superstar with national endorsements YET.

• Like 1

Do you think that CP3 gets the State Farm ad if he wasn't in LA?Do you think that CP3 gets the State Farm ad if he wasn't in LA?

If he's forming a big 3 with Howard in Atlanta then yes! No doubt about it! Atlanta isn't some small market nor are they a large market. They are in between middle of the road. You can find plenty of endorsements here and even bring some with you.Endorsements aren't a problem when you are already a star....hell even lebron got endorsements in Cleveland before he got to Miami. That's just not an issue for Howard or Paul. Edited by JTB

• Moderators

The issue is Sterling, notorious cheapskate and alleged racist who is known to heckle his own players http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5915935

......We all thought that even he would be smart enough to pull a Gearon and dissapear from the spotlight but he went ahead and put hist foot in his mouth by publicly claiming that Paul was behind Del Negro being let go. I don't see Paul staying in LA if he doesn't trust their management, and an extra ~30 mil that he's likely to opt out of regardless won't offset being far from home and working in a toxic environment. The GM that sold him on coming to the Clippers in the first place is gone and working in Portland now because he was literally working on month to month contracts and now the owner responsible for him leaving is now calling Paul out too. To me that is a line that you just don't cross when it comes to these guys and protecting their images. You can speculate on it but you never have a GM or owner of all people be the one to put it beyond all doubt by confirming it to be true.

Agreed. This is what Paul should be considering before resigning with the Clippers. Betting on the bottom falling out there is a good money given Sterling's track record.

I want it to happen, but I don't think Dwight comes after his best bud gets the boot. No Dwight, then no Paul.

Umm.. best bud? That is a big overstatement. Dwight's friends are non-basketball players. The guy spends his time on fishing trips and Call of Duty.

More fuel to the Houston Fire re D12:

Free agency in the NBA is exactly one month away, but the Houston Rockets' bid to steal Dwight Howard away from the Los Angeles Lakers is already gathering some momentum. Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that the Rockets have received what has been described as "hopeful signals" that Howard is seriously considering a jump from the Lakers to the Rockets after becoming a free agent July 1. ESPN.com

Posted Image

Although the Rockets are well aware that Howard has a penchant for changing his mind, sources say that Howard has conveyed his rising interest to Houston star swingman James Harden, his former teammate with USA Basketball. Sources say Howard, furthermore, has already made it clear he'll field in-person recruiting visits from the Rockets and Dallas Mavericks once free agency begins. It's possible, sources said, that other teams will be added to the list. ESPN.com

Posted Image

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#Hiumj43OtEQwpTA5.99

Looking at it now, it's far more likely to get Paul than it is Dwight even with Paul already in tow. People just have to face it, Dwight has quite a bit of off the court drama especially when it comes to his main vice, women.......and making babies with women.

No matter the product on the court I don't think he wants to deal with the off the court business of all of those people and family members that remember him as the good ole wholesome, God fearing Dwight questioning and criticizing how and why he is able to fill a whole row courtside with the mothers of his children.

Paul has a more family centric image. I believe he's still married to his college sweetheart, his son can be seen at nearly every press conference sitting on his dad's lap, and he constantly talks about his home and family in the Carolinas. From reading the old articles linking them playing together too, it seems that Paul got just as sick as Deron did with Dwight being wishy-washy about where and when they'd join up. Because of that I don't see Paul attaching his future to Dwight in the least.

This current story has legs because, well we need to face it again, if Paul gave Vinny a vote of confidence he'd still be the Clippers coach. Sterling blatantly stated that he didn't want to let Vinny go and I believe even Vinny confirmed in an interview that Paul and Blake were behind his canning. Paul is dead to rights on this so it is easy to see why he is angry with this being aired out in public. Vinny saying it on his own just comes across and can be dismissed as a scorned lover but when the owner claims it wasn't a move he was behind then the player loses all plausible deniability.

Throw in the laundry list of previous issues with Sterling and now this, it is definitely easy to see Paul just not trusting a long-term relationship with that creep and coming to Atlanta then Dwight finding a nuetral ground such as Houston where he can avoid both media and family scrutiny.

There are a lot of assumptions in what you wrote. He is in a serious relationship with his current and he is looking to move.

Honestly, I see no way CP3 will come here without Howard. No way what so ever.

This sounds like I like CP3, don't like Dwight so let me post things from my heart that is not truthful about Dwight. Dwight really had no other options, he wanted to opt out but Brooklyn didn't have the money and needed a SnT which Orlando wasn't willing to do. No one with cap space was where Dwight wanted to play.

Since when is Dwight this demon you are making him out to be. I know Dwight. Far from a demon. Needs to be more careful in terms of sex but he is generally a good person and is really one who is in the church and wants to do good to everyone he meets.

More fuel to the Houston Fire re D12:

Free agency in the NBA is exactly one month away, but the Houston Rockets' bid to steal Dwight Howard away from the Los Angeles Lakers is already gathering some momentum. Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that the Rockets have received what has been described as "hopeful signals" that Howard is seriously considering a jump from the Lakers to the Rockets after becoming a free agent July 1. ESPN.com

Posted Image

Although the Rockets are well aware that Howard has a penchant for changing his mind, sources say that Howard has conveyed his rising interest to Houston star swingman James Harden, his former teammate with USA Basketball. Sources say Howard, furthermore, has already made it clear he'll field in-person recruiting visits from the Rockets and Dallas Mavericks once free agency begins. It's possible, sources said, that other teams will be added to the list. ESPN.com

Posted Image

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#Hiumj43OtEQwpTA5.99

I honestly don't think Houston will land Dwight. It's a better option than the Lakers but Atlanta is the best with CP3.

• Moderators

Every one of these superstars are divas. For all we know, CP3 is just trying to turn this story around in his favor because he already plans to sign with us and wants an easy out. Make it look like LAC ownership threw him under the bus and it's their fault he left. Then he isn't labeled a traitor, the Clip fans turn their hate to Sterling, and he gets to go back to the SE. lol As T.O. once famously said, "Get yo' popcorn ready!!!".

Posted Image

It's all cinematics though; the fans are just pulled along for the ride and left to do nothing but speculate. At this point, I'm taking every report a FA for a grain of salt. All I really care about is the draft right now and who we draft at 17 & 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

If Paul is suddenly upset with Sterling about this I hope he remembers that Sterling has openly bashed players in the past when he was unhappy with them. Moreover, Sterling has historically been the absolute worst and least committed (to winning) owner in professional sports history so he is already taking a risk on the basketball side if he stays with Sterling.

To the extent Paul cares about race issues, Sterling has been sued for racial discrimination multiple times in the past.

If I was a FA, I sure wouldn't have the Clippers on my list as long as they were owned by Donald Sterling.

I also think it has to be mentioned that Sterling for decades openly said he made more by leeching off tv contracts and revenue sharing than paying money to field a competitive team. He also was openly racist to several of his black employees and is an out right slum lord as was shown in lawsuits.

There are a lot of assumptions in what you wrote. He is in a serious relationship with his current and he is looking to move.

Honestly, I see no way CP3 will come here without Howard. No way what so ever.

This sounds like I like CP3, don't like Dwight so let me post things from my heart that is not truthful about Dwight. Dwight really had no other options, he wanted to opt out but Brooklyn didn't have the money and needed a SnT which Orlando wasn't willing to do. No one with cap space was where Dwight wanted to play.

Since when is Dwight this demon you are making him out to be. I know Dwight. Far from a demon. Needs to be more careful in terms of sex but he is generally a good person and is really one who is in the church and wants to do good to everyone he meets.

I honestly don't think Houston will land Dwight. It's a better option than the Lakers but Atlanta is the best with CP3.

So Dwight being serious with one woman now makes all the other women that he has children with just go poof? Sounds plausible.

Dwight had plenty of options to sign anywhere, he was a free agent

oh

Well, he would of been had he not opted into the last year of his deal. Brooklyn had cap space specifically to sign him, Dallas also had cap space to sign him so I don't know how you can make it seem that I'm the one making up things and then you come here with pure fabrications that teams that were clearing out space specifically to go after him weren't put in the lurch the moment he decided to opt in.

I should just go ahead and pretend that teams weren't prepared for a summer that was supposed to see Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard all become free agents.....just like they are doing for this summer. Yes, that seems very likely.

• Premium Member

Really?

...and this may be like the unattractive dude that gets the revenge sex from the hot chick...but, I'm just happy to hear our name tossed around like this. lol

• Admin

Really?

...and this may be like the unattractive dude that gets the revenge sex from the hot chick...but, I'm just happy to hear our name tossed around like this. lol

I don't know why Stephen A Smith gets any airtime?? He is annoying (and this is nothing to do with Atlanta and free agents). I just generally don't like him...and will often change the channel when he comes on

So Dwight being serious with one woman now makes all the other women that he has children with just go poof? Sounds plausible.

Dwight had plenty of options to sign anywhere, he was a free agent

oh

Well, he would of been had he not opted into the last year of his deal. Brooklyn had cap space specifically to sign him, Dallas also had cap space to sign him so I don't know how you can make it seem that I'm the one making up things and then you come here with pure fabrications that teams that were clearing out space specifically to go after him weren't put in the lurch the moment he decided to opt in.

I should just go ahead and pretend that teams weren't prepared for a summer that was supposed to see Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard all become free agents.....just like they are doing for this summer. Yes, that seems very likely.

Brooklyn needed to do a SnT to get Dwight and keep Deron. Dallas had the money to get Dwight but Dwight wanted Brooklyn and no one else.